Well heres what we've been waiting for...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Astral Plane

Well heres what we've been waiting for...

Post by Astral Plane »

http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/ozzy-os ... ls/5779242

Question is.. what is included in the DVD!!!
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: Well heres what we've been waiting for...

Post by Jazznroll »

Bonus cd. Live in southhampton, no mention of footage thogh, better then nowt, cheers for sharing.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Sigh.... No mention of never before seen live footage with Randy Rhoads.

Other than that... sounds AWESOME!!!!!! Excited to finally get this rolling. Live in Southampton is a nice touch No one was expecting. Isn't Southampton where goodbye to romance and no bone movies was recorded for the Tribute album??

Nice... upon 2nd look I just noticed that the top of the box set is polka-doted!! Thats cool.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

Yes no mention of footage... but the fact that Southhampton is getting an offical release provides alot of hope that if there is footage with Bob and Lee that it could get released in time.
I think we will see the footage soon, at least the footage that Sharon spoke of last year.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Somewhere in the past year, some steps had to have been made between the two camps. There no way the Osbournes could celebrate the anniversary of these albums and not include Bob and Lee.
Maybe this is the first step in making things right.
I'm just real pleased the Southampton gig is getting an official release.
Perhaps some video in the future, but for now this a real nice start. 8)
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I was told that southampton was going to be released as a tribute before RR's 25th, then when it didn't happen I thought it had just been forgotten about!
What has confused me is that it says only available in the USA?!?!?! I hope that changes very soon and we can order it here in Europe without too many problems.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

More updates... getting really excited now

http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/ozzy-os ... ls/5779190

And found this... but when I click on it, the mentioned footage does not come up!

Ozzy Osbourne "Diary of a Madman/Blizzard of Ozz 30th Anniversary ...The DVD also contains over 70mins of never before released Ozzy and Randy Rhoads which consists of NEVER BEFORE SEEN Ozzy & Randy footage from 1981 ...
www.sonymusicdigital.com/ozzy-osbourne/details/5779242 - 16 hours ago
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Where does it mention the Southampton show ?
Look what it says here 'TONIGHT Long Version' i hope this isn't a revamped new version. So we will get to here Randy's faded out solo. Plus a never heard before Randy solo ?

Diary of a Madman (Legacy Edition)
Pre-Order - Ships on or before May 03, 2011
Disc 1

1.Over The Mountain (4:31)
2.Flying High Again (4:44)
3.You Can’t Kill Rock And Roll (6:59)
4.Believer (5:15)
5.Little Dolls (5:39)
6.Tonight (5:50)
7.S.A.T.O. (4:07)
8.Diary Of A Madman (6:14)
9.Tonight (Long Version, Previously Unreleased) (6:09)
10.You Can’t Kill Rock And Roll (Long Version, Previously Unreleased) (7:11)
11.Diary Of A Madman (2010 Remix, Previously Unreleased) (6:08)

Disc 2 - Live 1981

1.I Don’t Know
2.Crazy Train
3.Believer
4.Mr. Crowley
5.Flying High Again
6.Revelation (Mother Earth)
7.Steal Away (The Night)
8.Suicide Solution
9.Iron Man
10.Children Of The Grave
11.Paranoid
This live CD showcases the power and intensity of an Ozzy Osbourne performance from 1981, with legendary guitarist Randy Rhoads at his side and the solid rhythm section of Tommy Aldridge (drums) and Rudy Sarzo (bass). Thirty years ago this line up stormed across the U.S. like a Blizzard, leaving audiences in complete awe. Mixed by Kevin Churko, who produced Ozzy's latest release "Scream" as well as 2007's "Black Rain". These never before released performances sound fresh and exciting, it's hard to believe they're 30 years old.

Blizzard of Ozz (Expanded Edition)
Pre-Order - Ships on or before May 03, 2011
1. I Don’t Know (5:13)
2. Crazy Train (4:51)
3. Goodbye To Romance (5:33)
4. Dee (0:49)
5. Suicide Solution (4:17)
6. Mr. Crowley (5:02)
7. No Bone Movies (3:52)
8. Revelation (Mother Earth) (6:08)
9. Steal Away (The Night) (3:28)
10. You Looking At Me, Looking At You (Non-LP B-Side, Previously Unreleased in the U.S.) (4:15)
11. Goodbye To Romance (2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix, Previously Unreleased) (5:42)
12. Revelation (Mother Earth) (Previously Unreleased Version) (7:23)

-Goodbye to Romance (guitar & vocal 2010 new mix)
-RR (Randy Rhoads guitar solo-never released)
-You Looking At Me, Looking At You (original recording, b-side of Crazy Train 7", first time this version is available in the US)
Attachments
Ozzy delux Blizzard & Diary release 2011.jpg
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

Hmm... looks like the original link that I posted that showed the whole box set has been taken down, interesting... Yes Southhampton was part of it
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

Yes Astral...now just the DOAM Legacy, BOO Expanded, and DOAM Remaster editions are listed on the website. Hopefully the box set will reappear soon. Going by what folks here said, nice to see Southampton Live and footage possibly included. My question though, is what happened to the "No Bone Movies" and "Steal Away The Night" alternate mixes NOT being included in the BOO Expanded Edition? Those are out there, they're fun, and would be great to have included! A nice surprise are the DOAM remixes, but I'm wary of any remixes done in 2010...just to add bonus tracks to the CD.

It certainly will be interesting to see exactly what we've all got here in a couple of month's time...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:I was told that southampton was going to be released as a tribute before RR's 25th, then when it didn't happen I thought it had just been forgotten about!
What has confused me is that it says only available in the USA?!?!?! I hope that changes very soon and we can order it here in Europe without too many problems.
Ian did you get told this from a good contact ?. Did you have to hold this info back and not spill the beans ?.
crumblycake

Post by crumblycake »

Well, it looks like Bob and Lee get f**ked again..

"This live CD showcases the power and intensity of an Ozzy Osbourne performance from 1981, with legendary guitarist Randy Rhoads at his side and the solid rhythm section of Tommy Aldridge (drums) and Rudy Sarzo (bass)".
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Trigger wrote: What has confused me is that it says only available in the USA?!?!?! I hope that changes very soon and we can order it here in Europe without too many problems.
+ 1. If not, I hope an American user can forward one for me :?
It seems that we're finally getting some quality/new stuff, hooray!
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Not bitching but....

Why would they re-release these albums with all new material and so on.. and not do an official cleaned up version of "YOU SAID IT ALL" I was really looking forward to that.

If they go with this new LIVE 81 instead of Southampton.. Then i Bet its the King Biscuit show that we all arleady have :(
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

Heres my conclusion to the disappearing boxset ad... I came across the link today after doing a google search for Blizzard Of Ozz 30th. I clicked on the "latest" button on search features. Clicked on the link that I originally posted, and got the ad for the box set. Which you all will be seeing soon I'm sure!
I think I just happened to stumble upon the ad being made, without even all the full details.

What I can assure you is that Southhampton 80 show is included! As well as the other 81 show with Tommy, and Rudy!

Now dont hold me to it, but from the other fragment links I saw at certain times today, that have disappeared, I am 99% sure that the whole Blizzard show is going to be included on the DVD!