I'm confused on this...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Honey

I'm confused on this...

Post by Honey »

Not that it is any of my business, but I was under the impression that Randy was in a very commited and deep relationship with a woman named Jodi. I came across this article last night:

"After the marriage break-up, Heidi recalls her mother quickly falling in love with Randy Rhoads, a 25-year-old guitarist with Black Sabbath. "I was so in awe of him,' she says. "He was tall and very good looking. My mother was giddy with happiness when he was around." On March 19, 1982, six months after they met, Randy was killed in a plane crash in Florida. It was then, Heidi says, that her mother's binge drinking became more destructive. "She cried uncontrollably and constantly. I was a kid and didn't know what to do.
"A couple of times I had to call an ambulance because her eyes glazed over and she was unresponsive. Mum just couldn't cope. I don't think she ever got over Randy's death. One of my aunts flew over from America to look after us." (Heidi Hines)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... oupie.html

So which one was he dating? It's Jodi at the memorials and stuff, right?
If You Want To Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans

Honey
stlrox

Re: I'm confused on this...

Post by stlrox »

Um...

First Randy was not tall..Second he didn't play in Black Sabbath...sounds like this person had a few too many and got their nights with Tony Iommi and RR mixed up.. :roll:
stlrox

Post by stlrox »

Hmm...amazing how these things pop up after so long...never heard anything about this at all... Saw this also:
Yet it was by no means the end of her startling love life ? or the tragedies that came in its wake. By 1981 she'd met, Randy Rhoads, Ozzy Osbourne's 25-year-old guitarist, who was rehearsing at a studio a few minutes away from Yew Corner.
The couple planned to set up home in California, but within six months Randy was killed in a plane crash. Once more Jo Jo turned to drink.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z0vZ17I3ZJ
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well if we believe in rumours did Randy not jump into bed with $haron O ?. So if that has anything to go by i'm sure he wouldn't of turned down the chance to bed some gorgeous honey. I know it has been mentioned that Randy shyed away from groupies and has been interviewed saying he wouldn't be able to 'face the music afterwards'. But he was very much alone for a long enough time to have an affair. When stories like these do come to light it makes you think would Randy of been unfaithful to Jodi. I know he requested her to be flown into the UK on more then one occasion while recording the albums ?. It does make you think if our angelic Randy was 'Randy' in more ways then one ?.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Randy was a young man with a young man's needs. Speaking from personal experience, I left the USA in October of 87 to serve aboard the USS Midway, which was home ported out of Yokosuka, Japan. I did not return home until December of '88 for a month's leave with my family for the holidays, back again until I returned to the States for good in January of '90.
There were a half dozen times within that whole period where I got a hotel room and some female companionship for the evening.
Nothing I'm proud of. Again, a young man with a young man's needs.
It happens...people get lonely, people are human and so wasn't Randy. I'm pretty sure Jodi had to know a lot of ladies coveted her man just in the L.A. area alone. Since joining Ozzy, that figure had to multiply.
I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to, but shit does happen... leave not only your home, but your home country for a year or more.
Sure it makes you stronger, but it's also easier to have a moment or two of weakness as well.

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I am sure the young man sausaged some young maidens on his travels :) :)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:I am sure the young man sausaged some young maidens on his travels :) :)
LMAO!!!!!!!!! :shock:
stlrox

Post by stlrox »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:I am sure the young man sausaged some young maidens on his travels :) :)

Very well put indeed ! :P
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

whoopiecat wrote:There were a half dozen times within that whole period where I got a hotel room and some female companionship for the evening.
Nothing I'm proud of. Again, a young man with a young man's needs.

T.
So you were dissapointed more then 6 times. It didn't stop you going back for more Eh! Tom :wink: Your pride has left the building LOL!! Nicely put !!!
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Even in that "movie" trailer there was the piece where they were talkin about Randy bangin' that chick from the Runaways ...
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

our friend (cannot reveal his name for obvious reasons) said when on tour in Italy, the girls were so damn persistent! One girl kept following him around from gig to gig and he shrugged her gazes off and thought of his long term girl friend. After the last gig, absolutely knackered, he went to the hotel bar after the performance, which he thought was completely empty. He just needed to chill and get his head clear....Anyway, there she was at the bar with a drink smiling at him in the semi dark. He thought "oh shit"

I said, "how did you fight her of?" he just replied "I didn't"

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I'll tell you what Shaun, Some of my shipmates truly thought I was gay, as six times in two years is monk-like behavior in the eyes of the USN! :lol:
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

Got some good news on the book today. There may be more to this thing than just words and pictures. All I can say for now, is my hopes are up greatly. The book will be done on my end by Dec. And then it's in the hands of the publishers. This book will be qite nice with lots of "extras", not a huge profit margin in it for me, but for you fans, it will be a work of art. In Dec. I go to Afganistan to F.O.B.'s to finish my movie I've already started filming. So The book MUST be done by then. I won't let you all down.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

sweet!!!!!!thank you man!!!!!!!!cant wait for the book and be careful out there dude!!!