How would Randy react to the upcomming '80 shred era ?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sweet_Amber

Post by Sweet_Amber »

I think that Randy would have thought that Yngwie antd etc. would be intresting, but I don't thank that he would be doing anything like him :wink:
If you can't walk, then you definetly can't run!
heymanooh1

Post by heymanooh1 »

RR probably wouldn't be thinking about shred much 'cause he'd be too busy composing pieces for classical guitar. RR's mom said in an interview that RR was already planning to leave Ozzy after the Diary tour in order to pursue an advanced music degree at UCLA. Ozzy said to RR that he thought it was crazy because of the success but RR said that he felt he already got what he wanted out of it and needed to move on.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

i remember asking randy what he thought of alvin lee of ten years after. at the time 'going home' from the woodstock soundtrack was one of my favorites. he said that alvin lee was a great guitarist but his playing was too mechanical for him, and putting feeling into your playing was every bit as important as technical ability. one of his biggest influences was gary moore, i remember.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Randy's Reaction

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

A lot of great things came out of the 80's shred thing but some were not so good. If the purpose of shredding were only to play as fast as humanly possible then Randy probably would of wanted more dynamics. Scales played exceedingly fast do not make songs more dynamic since they simply pass you by before they have said anything at all...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I remember hearin Metallica's "Black" album and thinking, I te Randy would have approved of this record. To my ears, that album is when Metallica went from creating songs to creating music - which is wy it crossed over to the mass audience.

I also think he'd have liked Queensryche.
easter

Post by easter »

He would still be the king