Still shots from Randy DVD surface?!?!?!?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Still shots from Randy DVD surface?!?!?!?

Post by GuitarJoe »

Lambchops posted this at tk. and thought I'd throw it up here as well:

http://themetalden.com/index.php?p=17074

GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Re: Still shots from Randy DVD surface?!?!?!?

Post by GuitarJoe »

The Metal Den has obtained a couple still shots reportedly taken off footage that is from the long awaited OZZY OSBOURNE live DVD that features late great guitarist Randy Rhoads!
In November of 2010, Sony Music Entertainment was set to unleash re-releases of the classic Ozzy albums: Diary of a Madman and Blizzard of Ozz, featuring Randy Rhoads, with the original bass and drum tracks restored. These are said to be 2 disc Deluxe 30th Anniversary Editions with demos, rarities and previously unreleased live material. A limited Super Deluxe Edition of Blizzard of Ozz will be released in the U.K. only and features a newly designed DVD sized Digipak case with the 2 CD’s, a 65 minute DVD featuring never-before-seen live concert footage & interviews with Ozzy and the band, 3 Fender guitar picks, stickers, a faux invitation to the resurrection of Alistair Crowley and an 18cm by 12cm glossy 58-page booklet.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i just saw this too you beat me to it gj lol!!!!!!this looks really good!!!!!
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

mmmmmmmmmmm tiny bit excited, oh so many times have there been disappointments, this would be a different gig than what Zak commented on then. He said that it was a stage B show, no castle set.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Nice! 8)
shawn wrote:mmmmmmmmmmm tiny bit excited, oh so many times have there been disappointments, this would be a different gig than what Zak commented on then. He said that it was a stage B show, no castle set.
I think they are sitting on LOTS of stuff.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

They certainly look like stills from video. Man oh man. If this pans out, the waiting just got ten times worse. I certainly hope they go through the video and clean it up like Jimmy Page et. al did for the Zeppelin DVD. I'm very excited.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

They sure do look like stills to me, kids.

Anyone want to start the inevitible.....what show are the stills from? I bet it could be narrowed down to a few possible dates.

-DOAM Tour
-A-show w/castle
-Ozzy's red chainmail uni-tard (that always makes me giggle).

I'm sorry folks, but he's such a sap for letting Sharon talk him into wearing that thing. And the royal blue one is even wackier looking, especially when he started to bulk up. The integrated codpiece....need more be said? IMHO, he looked like a Smurf in it. I can almost hear him barking, "Sharon, No! I ain't wearing that fookin' shite again tonight!". Imagine how many times he urinated in those suits because he had to unbuckle 'em down the back! Imagine Randy, Rudy, Tommy, and Don being instructed by Sharon not to laugh at Oz when he plods out to model that stupid suit at Zoetrope. And that was when he was sober...god help the gang whan Oz was wasted and sweaty, flopping and spazing about the stage in the red or blue one, singing off key, voice cracking, forgetting lyrics, arguing with Sharon. Damn, no wonder Rhoads wanted out of that zoo.

-Specific RR vest
-Looks like RR leather pants
-No noticable wisdom-teeth extraction face on RR

The whole thing looks a lot like the large picture found inside "Tribute" where they are coming offstage.

Anyone else want to chime in?
estang74

Post by estang74 »

That first video still looks really, really clean for 81/82. With both of those stills, I would guess that we have a multi camera angle video on our hands. One can only hope that this is true and its part of the DVD that's added to the Box Set. Man, I wish this wasn't pushed back to next year :(

Looking forward to more answers like, where did the video come from, is it the same one that Sarzo saw last year, is it some of the footage that was dug up from the documentary findings. Cross our fingers but maybe we will get a small video taste soon.

Also, Wareagle, what is the deal with your buddy? Maybe you can show him this footage and see if it looks like what your friend has on his reel to reel or was that confirmed a dead end?
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i just hope the pics were leaked with sharons knowledge and the project doesnt get shut down!!!seems like this is bieng done so people know there is footage and dont give up..im excited i like this teasing!!!looks like bad cam pics but the footage looks good and cleaned up tho
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

If we find out what show it is, we could re-check all the photo's and look for possible camera's.. Yay!
Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

I want new footage as much as anybody, if not more. As one of the old-timers here, I can honestly say I've been waiting for something like this since '82. In this case, though, there is reason to doubt the source. Look at some of The Metal Den's other claims regarding RR...

. . .

"TMD has uncovered what is believed to be the historic first OZZY show from September 12, 1980 at the Apollo Theatre in Glasgow, Scotland."

http://themetalden.com/?p=12748

TMD didn't uncover anything. They just posted a bootleg that's been circulating for decades -- which, as most fans already know, isn't really the first Ozzy show. Besides, it was all over the internet already.

. . .

"TMD has discovered the only known ‘isolated master guitar track’ to exist of Randy Rhoads playing the classic song 'Crazy Train' off Ozzy Osbourne’s Blizzard of Ozz album from 1980."

http://themetalden.com/index.php?p=12601

TMD didn't discover anything. They just re-posted something that had already been circulating among the RR message boards and had been on YouTube off and on for about two years. Some discovery!

. . .

"TMD has uncovered yet another Randy Rhoads isolated guitar track. This one comes from the song “Mr Crowley”, featured on Ozzy Osbourne’s classic 1980 Blizzard Of Ozz album."

http://themetalden.com/index.php?p=12687

They "uncovered" this about as much as I did by downloading it two years before.

. . .

"The Metal Den has obtained the holy grail for Randy Rhoads fans: NEVER BEFORE SEEN LIVE FOOTAGE!"

http://themetalden.com/index.php?p=16858

Wow, holy shit! That's great news, TMD! Oh, wait... it's from the 1979 Starwood Quiet Riot footage that most fans have already seen, and is available all over the internet.

. . .

See a pattern here? If The Metal Den told me the sky was blue, I think I'd look up just to make sure. I hope -- I really do -- that this latest report is legitimate, but given their track record (at least where Randy Rhoads is concerned), I've got to be skeptical. These images do look like video stills, but a picture of a still photograph on a computer screen would look much the same. Needless to say, my fingers are crossed.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Uh, saying that no one here has ever seen it with their own eyes, I'd call it new footage!!
Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

dmnjr wrote:Uh, saying that no one here has ever seen it with their own eyes, I'd call it new footage!!
True enough! It's new to us, even if it is silent 8mm film footage. I doubt it'll be on the Ozzy DVD as claimed, but it'd be nice if it was...
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.