Which Diary Show Has Randy's Best Guitar Work

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

funk49

Which Diary Show Has Randy's Best Guitar Work

Post by funk49 »

I just wanted to get everybody's opinion on which Diary bootleg show you think is the best. I'm not talking about best sounding just which one you think has Randy's best playing on it. I'm kinda leaning towards the 1/15/82 show but I still really think the Milwaukee 1/22/82 show is really a ass kickin show to! I would really appreciate everybody's thoughts... Oh and cheers it's Friday!! :D
FUNK49
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

That has to be to EL PASO 23-2-'82 show. :) Not because this is the last known Randy boot. But I feel Randy had really fun that night and was more into his playing compared with a lot of other '82 shows. Also his solospot there I prefer above most others, he did some extra phrases there which sounded very cool. 8)
Maybe Randy was more in his element because they didn't use that Castle stage that night in Texas? I heard Randy didn't like that Gothic stage that much. So maybe he felt less ridiculous that night and more like a musician? All speculation of course...

*And it's hard to accept we don't have footage of this show while we know that there was a guy with a camera during the soundcheck..... :?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
kh1029

Post by kh1029 »

from what I heard, New Years Evil has Randy shredding thru it. It just has poor sound qualtiy :cry:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

*And it's hard to accept we don't have footage of this show while we know that there was a guy with a camera during the soundcheck..... [/quote]
Its 24 years since Randy's death and everyone who's a big fan is waiting for footage and some rare piece of film to turn up.Why carn't we just come to terms with the facts that for one, video cameras were like hens teeth back then it was all cine cameras and even recording equipment was dictaphones or a ghetto blaster with a built in microphone.When was the last time a rare piece of footage/film came to light ???.If its out there i think it would have come to light by now Don't you think!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The last time a piece of footage came to light was about a year and a half to two years ago when the soundcheck footage popped up.
Spok

Post by Spok »

The best diary show by far is Cardiff, Sophia Gardens
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Spok wrote:The best diary show by far is Cardiff, Sophia Gardens
THat is a top show but one reason could be that Lyndsey was on KB's!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger,
Is the Sophia Gardens gig from 1982 ??
The last piece of footage from the soundcheck is that the one from Texas ! which is dark for most of the time.filmed from a distance zooming in ...
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Trigger,
The last piece of footage from the soundcheck is that the one from Texas ! which is dark for most of the time.filmed from a distance zooming in ...
Sophia Gardens is European DOAM tour so No not 1982. 1981. Great show though.
funk49

Post by funk49 »

Hey Skeeza, cableguy which one is your favorite?
FUNK49
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

skezza wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Trigger,
Sophia Gardens is European DOAM tour so No not 1982. 1981. Great show though.
What am i thinking of 1982 i should of said 1981 my heads in the clouds.They didn't do many gigs in the UK for the DOAM.How many did they do cos Ozzy cancelled a load due to being exhausted.Sharon had him grafting his balls off yet again for more shopping vouchers..HA
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

You must have a poor copy or really high standards :lol: . That's a great sounding show.
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

funk49 wrote:Hey Skeeza, cableguy which one is your favorite?
ummm. I liked quite a few of the shows, although i thought he lost a bit of his enthusiasm, possibly because he knew he was leaving. I really like El Paso 82, he makes a lot of the solo up on the spot. Im always a fan of Band Jam as well, so a good version of that is always brill!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:When was the last time a rare piece of footage/film came to light ???.If its out there i think it would have come to light by now Don't you think!!
No I don't think that, there are enough examples that footage sometimes comes to surface even after decades.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
kh1029

Post by kh1029 »

[quote="cableguyxx"][quote="kh1029"]from what I heard, New Years Evil has Randy shredding thru it. It just has poor sound qualtiy :cry:[/quote]You must have a poor copy or really high standards :lol: . That's a great sounding show. [/quote]

Thanks, my copy is poor, but I do have high standards