randy rhoads strat for sale used in quiet riot

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

WAR IN D

Re: randy rhoads strat for sale used in quiet riot

Post by WAR IN D »

Yup, from either George or Don..

Not to up to date on my "old school" Dokken, but from what I read (either on youtube or somewhere else) that George, Juan and Bobby were just the "backing band" at that point to Don Dokken. They hadn't yet become the Dokken that most will remember.

It's pretty easy to see how they all could have influenced each other back in the day. Most, if not all, of the big players that would eventually emerge from that hairband era/LA scene were pretty tight. Jake E. Lee, Warren DeMartini, George Lynch, Robin Crosby, Etc..

Mick Mars was actually an "old man" within that genre, as I think he was in his early to mid 30's when he joined up with Motley Crue.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

funny thing is when george went to audition for ozzy he had to get warren to help him learn the songs :lol: :lol: ....God I wish motley would go out on tour with Ratt...would be a great show
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

sytharnia wrote:
WAR IN D wrote:Speaking of Dokken and trading riffs... (not to mention bass players, as that is Juan Croucier from Ratt)

Shades of "Looks that Kill" in the opening riff perhaps?? Also, Don playing lead over George's rhythm?? :roll: Something is wrong with this picture! LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODKqgZZJsJA
well that is from 1982 and looks that kill came out in 1983 so maybe mick stole it from george as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
They all (Randy included) borrowed things at times! :lol:
Have to say Mick did a good job 'improving' that riff a bit. 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Has anyone else ever noticed,in another picture from this day taken from behing the Mixingboard,there is Weed & Rolling papers on the speaker?? I'll see if I can find it.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

yeah i think it was discussed here a while ago..the thread should be here somewhere..
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

everyone who smokes (including Randy) smokes a joint every now and again. I know Ozzy smokes one before he gets on stage. He said it in an interview lol.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

I miss smokin the ganja....damn long distance running, lol.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Axeman1956 wrote:everyone who smokes (including Randy) smokes a joint every now and again. I know Ozzy smokes one before he gets on stage. He said it in an interview lol.
dude that's just so not true...I know at least 3 guys who are regular smokers who have never had a joint...and I mean NEVER had even a toke
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Im sure he did,but it is known that randy "Disliked" smoking pot saying "it just makes you lazy" but Im sure hearing how "Wild" he was when he drank,& how Forceful Ozzy was as to Saying shit like "One Drink aint gonna kill ya" Ect..ect.. Im sure When work was done & Randy Drank,he Had his Fun!! even if to just shut Ozzy up & get him off his back:) I used to think about that when I was 14 15 Just experimenting,I I am was "Enhancement Smoker" in the
end,.......but then I grew up & realized,Who Cares?????????? But I will say that If you are able to Run such Long Distances,.....you should have No prob smokin grass,in Moderation of course.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

well,nearly two weeks later,I found it & scanned it:)

Hey,it was the 70's,C'mon......besides in HollyWood 77-78 this looks like some Brown Mexican weed :oops: .....This Aint Lumbo!!!!!!! :lol:
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

holy crap his distortion+ has the same settings that i have been using lately!
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Awsome,I got a MXR + back in the early 90s (Original one used) & I used to Love it,this was when Floor units were still the size of Randys custom Pedel.& I have No Idea what ever happened to it?? I assume It was stolen since I dont think I'da let anyone borrow it at the time it was my Pride!I also had the Blue MXR 10 Band EQ
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

nice! i got mine from wareagle it is the block logo with script logo on back same insides as script tho
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Speaking of.....Where is whereagle? I know he only can say wahat hes said,but the Guy who owns the Archive,that was supposedly in "Negotiations" w/Sharon.He was Rumored to have at least More than one Ozzy 81-82 era shows?Mabey hes the same guy Peter found,assuming this was the same reels??Its Just w/the THOUSANDS of Pics from Way over 100 shows & new ones surfacing monthly,Its Only Logical that a few of those Venues would have "In-House" Cameras! This was 81 & even the Starwood & Whiskey had em almost 5 years before.Some of theese Nicer Venues Had to Have em,even just Black & White
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Ive actually PM him lately he hasn't been extremely social, but he still reads the forum and such. I kinda did the same thing for a while last fall.