BOO & DOAM in 2011

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

David

BOO & DOAM in 2011

Post by David »

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but the Blizzard of Ozz and DOAM re-issues will be bumped until next year

http://www.bravewords.com/news/145398

I wonder if it applies to the RR footage also
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Re: BOO & DOAM in 2011

Post by Axeman1956 »

WTF!!! Why are they delaying it to 31 years!?!?!?.. lol. I hope it isn't true because I can just hear the sound of Randy's guitar in my ears.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

For allah sake! , why dont they ever give us what we deserve...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

David wrote:I wonder if it applies to the RR footage also
+1 .....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Jazznroll wrote:For allah sake! , why dont they ever give us what we deserve...
LOL! That made me smile...

This was at tk recently :fish: . I know it seems disappointing (if it is definitely true), but we always knew it was going to be a rocky ride. We still have all the boots for now and two great studio albums with Ozzy, The Tribute and the QR stuff too!

Also to be as optimistic as Ed Wood; we can all have something to speculate over for longer; that's positive!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:cry: I wonder what "issues" are behind this... it always seems to be the same thing; first huge hype and then the downfall... Sigh. Wish they still get them released...meanwhile the originals will do, as always!
Mikel
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Jazznroll wrote:For allah sake! , why dont they ever give us what we deserve...
This is probably going to sound offensive, but I feel that it needs to be said.

We fans don't deserve ANYTHING. To even think that we SHOULD get something from the Osbournes is ridiculous. They aren't releasing this stuff to the fans because they feel we deserve it, they are releasing it to carry Randy's name on, and to fatten up their wallets.

So just keep that in mind, and I'm sorry if I offended you.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Sorry to disagree, but the Osbournes owe us proper, original releases of Blizzard and Diary.
Please don't point out the 95 remasters as they are out of print.
As I've said before, as it stands right now, no one can walk into a store and buy a copy of any of the four albums Randy participated in, in their original form.
I think the fans deserve that much. Even Ozzy agrees, as he threw his wife under the bus and acting as though he just found out about this eight year old debacle.

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

I too feel that they OWE us whatever they have of Randy. If Mrs. Rhoads or the rest of the family is strongly against something being released then I am much more sympathetic to that. However, let's be real, it is people like US that have purchased albums and concert tickets that kept Ozzy a wealthy man. He owes everything he HAS to people like us, in a sense.

It isnt like we are asking him for his life's blood. We want to hear more of the best guitar player that ever lived. He can, and SHOULD, do that for the people that made him wealthy.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

We're keepin randy alive imo , we're buying the stuff, we're always searchin' for new stuff, i bet the o$bournes dont have half of the bootlegs we 'av , also rippin us off the other decade with those 'remasters' means their in debt to us .. Cheers
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

AceVader wrote:I too feel that they OWE us whatever they have of Randy. If Mrs. Rhoads or the rest of the family is strongly against something being released then I am much more sympathetic to that. However, let's be real, it is people like US that have purchased albums and concert tickets that kept Ozzy a wealthy man. He owes everything he HAS to people like us, in a sense.

It isnt like we are asking him for his life's blood. We want to hear more of the best guitar player that ever lived. He can, and SHOULD, do that for the people that made him wealthy.
Why do they owe us those things?

Let's say you make a mean hamburger. The meanest in fact; lots of people enjoy your hamburger. Are you somehow obligated to make hamburgers for other people as a consequence of your making an enjoyable hamburger?

The Osbourne's ought to have the freedom to act in whatever manner they see fit. You and I are free to judge them by that behavior, for example: replacing Bob and Lee on the remasters was a lowly gutless thing to do that's indicative of the O$bourne's singular concern, or, the Osbourne's re-release of BOO an DOAM with the original line-up restored and extras included for die-hard fans shows that preserving their (and Randy's) legacy is very much on their mind, and that they are cognizant of and sincerely interested in appealing to their fans. Either of those is a fair reaction. Unfair, however, is to feel that the Osbourne's are somehow obligated to release material that is theirs, because we fans would like it.

That's really just silly. We aren't entitled to it.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Yup. Having the albums restored is the real deal here. Sure I'd like all of the other bells and whistles, but all of that is only gravy on top of the real meat and potatoes, which are the original Blizzard and Diary.

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!