randy rhoads strat for sale used in quiet riot

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: randy rhoads strat for sale used in quiet riot

Post by sytharnia »

100% sure randy never owned it....and have read somewhere that that is definitely the same guitar. Is it worth that sort of money??? only if someone buys it :lol:
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Wow,I wish there was more info either way,it is Cool. Just wish there was more,mabey one of the mods knows offhand but I Definatly Know I read that that was either their Producers or Managers Guitar.I Also know Randy played the solo om that on the Afterglow of your love QRII & QRRRY as its in the liner notes or an interview w/Kev from then.
slobberface

Post by slobberface »

In the first comment after the strat pics.. someone says George Lynch showed Randy a few licks, and one ended up on Blizzard of Ozz ?... Anyone ever hear of this before?
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

slobberface wrote:In the first comment after the strat pics.. someone says George Lynch showed Randy a few licks, and one ended up on Blizzard of Ozz ?... Anyone ever hear of this before?
I've heard that Lynch may have clued Randy in on the descending tapping pattern that ends the Flying High Again solo.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

maybe i'll hit the lottery now...
The One
Cool Member

Post by The One »

NoQuattro wrote:
slobberface wrote:In the first comment after the strat pics.. someone says George Lynch showed Randy a few licks, and one ended up on Blizzard of Ozz ?... Anyone ever hear of this before?
I've heard that Lynch may have clued Randy in on the descending tapping pattern that ends the Flying High Again solo.
Def. sounds like something George would play....
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/4Stacks.jpg[/img]
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Looks alittle off to me--right around Randys forearm area-anyone else notice that??
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i did i dont think its the same one...also the head looks way new who knows lol!!!!!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I still find it hard to believe that George would have to show him the lick! Randy could figure it out on his own! Randy was able to figure out Al Di Meola Licks. Come on.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Lespauly wrote:Looks alittle off to me--right around Randys forearm area-anyone else notice that??
well the sign is covering that area so it could very well be darker under that

Tito wrote:i did i dont think its the same one...also the head looks way new who knows lol!!!!!
judging by the dots on the neck it is most likely the original....they are very discoloured which would be about right for a 60's guitar

This guitar was owned by QR's tech and i'm 100% sure it has been verified as the real thing......but it still aren't worth that kind of money because randy used it in the studio a little
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

when it comes down to it its just an overpriced strat. theres nothing custom or special about it. other then randy played it from time to time. if it really was the techs then i dont think its worth that much.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

The One wrote:
NoQuattro wrote:
Def. sounds like something George would play....
yeah, compare Flying High Again to Dokkens Tooth and Nail :)
there's also the riffs in Crazy Train and Mr. Scary.
sounds like they traded some riffs :twisted:
WAR IN D

Post by WAR IN D »

Speaking of Dokken and trading riffs... (not to mention bass players, as that is Juan Croucier from Ratt)

Shades of "Looks that Kill" in the opening riff perhaps?? Also, Don playing lead over George's rhythm?? :roll: Something is wrong with this picture! LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODKqgZZJsJA
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

WAR IN D wrote:Speaking of Dokken and trading riffs... (not to mention bass players, as that is Juan Croucier from Ratt)

Shades of "Looks that Kill" in the opening riff perhaps?? Also, Don playing lead over George's rhythm?? :roll: Something is wrong with this picture! LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODKqgZZJsJA
well that is from 1982 and looks that kill came out in 1983 so maybe mick stole it from george as well :lol: :lol: :lol: