Does anyone have this ?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Does anyone have this ?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This is a photo by Paul Cox i'm sure its from the Hammersmith Odeon 26th October. Does anyone have this pic i'd like to see this without the Ozzy logo and tex. That's the first time i've seen a pic of Randy giving the crowd the thumbs up !!.
This is a thread with other pics from the same gig, all by photographer Paul Cox.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3016
Attachments
Ozzy 1980 Hammersmith Odeon ...jpg
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: Does anyone have this ?

Post by Jazznroll »

No, but it is cool, didnt they played snottingham in '80. cheers
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Jazznroll wrote:No, but it is cool, didnt they played snottingham in '80. cheers
that's what it says in the text :wink: (apart from the SNOTtington bit :lol: :lol: )
psylocke24

Post by psylocke24 »

Maybe I have seen this photo before but did not notice that Randy giving the crowd the thumbs up in that pic. Keep searching in google maybe you'll find one. Cool pic though.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

sytharnia wrote:
Jazznroll wrote:No, but it is cool, didnt they played snottingham in '80. cheers
that's what it says in the text :wink: (apart from the SNOTtington bit :lol: :lol: )
I'm going blind, i meant i didnt know that they played there.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Jazznroll wrote:
sytharnia wrote:
I'm going blind, i meant i didnt know that they played there.
As far as i know they never played the Nottingham gig in 1980 no proof has come to light of the gig ever happening. No tour info, reviews or ticket stubs, flyers or posters have been seen. Dave Tangye told me that the last date of the 1980 UK tour was a rescheduled gig. The Canterbury Odeon 21st October this gig was postponed and ended up being the last date on the tour 1st November. So all that tex on that cover is crap to make people buy it.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

psylocke24 wrote:Maybe I have seen this photo before but did not notice that Randy giving the crowd the thumbs up in that pic. Keep searching in google maybe you'll find one. Cool pic though.
A couple of similar black & white shots from the same angle have been published over the years. Just the idea of Randy doing the thumbs up, i've never seen him doing that on any Live photos. I've tried to find Paul Cox pics of Ozzy and he doesn't have any listed from this gig.
Attachments
Ozzy Paul Cox 1980.jpg
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Cheers, good photos man.
Efrum

Post by Efrum »

Cool pic!! The only other time I've seen a thumbs up was on the Sharon "Happy Birthday" clip when he was sitting with Jake.
sbjch1997

Post by sbjch1997 »

Awesome do you think you could upload the audio of that cd and scan the cover so its clearer? thanks so much and where did you get that??
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

sbjch1997 wrote:Awesome do you think you could upload the audio of that cd and scan the cover so its clearer? thanks so much and where did you get that??
Some ripp off merchant was selling these on ebay. As far as i know it is a compilation of live material, but made out to be a new show. These are not cheap and all the material is available free here. So you'd be paying for an expensive cover.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

do not have it... but i would love to have it
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Just found out the thumbs up photo is from the Hammersmith Odeon 1980. The one below was taken by Robert Ellis. Cool end-of-the-show photo!
Attachments
RR_ThumbsUp_RobertEllis80.jpg
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Killer pics thanks. I want them