A little something frome my book

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

krgarni
Cool Member

A little something frome my book

Post by krgarni »

Here is a photo, one of many never before seen. This would be a 15 year old Randy, when we played at Rodney's club in Hollywood . Part of the book's forward:

"If you bought this book to learn how to play guitar like Randy, you bought the wrong book. Unless of course, you believe that who you are as a person, makes you what you are as a player. In this book, you learn WHO Randy was, as a person. If that somehow makes you a better player, then great. I accomplished more than what I set out to do. This book is about two kids with a dream, and how we went about trying to achive it. And the many people we met along the way."

The interview I had with Smokey and his partner E.J was incredible. As have been all the other people I've spoken with. Hope you all enjoy! Please share this with our friends at Facebook
Attachments
randy postable.jpg
AceVader
Cool Member

Re: A little something frome my book

Post by AceVader »

Wow!!!! Thanks for sharing this! He's so young. If I hadnt seen this here, I wouldnt even have been sure it was Randy. Thank you for posting this, Mr. Garni!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

my brother that is a beautiful forward man!!!!!!!i cant wait to get my hands on your book!!!!!thank you so much for everything you do for randy!!!!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Dude,Thanks Kelly!!!!!!! That is Just So,....So Damn Awsome!!It looks as if mabey he still has a little Baby Fat in the Face:) I cant believe how Toned his damn arms were even then!

I thank you & really cant wait to get your book,& what A Great Concept,to write it about Two Kids w/a Dream because as you left QR & persued your Medic career,Im sure that experience really gave your life a New Found Perspective & had to feel Good,then to Watch your Closest friend Go on to reach Greater Heights than he ever could have imagined,man Ozzy had to be a Culture Shock for Randy & he Grew up Really Quick & became the Guitar Hero you & himself Prolly Always Knew he Would.

I Just cant wait to read it for myself,& I am sure it will give me even More respect for Randy than I already have (if you could Imagine that)! I am really looking forward to reading about The times & how damn different it was & what you guys did besides playing Music!! Ive read All the Interviews & Books ect.ect. & I really cant wait to hear your take on it.

I Just Noticed,Randys Got Eyeliner or Mascerra on,thats prob what makes him look so Babyfaced.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Thanks cool , look foward to yer book.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Excellent. I can't wait to order this book. I can't begin to imagine the never before seen pictures & memorabilia that will be included. If this first picture is anything to go by then I will be pleased....
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Outstanding Kelly! A super find indeed... 8)
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx for the update Kelly! Nice photo!
I think with all that other postphoned (cancelled?) crap going on right now your book is the thing now the common Randy fan (without $$$$ to spend... ) can look forward too, kudos! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Tito wrote:my brother that is a beautiful forward man!!!!!!!
Agree completely 8) 8)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Thanks! Killer pic. Can't wait for the book. Please keep us up to date.
Livewire8195

Post by Livewire8195 »

Thats so cool! Looking forward to the book!

Just noticed his pinky. Not gonna lie, thats nasty looking.
myhero

Post by myhero »

Thanks Kelly, i'm looking forward to the book.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Kelly that's a great photo cheers. You know when you went to see Randy with Ozzy in concert. I think i remember you saying that you went with your then girlfriend and watched the gig from the wings off stage. Did you take any photos of that nights gig ?.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Thanks! Have to say that is a very nice photo, most rock'n'roll photos are out of focus, grainy, badly composed, you know the drill :wink:

But thats classic, loving the depth of field and highlights in the background! My hats off to the photographer 8) Reminds me of the cinematography in early Scorsese films

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Is it just my eyes or can i seen RANDY wrote across his vest ?.