I hink it was mentioned,but pretty Interesting

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

David

Re: I hink it was mentioned,but pretty Interesting

Post by David »

Gus wrote: - Concert footage in recent years is being released 29 years after it was filmed. eg. Lez Zep, Lynyrd Skynyrd. Dunno why-maybe something to do with copyright and legal.

I have to agree with that part
because look what Bob Daisley has found :P
http://www.bravewords.com/news/145246

It is studio footage of Rainbow performing L.A. Connection, Long live Rock n Roll and Gates of Babylon.
Great quality too!
Makes you wonder if he happens to have RR quality material this good
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

The classic Rainbow line up! 8)
Yes, stuff sometimes stays for decades in a vault.
And I think (know! :P ) the O's are sitting on lots of Randy stuff. But the won't put it out without approval from the Rhoads. Also recently Kelle Rhoads said that 20 years ago would be too early. :wink:
But if we ever got to see it all is another thing....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

whoopiecat wrote:What about Van Halen from the Oakland show in 1981? We've seen 'Unchained', 'So This Is Love?' and 'Hear About It Later' on MTV way back in the day, but the band has yet to release it in it's entirety.
The crew was present for both shows, but those three songs are claimed to be all there is?
Same goes for Jimmy Page sitting on all of the footage he had that wound up on the Zeppelin DVD in '03, as well as the volumes of Kissology.
Seems most big bands sit on lots of vault material as the years roll by. Plus, it really could be the matter of different people holding the rights to Randy's name, likeness, publishing, etc...

T.
Whoopiecat, would love to see that entire '81 Oakland show 8) . They did those 3 songs so damn well-the rest would have to be great too. Hey, there's also a '79 show that was filmed, but the same deal...only 3 songs shown on TV.
The Flying Dutchman wrote:The classic Rainbow line up! 8)
Yes, stuff sometimes stays for decades in a vault.
And I think (know! :P ) the O's are sitting on lots of Randy stuff. But the won't put it out without approval from the Rhoads. Also recently Kelle Rhoads said that 20 years ago would be too early. :wink:
But if we ever got to see it all is another thing....
I wait in hope, Dutchman!!! :)
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!I wish we could know what the story is,The Original Blizzard Line up was ,well......the Original Blizzard lineup.....lol
Dont get me wrong,Tommy & Rudy are great but,the chemestry of the Blizzard isnt the same w/o the 4 of them.Tommy did alot of cool "Flashy stuff" but Lee did it w/one Bass Drum & Bob Used a Pick.