What would you ask Ozzy? I may be able to have it answered.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AceVader
Cool Member

What would you ask Ozzy? I may be able to have it answered.

Post by AceVader »

First post from a long time lurker. I've been a giant fan of Randy's playing since I started playing guitar more than 15 years ago and I would love to hear anything new we can get our hands on.

Anyway, I signed up to ask you guys what you would ask Ozzy. I have a friend who has a chance to interview him TOMORROW (8/5/10). If she feels they are good questions then she would be willing to ask them, probably one or 2 questions max since her time is limited, and it is a phone interview. I've asked her if she could maybe ask him about the upcoming footage that is going to be released since there seems to be so much confusion on it, she said she very well might. I admit, however, I am not as up to speed as most of you guys are since I only check in here on occassion.

If there's anything specific you'd like me to ask her to ask the Ozzman, post it here before the interview tomorrow evening (I dont know the exact time, should be evening EST) and I will try.

This isnt B.S., by the way. She works for a local paper, she is super excited to get to interview him, but she has only a vague idea of who Randy was so without me asking her to ask him she wouldnt even have thought about asking him anything regarding the supposed upcoming footage.
matt21

Re: What would you ask Ozzy? I may be able to have it answer

Post by matt21 »

Probably something about how the box set will be packaged and priced
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Welcome aboard AceVader! 8)

I think I would ask Ozzy if I can help him to check his vault for footage he maybe 'forget' about.
After that I probably wish him good luck with his career and tell him to get the stuff released because fans are dying out there. :wink: :lol:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

I would ask if the 2002 "reblasters" will be taken off of the market, once the 30th anniversary versions are released? Although he has already claimed ignorance, I would ask again if he has any regrets for having released the 2002 versions.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

how many minutes of randy footage will be released...the other film on randy sharon mentioned..how much audio w the band interacting with each other,thanks in advance ace!!lmao @matt!!!!!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Here goes

You recorded the the Southampton 1980 show and used part of it for the Mr Crowley EP and two other tracks on the 'Tribute' live album, would you consider releasing the entire Southampton show in the future as a live album.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Ask him where it was filmed maybe?... Cheers
Solos

Post by Solos »

I would ask about the upcoming Randy footage slated to be in the box set, and if any of the three films mentioned in prior interviews is a whole continuous show from the tour. As a follow up, I would ask if the footage in question is proshot or was it recorded from the audience (a bootleg donated by a fan that attended the show).

That should get to bottom of what is going to be made available...
Livewire8195

Post by Livewire8195 »

Just ask about the footage. Thats the main thing everyone wants to know about.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

If you could ask him if he is planning on doing anymore gigs in the UK as his mini tour just wasn't enough and i'm fucked if i'm traveling down to London to see him.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Livewire8195 wrote:Just ask about the footage. Thats the main thing everyone wants to know about.

This is what I was thinking but I'm not sure EXACTLY what to tell her to ask, since there may be some details released about the box set that I am not aware of and I dont want to suggest a question that would be redundant. Something specific, like what Solos and Trigger suggested, is pretty much what I need. I may ask her to ask exactly that. No guarantees of course, but she might, especially if she has time. Im not sure exactly what this entails, I just know it's a phone interview and she texted me about it because she was so excited.

Appreciate the suggestions, gents. I found out the interview takes place at 4 p.m. EST tomorrow.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well if you ask him like this i think it'll work.
The internet Ozzy forums, chat rooms are all buzzing about this Live DVD from your Blizzard days with Randy Rhoads. It has been mentioned many times that no Live footage ever exsisted of the early band. So this is going to be like the second coming for all the Randy Rhoads fans. Do you have anymore details and how much of this will be included in the rereleased Blizzard/Diary box set. ....Do you have any clues to where this gig was filmed which venue or town.

If this question is anything like the video interview. When Ozzy just put all the questions directed at him, then bounced them back to $haron. He'll either know or he'll be totaly oblivious.
David

Post by David »

I given it some thought and I considered two questions.

1. There has been some talk about the 30th anniversary re-issues of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman. Do you have any set release date and information on the contents that will be included in the box set?

2. You mentioned how you recently discovered more than 2 shows during your early solo career with Randy Rhoads. Do you know as to where these shows were filmed as well as during what tour they were recorded?

The first is pretty much a general question and the latter goes more in-depth about the Randy Rhoads footage. They are both what most of us have in mind. But I'll be happy if at least one of these questions are mentioned :)
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

David wrote:I given it some thought and I considered two questions.

1. There has been some talk about the 30th anniversary re-issues of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman. Do you have any set release date and information on the contents that will be included in the box set? Don't ask this one. November, Thanksgiving time. Footage, Original CD's, (For the deluxe) T-shirt, picks, etc.

2. You mentioned how you recently discovered more than 2 shows during your early solo career with Randy Rhoads. Do you know as to where these shows were filmed as well as during what tour they were recorded? One of those (Or 2) Are the Palladium New York shows at the start of the US BOO Tour. He has practically confirmed it. Don't waste this either. (I would assume the other "show" would be ET)

The first is pretty much a general question and the latter goes more in-depth about the Randy Rhoads footage. They are both what most of us have in mind. But I'll be happy if at least one of these questions are mentioned :)

My question would be "Would you ever be willing to reunite with Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake/Tommy Aldridge to do a reunion tour?" It's not "Footage" related, but that's something I would like to know. I'm pretty sure Bob's stated he'd work with Ozzy again. (If he was paid upfront)
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Question to Ozzy: Will you ever do a concept album and tour with it like on the scale of a Diary fo a Madman; complete with castle and little people?

Hey you all already asked the good ones... :D
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...