Update on book.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

krgarni
Cool Member

Update on book.

Post by krgarni »

Okay, last time, I first posted on Facebook any news of my book. This time, I'm here first. I have just returned from a trip on another project I'm working on. I just got back from a stint aboard the U.S.S. Carl Vinson aircraft carrier where I was out at sea for 4 days. Please let me take a moment here to thank the crew, and in particular, the media department aboard the ship. It was an incredible experience that truely gave me a new appreciation for those in the military. It is quite a sacrafice these men and women make, so to all military people, past and present, I give you my profound thanks. For four days I had to live like them, and do as they do. Big time eye opener. I'll post pictures very soon on my Facebook. It was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had in my life.
As for the book, now that I am home, and getting over a terrible flu that seems to be always be a reluctant reminder of a visit to Califonia, it's time to get back to writing. While I do have other projects ongoing, (including a 30 day "visit" to Afganistan in December) this book is number one priority. I will do everything I can to get it out on the projected release date of March 2011. I know I will have my end of it completed by then. In fact, well ahead of schedule. Upon returning home, I had a nice surprise waiting for me, one I was expecting actually. I got 150+ rolls of film shot during a very formitive time in me and Randy's life. This is one rock that the so called "Doc" didn't uncover. And, I have more coming from other people who will only deal with me.
krgarni
Cool Member

Re: Update on book.

Post by krgarni »

Geeze. I'm either long winded, or this thing doesn't give me enough room to post. Not a bash on the mods, you guys are great! But, while I don't post often, when I do, I gotta alot to say! Looking at these pictures, I see two very happy boys, on the way to doing what they dreamed about and plotted for in great detail. A definate timewarp for me. I suspected these photos existed, and, after investigating on my own, I was able to get to these people. And, much to my surprise, there was WAY more than I expected. Damn! 150 rolls?!?! I thought this project might be easier than I thought, it was just a memoir in print of a life I led so long ago. We all have a history. But to sit down and write it, giving out very personal information, including very personal recolections of those who were around us, well, it's not so easy. First you have to get people to open up to you. That's not the hard part, really. These people know me, so they open up to me. We are all still friends and family. And they back me 100%. I'm only telling the truth. No one can deny the truth, unless you're twisted. Any names come to mind? All of my communications thru emails were comprimised with the U.S. Navy by certain individules and proof of that has been turned over to Navy Itelligence.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Wow ,its like that Sailor Gig the QR Managment had for you has come Full Circle in a Crazy assed way,such is Life!!!!
Thanks Kelly
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

Man...... I guess I'l never get over that sailor suit they MADE me wear. I will say this a hundred times if I have to. THEY MADE ME DO IT! THEY MADE ME DO IT! At least now, I can say I was a real sailor, if only for 4 days. I saw an interesting thing on Facebook today, a certain former member has put out a tin cup on a street corner to raise money for a documentary on Quiet Riot. I may only have 2 dollars in my wallet. But you'll never see me go that route. Quite sad and pathetic really. I have gone out and done Randy tribute shows here and there, but I will not do those anymore. Same goes for Kelle R. But when all was said, done and played, we usually ended up with as much as I have in my wallet now. The whiskey shows we got zero. I'm sure not going back to that dump. Or the people who "organzized" those shows. Lights out. Good checking in with you all.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hello Kelly its nice to hear from you and very interesting tot read what you have been up to, give my love to Rhoads family.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Thanks for the update Kelly.
I'm sure you know we all appreciate your work on this book. Lets hope you can find a way of including tons of your rare pics & memorabilia to make this book extra special.
Can't wait to see the layout & be knocked out by the never before seen stuff...
Cheers!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx for the update Kelly, looking forward for the book! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

Hi Kelly,

Maybe you should consider putting out a big coffee table picture book on the early life of RR? If you have that many new unpublished photos, might be a thought....
Honey

