Were Randys Amps still used

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

Were Randys Amps still used

Post by DMRX »

I know that on the Diary tour at least,Bernie Thorme had used Randys pedleboard for at least that 1st show (because appearently his equiptment didnt arrive yet) But as Brad took over Was he still using Randys Amps???I havent watched to Video in a while,to notice the White Marshalls but ,just wondering?
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Re: Were Randys Amps still used

Post by Axeman1956 »

I havent seen Gillis using Randys stuff in any vids of him. Can you give me a link to that vid?
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

check this out axeman the audio is horrible but you can get a feel of brad on this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOrdys9-n0
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Oh, I've seen that vid many times. I just want the link to the vid where you can see white RR amps.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i think dave was saying hes wondering if brad ever used randys amps and in that vid i posted theres a couple of shots of brads rig so i dont think randys amps were used...i may be wrong though?
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Who knows. Anyway, is it true that Randys pedals are haunted? Bernie Torme Says so.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

thats probably a myth...i think he said he was using randys board and it started lighting up in different places etc...bad connections low batteries who knows...but youll never really know i guess lol....axeman how old are you btw?
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Tito, this will scare you (well it did me LOL) when Bernie did the masterclass at out guitar society he said that the pedals did things that was just weird and not possible through any simple malfunction etc.

Mind you RR would be a lovely ghost and not one to be feared

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

whoa thats crazy dude!!!!well you heard it from him so i stand corrected on that wow that is spooky matt!!!thanks!!!!
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

I'm 17. And I would to have Randy around me as a spirit. GIMME THOSE PEDALS!!!!!! I WANT TO BE IN RANDYS PRESENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

cool good to see randys influence on the younger generation!! keep rockin bro!!!!!!!!
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Yea! I play guitar, and just had my Epiphone modified too! Got Randy Styled pickups at a local guitar shop, switched the tuning dials from black to gold, and am currently having a friend paint it the colour of Randys LP. It'll look exactly like it once it's done. The only thing is it won't have RR on it nor Gibson. sigh... BUT ITS STILL FREKEN SWEET!
The One
Cool Member

Post by The One »

Tito wrote:i think dave was saying hes wondering if brad ever used randys amps and in that vid i posted theres a couple of shots of brads rig so i dont think randys amps were used...i may be wrong though?
I saw the DOAM tour with Gillis. He def. had his own rig on stage. Boogie Mark III's (I believe)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/4Stacks.jpg[/img]
slobberface

Post by slobberface »

I don't know about the amps for sure, but i'm gonna go ahead and say that he did not use Randy's amps. I have the issue of guitar world with the article where Bernie says that he had used Randy's pedals for a few shows but he doesn't say anything about the amps...and about the phantom pedals, personally i'm just not buying it...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Simple solution email Brad or Bernie and ask them if they used Randy's amps and 4X12's i'm sure they got shipped back to an address in the states prompt. I can remember reading a thread here about the photos taking of his guitars and other equipment before it was shipped ?. They came from Don Airey's and Tommy Aldridge's cameras and both of the sets of pics came out all strange and ghost like ???...