RR in hologram shape?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

qwaszxv

RR in hologram shape?

Post by qwaszxv »

After seeing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goChPAcicZU
...wouldn´t it be cool if they in the near future made a reunion with Ozzy, Bob, Lee and
that they "recreated" Randy in a 3D hologram shape to "play" along with them on stage?
The possibilities seems endless with the new technology....
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: RR in hologram shape?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I think the only way that would happen now. Would be if Bob and Lee were in hologramm form as well LOL!!. No love for Ozzy on both Lee and Bob's parts. Which is a shame as he did eventualy get back with Sabbath after all the bad mouthing.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

That's actually old technology, an old smoke and mirrors trick known as "Pepper's Ghost". A clear reflective sheet of mylar is angled to a projection screen (or in the old days, glass reflecting the actor), which picks up the reflection of it. The subject being reflected is shot against a black background, so only they are reflected. We've used this effect in a few of our multimedia shows at work now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper%27s_ghost

This is the company that most likely did it. We contracted them to set up our last show for us. Although, I find it ridiculous that they tout it as a "three dimensional hologram"! :roll: That would imply that you could walk around it then, but it's just a reflection on a flat sheet.
http://www.musion.co.uk/

But, apparently we are very, very close to the reality of three dimensional motion holograms, much like the chess game in the first Star Wars. Recently one was revealed that was a few inches high but only one frame every two seconds, so more like a slide show really. But they hope to get it up to 8 feet high with a higher frame rate soon enough!
Ric

AeolianMad

Post by AeolianMad »

So basically its like watching a large screen....but proportional...right?
12.6.56-3.19.82
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Well, yes and no I suppose... it shouldn't be like watching a large screen, because if done right, you shouldn't even notice that the glass or mylar sheet is even there, so that the imagery reflecting on it just appears to be within the space. And it's only proportional if the footage being reflected was shot from the right distance and camera angle, or at least tweaked in post production to appear so.
Ric

Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

I can see this happening. Ozzy would do that, and CPU's would be programmed to make it look like Ozzy is lifting Randy up... Damn, be cool.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:? Naah. I don´t think people would go for it, not on a long shot... Hologram....uh. I wish we´d get a copy of those "brothers´" video, that would be cool!!!
Mikel