My trip to Musonia with Photos

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

My trip to Musonia with Photos

Post by Silver Rhoads »

I just got back from a visit to Musonia. My wife and I were there June 11 ... a day after my birthday. It was an awesome experience. Kelle Rhoads was so cool. I took around 50 photos, but for the sake of time and space, I posted what I thought were the best ones. I wasn't sure which area this thread should have gone, so the mods can move it if they have to.
Last edited by Silver Rhoads on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Denson

Re: My trip to Musonia with Photos

Post by David Denson »

Thanks for sharing this with us. Those pictures are great! This helps people like myself who may never be able to make a visit out to Burbank to Musonia, get a view and feel of the place.

Thanks again!
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

These are the best pictures I've ever seen of Musonia. The sign on the side of the building (colored green) is something I've never seen before...
Attachments
Musonia Sign.jpg
(18.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by RR-ElectricAngel on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Glad you guys like the photos! A couple here and there were blurry, but it was because I was a little nervous and not completely paying attention to my camera settings.

I like that sign on the side too. It's a neon sign and it seems to be falling apart over all these years.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Great photo's, thnx! 8)
Sounds you had a good time there!
You already tried the 'wine'? :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Awesome pictures. Unfortunately, they just make me want to visit even worse now. I'll get out there one of these days, the sooner the better.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Great photo's, thnx! 8)
Sounds you had a good time there!
You already tried the 'wine'? :P
I tried D'Argenzio's Gewurtztraminer wine. It's a white wine that is somewhat sweet, but bit less so than Riesling. My wife and I love wine just as much as beer. I've been meaning to try the D'Argenzio wines, but didn't see it distributed in my area. I could have it shipped, but I'm not crazy about paying for shipping and then having to wait to open the bottles because of bottle shock from shipping.

It was a hell of a time at Musonia. I have to say that Kelle makes an AMAZING tour guide because he speaks so well. I can't explain it, but has a way about him that makes you enjoy yourself there. I don't know how he can do that all of the time and stay upbeat, but he does. Kelly Garni and Jay Banbury were there the day before. I had just missed them and it would have been cool to have all three there at once.

He wanted me to ask questions and I was thinking to myself, "What do I ask that I don't already know?" So, we basically just had a normal conversation about everything in general. I purchased his two CDs. On his first CD, Portraits of Oblivion, he said he was most proud of the song, 6th Dance of Death. I took a liking to, All the Vicious Clowns. It's very moody. Did anyone know that on the first CD, he has a small piece of Randy playing blues? I believe it's from that party tape.
Last edited by Silver Rhoads on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Silver Rhoads wrote:Did anyone know that on the first CD, he has a small piece of Randy playing blues? I believe it's from that party tape.
He mentioned that on an interview not too long ago. He didn't mention it in public until someone recognized the guitar work and asked him about it.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Awsome!!!Thanks for giving the Tour So Nice & respectfull tour.Ive seen alot of peoplles Musconia pics & yours were set up in a way it was really like being there!! Cool
:D
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

You lucky get , one of these years im gonna go to there.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Great Pics!! Thanks!