HOW MANY FANS STILL CARE ANYMORE??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

HOW MANY FANS STILL CARE ANYMORE??

Post by Tito »

you know im almost to the point to where i say the hell with all of the mystery footage, outtakes, takeouts, recuts, docs, and nothing... :roll: but honestly all the speculation theories etc seems like wer'e reopening jfk's assassination!!!!the only thing im holding my breath on is kelly g's book..anything else to go with that i will be very happy!!!but until then i can give 2 shits about all the hype with the 30th anniversary blah blah blah or new footage this new audio that..to be honest i get more excited when trolls make their occasional appearances to stir things up and make everybody go nuts!!!!!!! :oops: anyway post your thoughts..i still love randy but the handlers have totally FUCKED UP whats left of his legacy!! :(
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Re: HOW MANY FANS STILL CARE ANYMORE??

Post by Axeman1956 »

I agree! Those assholes are making it seem like Randy is nothing. I love Randy. He changed my life a whole lot. Those assholes ($haron and the guys) putting together his 'legacy' are fucking it up. I am even believing that there wont be any 30th anniversary stuff the way things are going.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I'm sure this is just our Penance on this earth. I don't sweat it because it is just the way this world handles greatness. In my view, the longer it takes for the 30th Anniversary reissues or unseen footage (real or imagined) to come out the greater Randy must have been. At this point, all the individuals that try to tarnish or impede Randy's legacy from the viewing public are simply building up a tsunami of backlash to years of neglect. In my heart, I believe Randy will attract a whole legion of new supporters in the years ahead.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I am still a fan and can't forsee a time when I won't be! that said, I am a disapointed man and feel that Randy's legacy has been handled badly ,we have seen nothing new since the QR the RR years album which was 15-20 years ago!?!?!

When Sharon sees a chance to make money and promote Ozzy's career she grabs t wih both hands so I am not sure she is the spanner in the works. We know she messed Bob and Lee around so some of this delay could be them trying to sort out there legal position once and for all?

I can only say with all honesty that had his Mother been more open minded to the audio being less than perfect we might have been better served as a fan base. I cant think of a group of fans who have kept their dedication yet been treated to so little after the energy they have poured into their heros legend.

All that we have been excited about has been whipped away the Doc' etc and the fans got the blame for that? perhaps Alex was right maybe the fans are at fault! but I cant believe we are at fault constantly because I am sure some of that Doc' business was the fault of Peter or those closest to him or the project but I am damn sure we are not the real reason that we haven't seen it yet. This fan base has atracted some real fruit cakes who seem to either believe they are a musical genius OR are in it to try to create a fame for themselves what has been a constant with them is that they are mentaly fragile but they have damaged the fan base in the eyes of those who observe but at least members of the forums understand what their true intentions are.

Tito was right saying that when the freaks show up it gets interesting! but had we been treated like any other fan of a performer we might have had more to focus on than a few retarded individuals with questionable intentions.

KG's book will be the most interesting thing we are likely to see now and I have started to not care if I see/hear anything new because I have stopped believeing that his legacy will be handled better, in the end we have been able to use hindsight to workout where the faults are.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Tito you already know my thoughts on this , but these days I have resigned to keeping Randy and my admiration for him personal , I have wonderful ( and sad ) memories of the early 1980's and each time I listen to him I get taken back to that time and the excitement from reading magazine articles was all I had along with the release of "Tribute" .

I don't care anymore for all the speculation , hype , bullshit , freaky fandom , infighting that surrounds the legacy of Randy Rhoads .
I much rather focus and learn and get inspired by guitar players that are alive and well and releasing new material . I feel saddened by the way the Rhoads estate has been handled all these years as there was really only one chance to get it right and that chance has passed as far as I'm concerned .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

the FANS at fault?? What??

Its not like its been a year and a half and the fans would like some goods. It's been THIRTY F***ing YEARS.
And continually you see stories and interviews about the family stopping this, the family stopping that, ex-musicians throwing their 2 cents or not in, the Ozzy camp fumbling everything up from legacies to re-issues and more....
Give me a break. I've not seen any fans doing anything wrong, other than trying to keep his legacy alive and get products, movies, etc out and release. If anything, the fans are the only ones doing anything (and even thats dwindled a bit.....and no fault to fans...but its been a LONG time and people move on).

Again. No documentaries. No video footage. Etc. I've been changing my tune as of late and seeing that even though the Osbournes don't seem to be fulfulling their obligations to Randy, the family is even worse. Step the hell out of the way and get things out, released and available.
If anything, the way they "block" things when they don't like what they hear, is leading things down a dishonest road. Example : can you imagine if there was a "behind the music" type of thing (hypothetically speaking), and they covered "hooking up" with a girl, or "drinking" or anything. They'd try and block it. How is that an honest story?
If they want a real...true....honest bio, then they need to put everything in there. The good and the bad. As good as Randy seemed to be as a human being, i'm sure it would be mostly good anyway.
Shame on all parties involved. Its been 30 years people.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I am on the fence with caring. Yes, I care in that I would be thrilled to see/hear some new RR material (in good quality), after all I love his playing so why wouldn't I be excited!
I don't care enough to let the delays upset me and I do love what we have already.

As I always say, in recent years there has been Robert La Fond's excellent book memories and memoires of an aspiring Rhoads scholar, Rudy Sarzo's Off The Rails and also Kelly Garni's books coming soon 8)

Maybe it is time to resign ourselves to we may have what there is already.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Alex wrote:
Trigger wrote:
What I meant was that the overzealous fans ruined it for me — personally — especially those supporting and enforcing the Saint Randy image, turning it into a cult. And don't even get me started on the elitism surrounding it all.
I think that we have pretty much knocked that over saintly expectation on the head, when we opened UR the Observation of 'Saint Randy' was the common view, but one of the reasons I was keen to create UR was to let a more honest story be told.
When fans would get frozen out for asking about Randy's liason with Sharon or daring to question how randy's legacy was controled just annoyed the hell out of me because it promoted a stupid self serving dishonest image, and one which I can't imagine even Randy would have enjoyed.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

I also think it's very weak and dismal that there is'nt even an "official" Randy Rhoads web page that's maintained by the Rhoads estate and I'm not talking about a cheesy forum or Facebook page , I'm talking about a genuine Rhoads estate designed and maintained www website .. any "news" regarding anything to do with Randy gets passed around like a Chinese whisper .. it's pathetic !
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I FUCKIN' Care a WHOLE HELL OF A LOT!! I am so FUCKIN' Sick of all the negative shit about all the Randy stuff. People need to be positive!!! Remember Randy is in Heaven and is watching over all of this stuff. Be positive and FUCK all the negative spew that the negative Mother Fuckers spew out of their pathetic negative Mother Fucking mouths and Keep the FUCKIN' Faith!!! RANDY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!! SDMF
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i would think your a lil tired of all the holdups and crap thats been goin on for years?and just in case im not trying to spew anything negative...im stating reality on the situation.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Keep the FUCKIN' Faith Tito!!!! Not a negative toward you,just a positive toward the stuff we deserve!! Rock On Tito!!! :)
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I am not tired of any of the holdups, I am hoping for the best for us fans, and believe it will surface!!! Keep the Fuckin' Faith Bro!!!!!! :)