Randy w/Kevin onstage - Dubrow 10-6-81 via Sheryl Sussman

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

Randy w/Kevin onstage - Dubrow 10-6-81 via Sheryl Sussman

Post by DMRX »

Thanks to CableGuyxx at RRTK for this info

Many thanks to fellow rr.tk member, "Kittie". These are great quality. There are 23 total I believe. This is the show we've had 3 or so photos of forever, but poor quality. Randy playing a Dean V on stage with the band Dubrow.

http://www.sherylsussman.com/Sheryl_Sus ... -6-81.html

Please adhere the requested handling of the photos on the web page. Thank you very much, Sheryl

There are also some Cool Randy pics on her page,Thanks Again!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Randy w/Kevin onstage - Dubrow 10-6-81 via Sheryl Sussma

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Link didn't work but I found my way there... great pictures! Wonder what the one song was Randy got on stage for? Probably a Van Halen cover :lol:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sheryl has got some excellent photos there. A very rare set from the Whisky on stage with DuBrow 1981. She has other pics of Randy with Quiet Riot 1978. Check out the link this one works. Please respect her wishes and don't copy her photos.

http://www.sherylsussman.com/Sheryl_Sus ... 81.html#15
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

DMRX wrote:Thanks to CableGuyxx at RRTK for this info

Many thanks to fellow rr.tk member, "Kittie". These are great quality. There are 23 total I believe. This is the show we've had 3 or so photos of forever, but poor quality. Randy playing a Dean V on stage with the band Dubrow.

http://www.sherylsussman.com/Sheryl_Sus ... -6-81.html

Please adhere the requested handling of the photos on the web page. Thank you very much, Sheryl

There are also some Cool Randy pics on her page,Thanks Again!
Thanks for posting dude. Meant to get around to it but hadn't found the time yet.
Solos

Post by Solos »

That's pretty cool! Do we know what song they played? Looks like Rudy was there too...

I could've sworn I've heard audio of Randy playing with Kevin after he joined Ozzy and Randy played the "Ozzy version" of his spotlight solo. Or was that a different gig?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Solos wrote:That's pretty cool! Do we know what song they played? Looks like Rudy was there too...

I could've sworn I've heard audio of Randy playing with Kevin after he joined Ozzy and Randy played the "Ozzy version" of his spotlight solo. Or was that a different gig?

That was the QR reunion in May 1980... Randy used Revelation (Mother Earth)'s solo as most of his Laughing Gas spotlight solo.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

No Prob Cable,Thanks Again!

Id assume mabey Slick Black Caddilac since that was the "Hit" & the Singe that was played on KROQ in L.A at the time.And I read that song was Carried over to the Post-RR QR at Frankie Banallis Request. 8)
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Damn, isn't that the only show that he used the Dean for?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Randy talked about doing gigs with Kevin as far back as November 1980. His amp head from his QR days was broke and he asked him if he could get it fixed. So it is possible that he would of done other gigs with Kev that went under the radar. If they were private gigs for a birthday party etc. As we all know they did many gigs like these during the QR days.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I always wondered what song he played with Kevin post 1980?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Randy told a few people he was embarrassed playing those songs again. Of course he would play them for nostalgia as he was home and probably wanted to jam with his friends.