Randy's effect sequence

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Norselaw

Randy's effect sequence

Post by Norselaw »

I have the Marshall 1959rr and am planning on doing a demo for Aracom featuring Randy's tone in able to show the usefulness of the attenuator.

I was wondering if anyone knows the order in which Randy sequenced his effects? Also, for my personal use does anyone know where they would run a phase 90 in the sequence of Randy's pedals?
slobberface

Re: Randy's effect sequence

Post by slobberface »

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Slobberface, no one knows how accurate that is.

I for one, don't think it's accurate because it shows the volume pedal at the beginning. When it should be at the end. I don't know for sure if it was at the end, but it's likely it was because if you've ever played through a high-noise type of set up (Randy had problems with noise) you'll still get plenty of noise with the pedal off, so that's why you'd put it at the end, so it cuts off ALL the noise other pedals are making.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i think theres a better pic on here of his actual setup
slobberface

Post by slobberface »

Couldn't find a picture of his actual pedal board, and i've seen that image posted here or over at RR.TK when someone has asked this same question (or something like it) But you're probably right, seeing as how sometimes Guitar World mags are less than accurate, and you do make a good point with the volume pedal. I didn't really think about it but now that you mention it, I believe the volume pedal is usually only supposed to be before a delay or a reverb (correct me if i'm wrong)
slobberface

Post by slobberface »

Just found this, I believe it's from the GW Aug 2008 issue w/Bernie Torme. Looks like the volume pedal is last http://www.woodytone.com/wp-content/upl ... lboard.jpg
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

i had a post like this a while back
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

slobberface wrote:Couldn't find a picture of his actual pedal board, and i've seen that image posted here or over at RR.TK when someone has asked this same question (or something like it) But you're probably right, seeing as how sometimes Guitar World mags are less than accurate, and you do make a good point with the volume pedal. I didn't really think about it but now that you mention it, I believe the volume pedal is usually only supposed to be before a delay or a reverb (correct me if i'm wrong)

or is it first?-depending on how the in/out is wired.
i always run my volume & wahs before everything else so as not to further distort the signal chain.
but then again,i run my rig w/ just dist,wah,& volume. the delay & verb are after mic'ing & come through the monitors & foh mix.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

I had a better B & W pic,but heres a more recent pic of it
I Love seeing how worn the Volume pedel is!!! Like the relics & the scratches & dings
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

Did Randy even have a phase 90 on that board?
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Nope. Flanger, Chorus, Distortion, Wah, EQ, and Volume were the only pedals in the board.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

does anybody know where i can get the "BOSS" looking switches randy had to control the true bypass unit? (theyre the black squares with the silver square around them in the pic above)
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Who said "Randy didn't use a phaser"? He used one live on Tin Solder and on Laughing gas too. Plus many QR boots. Maybe he figured it wasn't Heavy metal enough (cheezy) for Ozzy???

And this site is for celebrating Randy's life not mourning his death. So whatever comes out or doesn't, we here have witnessed someone great. Almost as a spiritual connection with Randy as he communicated his high art and we were the receivers of said transmission, as we became the followers. It could be said, quite religious followings. Seeking live performance concerts, video footage, etc. in black market settings all to seek a testament of ones witness. Oh my god is this a cult? DELETE ACCOUNT!
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

hansolo wrote:Who said "Randy didn't use a phaser"? He used one live on Tin Solder and on Laughing gas too. Plus many QR boots. Maybe he figured it wasn't Heavy metal enough (cheezy) for Ozzy???

And this site is for celebrating Randy's life not mourning his death. So whatever comes out or doesn't, we here have witnessed someone great. Almost as a spiritual connection with Randy as he communicated his high art and we were the receivers of said transmission, as we became the followers. It could be said, quite religious followings. Seeking live performance concerts, video footage, etc. in black market settings all to seek a testament of ones witness. Oh my god is this a cult? DELETE ACCOUNT!
+30 XP :lol: :D
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »