Not GOOD News on the rereleased Blizzard & Diary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

oth
Mass Poster

Re: Not GOOD News on the rereleased Blizzard & Diary

Post by oth »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:I just sent her a message seconds ago and watched it posted and then taken off!

Another hallmark of the RR online world...bloody deletion (for no good reason!!!)

your post was deleted most likely cuz you included a website url.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I noticed my question has been posted up at Bob's site but it doesn't have a reply from him. This is strange as he is still replying to his facebook ?. Anyway this is what i've asked him and hopefully we will get a reply fron him shortly.

Hi Bob, After all the upset and court drama etc. I see the Osbournes have decided to re-release the first 2 Ozzy albums. I was curious to know if you have had any contact from the Osbournes in regard to the re-release of the Blizzard and Diary albums ?. I know that $haron Osbourne has mentioned in a press release that these will be coming out in a deluxe package with unseen footage of an early Ozzy gig with Randy Rhoads with extra tracks etc. So the originals will become available again or do you know any different Bob ?. Surely you and Lee, should be able to say if and when these albums can be used. You'll be entitled to your cut from these albums, now they've decided to leave your tracks untampered. Bob if you have any news could you share it with us please. I think they are now slightly delayed from coming out this year and will be coming out early next, hopefully !. Cheers
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

Hi shaun.
Just read this on bobs facebook its posted on the 1 of september:

Jon Magnificent Bob, some friends and I were just discussing Diary of a Madman and I wondered if you had a pristine version of the album that I could acquire.
Many of us regard it as a masterpiece, in its original form.
01 September at 07:18 · Flag
Bob Daisley Hi Jon, sorry I don't have any spare copies of the original, just one of my own from back then. The real McCoy should be re-released again soon, hopefully. Cheers mate, Bob.
01 September at 12:28 · 2 people ·
Jon Magnificent Thanks Bob. I am very much looking forward to that. I would love to have a 96k or better version of that.
01 September at 20:08 ·
Dave 'Maverick' Mitchell ‎@jon the originals are being re-released finally in nov!

not sure what to make of this.

It does seem bob is expecting the releases soon so cant be him against it.

jas.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

jasonmusicman wrote:Hi shaun.
Just read this on bobs facebook its posted on the 1 of september:

Jon Magnificent Bob, some friends and I were just discussing Diary of a Madman and I wondered if you had a pristine version of the album that I could acquire.
Many of us regard it as a masterpiece, in its original form.
01 September at 07:18 · Flag
Bob Daisley Hi Jon, sorry I don't have any spare copies of the original, just one of my own from back then. The real McCoy should be re-released again soon, hopefully. Cheers mate, Bob.
01 September at 12:28 · 2 people ·
Jon Magnificent Thanks Bob. I am very much looking forward to that. I would love to have a 96k or better version of that.
01 September at 20:08 ·
Dave 'Maverick' Mitchell ‎@jon the originals are being re-released finally in nov!

not sure what to make of this.

It does seem bob is expecting the releases soon so cant be him against it.

jas.
Well who has put the block on them ? It has to be someone who doesn't agree and thinks that this is just an Osbourne money spinner. I ask myself why would you decide to do this as an after thought. Erase the original and then say "hang on what have i done, I know we'll put the original back out". I know either the Rhoads are not happy or Bob & Lee are making sure that they 'won't get fooled again'. Which would be a very embarissing situation to be in for the second time. But Bob's reply isn't 100% 'hopefully'. We'll see what comes out in the wash
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Hi Bob, After all the upset and court drama etc. I see the Osbournes have decided to re-release the first 2 Ozzy albums. I was curious to know if you have had any contact from the Osbournes in regard to the re-release of the Blizzard and Diary albums ?. I know that $haron Osbourne has mentioned in a press release that these will be coming out in a deluxe package with unseen footage of an early Ozzy gig with Randy Rhoads with extra tracks etc. So the originals will become available again or do you know any different Bob ?. Surely you and Lee, should be able to say if and when these albums can be used. You'll be entitled to your cut from these albums, now they've decided to leave your tracks untampered. Bob if you have any news could you share it with us please. I think they are now slightly delayed from coming out this year and will be coming out early next, hopefully !. Cheers
Bob's reply..... :lol:

Hi Shaun, I'm not sure when the originals will be re-released, they have been postponed but I'm not sure as to when. Yes, Lee and I should be paid this time so hopefully negotiations will sort things out and get them moving. Nothing's definite at this stage though, so we'll all have to wait and see. I sincerely hope it's all remedied for the sake of the music, the record-buying fans and of course fair payment for Lee and me. Cheers and all the best, Bob.
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

Well that answers that question. well done shaun on getting that info.
I cant see the rhoads having any real say in the re-releases, they never stopped the osbournes the first time so why stop them now. I feel it has something to do with the footage. The osbournes know that the sale of the 2 records alone aint enough. the footage is the key to the money making from this venture, thats my thoughts.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Don't forget about the studio banter that's to be released with the albums. Delores knows Randy was a perfectionist, so she may not like the fact that Ozzy is releasing stuff that Randy may not have approved of. (Such as him messing up doing something, or messing around)
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

Cryptic Night wrote:Don't forget about the studio banter that's to be released with the albums. Delores knows Randy was a perfectionist, so she may not like the fact that Ozzy is releasing stuff that Randy may not have approved of. (Such as him messing up doing something, or messing around)
Again though ozzy did that on tribute with dee, randy makes many mistakes on that getting to the final version. hopefully we'll hear something from the osbournes soon.
David

Post by David »

Honestly, it has been said a million times but this whole thing is a mess. Poor management on Sharon's part. I can go on for days complaining on how bad the project is going but I rather not. They act as if this is Top Secret material for Pete's sake! And the weird part is that Ozzy is discussing about 40th anniversary of Paranoid. And there is a small mention about the Blizzard of Ozz album. But as to what he'll talk about, I don't know

http://www.bravewords.com/news/146196

Singer OZZY OSBOURNE will be guest on In The Studio - The Stories Behind History's Greatest Rock Bands - during the week of September 13th. He will be discussing the 40th Anniversary of BLACK SABBATH's legendary Paranoid album with professional radio broadcaster and rock musician interviewer Redbeard.

Check out a preview at this location (left-hand side - scroll down).

More details on In The Studio can be found at Inthestudio.net.

Ozzy will be back on In The Studio in October to talk about the 30th anniversary of his highly-regarded solo debut, Blizzard Of Ozz which introduced the world to guitar icon Randy Rhoads.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

jasonmusicman wrote:Again though ozzy did that on tribute with dee, randy makes many mistakes on that getting to the final version. hopefully we'll hear something from the osbournes soon.
If I remember correctly, it took a LOT of work to convince Delores to let Ozzy use that.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

I have said it before, I will say it again, Ozzy/$haron DOES owe us this material. Yes, they OWE it to us. The people who BOUGHT the albums, BOUGHT the concert tickets and t-shirts and merchandise, who made them very wealthy. We HAVE done something for them, and I think it is COMPLETELY fair for us to say....look, we have supported you, and made you very rich. Now give us what we DESERVE, the material that we all want to hear from the guitar player that MADE your solo career.

If it is the Rhoads holding this up, I can understand that completely, and I certainly cannot hold it against them. But I do not believe they would. I think it's $haron not wanting to kick out any money to Bob and Lee. The only solution is to completely stop supporting ANYTHING they do, stop purchasing albums, tickets, merch, any of it to let them know that the greed is not acceptable. Of course there arent nearly enough Randy fans to be effective in that. But it is the only thing that would work.

I'm sorry if this sounds belligerent, I dont mean to be, but the reality is that it ISNT fair for this material to be kept from us.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Well,I seem to remember an interview w/Ozzy from earlier in this year where he said "I actually just saw Mrs.Rhoads about a week ago ,fror "Something or other" She is Very Old now" So Personally I think that either.this same interview where Ozzy said he was pissed when he learned of the ReRecordings.
A-The Osbournes had Contacted her about the Release of the 30th Anniversary releases (Bonus tracks & Video)

or (my feeling)
B- Mrs.Rhoads Contacted the Osbournes about releasing "Something" (that she otherwise wouldnt allow) After the Whole Movie Fiasco,& she probably feels Embarassed by Getting the Fans So,So,So excited & worked up to only get strung along for now almost 4 years.So even though its against her heart to release "material that Randy hadnt approved of,being such a perfectionist" She wants or feels obligated to deliver to the fans.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Dave you must go to bed with your head buzzing and only IF... We can speculate 'til the cows come home. We can bang our heads against a brick wall. But we cannot come up with any answers saying "Well this is what i think..." That's why i went straight to the man who i could get a positive answer from. I still think Bob is holding out on us. Because if these don't come out he'll be the first to get boooed off. All we can do now is sit tight and wait for something to be released by the press. Or hopefully Bob or the Rhoads may mention something. Does anyone fancy asking Lee Kerslake if he has anything to add ?. Matt Ian ?...
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah,yeah Ive been waiting so long,but all Bob would know is that the Are or Arnt being released,its not like theyre gonna call him and be like...um Bobby just callig to let you know theyll be out on the 18th.If (and it seems so now ) he has come to some kinda agreement thats as far as he would be involved.