Randy's ORIGINAL restingplace.......

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Xanadu
Cool Member

Randy's ORIGINAL restingplace.......

Post by Xanadu »

Does anyone know much about this? I have heard over the years that the family mausoleum that Randy now rests in was not his original resting place. The bio on this site lists it's construction as 1992.....10 years after Randy's passing. Does anyone know if he was originally buried in Mt. View Cemetary as he is now......or elsewhere. In March of 2005, I visited his resting place in San Bernardino, California. It is quite a ways from his home......nearly 2 hours. I know it is absolutely none of my business....but I am curious as to why he is interred so far from his home...and even if this was the original cemetary.....and why he was moved. Anyone have any comments or insight on this?
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I have always wondered what the original grave etc looked like myself. He was moved because fans were destroying the headstone and roughing the earth, taking bits home saying it was a hold on there hero. I find it a bit disrespectful, but others didnt.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

he was originally in a vault about 4 rows up I have a pic somewhere,people kept taking the name plate off..
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

wyldeone wrote:he was originally in a vault about 4 rows up I have a pic somewhere,people kept taking the name plate off..
Can you post it all I have seen of it is a picture of Randy's coffin being carried by his friends, I found it a bit morbid and not pleasant viewing.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

when I find it I can Post.. there has to be a photo on the web somewhere!!
sato sam

Post by sato sam »

skezza wrote: He was moved because fans were destroying the headstone and roughing the earth,
There was no 'headstone' there was no 'rouhing of earth' either as he was inside a building laid to rest in the wall a few rows up like wyldeone said. :roll:

There is a photo of it here http://www.nobitching.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4463

People kept stealing his name plate, not bits of the headstone that didn't exist.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

thats not the right photo or tomb.. thats just a shot of the new grave witout the gates..
sato sam

Post by sato sam »

wyldeone wrote:thats not the right photo or tomb.. thats just a shot of the new grave witout the gates..
Oh, my bad. I forgot to type out implicit instructions.
Scroll down the page a little. :wink:
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Thats It!!
from the east

Post by from the east »

Thankyou for this link I was much interested by this
andy m

Post by andy m »

I have always wondered about reading of a new memorial being built. I had always thought that Randy had been buried in the memorial with the gates. I didn't realize that he had been moved. Thanks for the read, it was very interesting.

Andy
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

I don't remember reading about Randy's remains being moved in the 1990,s I only discovered he had been moved when I started reading about Randy on websites.
That’s the great thing about places like these real fans get a chance to share information.
Randy rocked
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Re: Randy's ORIGINAL restingplace.......

Post by frank »

Xanadu wrote:Does anyone know much about this? I have heard over the years that the family mausoleum that Randy now rests in was not his original resting place. The bio on this site lists it's construction as 1992.....10 years after Randy's passing. Does anyone know if he was originally buried in Mt. View Cemetary as he is now......or elsewhere. In March of 2005, I visited his resting place in San Bernardino, California. It is quite a ways from his home......nearly 2 hours. I know it is absolutely none of my business....but I am curious as to why he is interred so far from his home...and even if this was the original cemetary.....and why he was moved. Anyone have any comments or insight on this?
xanadu, delores' family is interred at mountain view. in the same building in fact as randys original resting place.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Thank you Frank.
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
CROWLEY

Post by CROWLEY »

wyldeone wrote:he was originally in a vault about 4 rows up I have a pic somewhere,people kept taking the name plate off..
This is true.I have a video recorded at the RR get together from 1992, not sure if it was the Mrach or December one but that's where it was held.
[img]http://home.flash.net/~ulknatme/flyingvees.jpg[/img]