Post by Honey »

krgarni wrote:Man...... I guess I'l never get over that sailor suit they MADE me wear. I will say this a hundred times if I have to. THEY MADE ME DO IT! THEY MADE ME DO IT! At least now, I can say I was a real sailor, if only for 4 days. I saw an interesting thing on Facebook today, a certain former member has put out a tin cup on a street corner to raise money for a documentary on Quiet Riot. I may only have 2 dollars in my wallet. But you'll never see me go that route. Quite sad and pathetic really. I have gone out and done Randy tribute shows here and there, but I will not do those anymore. Same goes for Kelle R. But when all was said, done and played, we usually ended up with as much as I have in my wallet now. The whiskey shows we got zero. I'm sure not going back to that dump. Or the people who "organzized" those shows. Lights out. Good checking in with you all.

Kelly,

A man is never so handsome as he is in military duds. Especially, Navy Sailor Attire and Dress Blues. Requesting at least one pic, please. :D
If You Want To Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans

Honey
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

great news kelly thanks so much dude!!
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

This is fantastic news. I can't wait to see thsi book come to fruition. What a stroke of luck to have come across 150 rolls of film! I'm sure there will be some amazing and candid shots in there. Thanks again, Kelly.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

This is great news, i look forward to this.
Also what a geezer to actually talk to the fans, i respect that. Cheers
The One
Cool Member

Post by The One »

krgarni wrote: I saw an interesting thing on Facebook today, a certain former member has put out a tin cup on a street corner to raise money for a documentary on Quiet Riot.
Are you referring to Frankie?
krgarni wrote: I may only have 2 dollars in my wallet. But you'll never see me go that route. Quite sad and pathetic really.
Maybe he can sell some QR memorabilia online. :lol:
krgarni wrote:I have gone out and done Randy tribute shows here and there, but I will not do those anymore. Same goes for Kelle R. But when all was said, done and played, we usually ended up with as much as I have in my wallet now. The whiskey shows we got zero. I'm sure not going back to that dump. Or the people who "organzized" those shows. Lights out. Good checking in with you all.
So, the point of doing the "Tribute" shows was based on making money?

Shouldn't the money that was raised have gone to the Randy Rhoads Scholarship fund and not in the pockets of the participants? (Just curious...) :wink:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/4Stacks.jpg[/img]
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

Hi Mr. One. There was never any money that went or was ever given to the scholorship fund. To my knowledge. All I ever heard was how pissed they were that they hadn't sold enough tickets, I wasn't involved in that part of things. It's really not my business anyway. I was there for the same reason as Kelle Rhoads, for Randy. The last show I did, I drove from Las Vegas to Hollywood, went on stage, did one song, got in my car, and drove all the way home. I did it only to support Kelle and the family, and be there for Randy (Rhoads). And, never expected a dime. I didn't care. As to your last comment about selling stuff on line, I've never done that. I did sell a DVD which I believed was worth the price because it contained cool pictures and a portion of a never before heard tape, pre QR. And limited to 100 copies. I won't take your rather pointed words as any attack on me. I did find it sad though, that when Kevin put up the real McCoys on E-BAY for collectors, he got a ton of shit for it, and, eventually yanked it down. IF, I did ever sell anything, it would be of course the real thing. That way you guys don't have to waste time figureing out if it's real or not. Old Rockstars are not made of money. I'm always surprised to hear that many people think I'm rich. Ha! It's only Wednesday and I've been to the pawn shop twice this week. (Rent's due. Ummm 2 weeks ago). Kevin was unfairly villified 'cause like me, sometimes you need a few extra bucks. And, instead of beating the pavement in 105 degrees, looking for a job. I sit home and write a book. For all of you. Then you will have every question you ever wanted to know, answered about Randy. Look for me to drop off the face of the earth when I'm done. Oh! My personal customer service department would like to know if I have answered your questions satisfactory.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

AWSOME KELLY!!!!!!! Can we have a little mor info on theese 150 rolls of film?!?!?!!!!!
Thats alot,you being a photographer know all too well.Who took them??I am assuming a "professional" photgrapher,or a Girl friend/fan of yous to have that much film???
This was the "English Disco" era I take it before QR???

Thanks DaviD