Breaking News-Randy Rhoads book in the works!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Jay Banbury

Breaking News-Randy Rhoads book in the works!

Post by Jay Banbury »

IN THE WORKS R.R. BOOK!!
RANDY RHOADS - You Can’t Kill Rock & Roll

Dear Randy Rhoads Fans,

I wanted to take a minute to let all of you know about the new Randy Rhoads book that is currently in the works. I just received a proof of the book jacket, and needless to say I’m very proud to have had one of my pictures selected as the front cover image for this book. It’s been nearly 30 years since I shot those special pictures of Randy and I never would have imagined back then, how lucky I was to be at the right place at the right time. 

I’m very happy to announce to all of you, that there is a Randy Rhoads book in the works entitled You Can’t Kill Rock & Roll and that it has a major Publisher backing this project. 
You Can’t Kill Rock & Roll will be the most complete and comprehensive book ever written on Randy Rhoads period!  I’ve personally read numerous chapters from the book and I can honestly tell all of you, that this is the book we’ve all been waiting for!  No rehashed guitar magazine articles or fluff story. You Can’t Kill Rock & Roll is being written by Randy’s lifelong friend Kelly Garni along with award winning editor/screenwriter Michael Lynn. Kelly Garni sets the record straight and tells the real R.R. story as only Kelly can!  

Not only will this book be a great read, it will also contain numerous unpublished photos, memorabilia, personal artifacts, drawings and clippings created by Randy Rhoads himself, along with personal letters that were handwritten by Randy to friends, family and most importantly letters that go into great detail about life on the road while on tour. 

While the Randy Rhoads phenomenon continues to grow, 2010 seems to be a very promising year for us Randy Rhoads fans!  We’ll keep you all posted on the book and we’ll be making additional announcements on other RR related projects that will knock your socks off!!!!!

Jay Banbury 
R.R. Photographer
Attachments
Randy_book_cover.jpg
Randy-Book-Cover-1.jpg
Randy-Book-Cover-2.jpg
Randy-Book-Cover-3.jpg
wareagle
Mass Poster

Re: Breaking News-Randy Rhoads book in the works!

Post by wareagle »

that last pic is easily the sickest picture of randy yet... need more of those! is that from violet fox
?
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Very cool Jay , thanks so much for sharing this exciting information , this year is indeed shaping up to be one of the best yet for fans of Randy . . awesomeness !!
................................................................Image...............................................................................
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!I Never expected this!!!!!!At the beginnig of the Year at the NAMM Show Kelly Said that this would be a very BIG year for RR & his FANS!!!!!!!1st the Relic,,then the Restored Recordings,th CONFIRMATION of not only One but TWO ProShot Shows of Randy + another "undisclosed" RR Film
And Now the BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!! All we need Now is Bobs "GRAIL" & Peters Documentary & I can die Peacefully.

Thanks for Posting
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

man kellyg said it a while ago this year would be all things randy and he was riight!!!!!thank you kg!!!!!how many pages is the book gonna be?i hope at least 600 pages of reading!!!!!i love long books sorry!!!!anyway thank you jay for updating us and peace to the both of you's!!!!!!!!!!!!love the title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LET ME GET A SHOT OF WHISKEY!!!ROCK AND ROLLLLlLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jay Banbury

Post by Jay Banbury »

wareagle wrote:that last pic is easily the sickest picture of randy yet... need more of those! is that from violet fox
?
The last pic is Randy and Kelly Karni jamming in the park when they where young, Kelly will have to tell you who the other guys are.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah,that pic has been on theese boards before,Im not sure which one but I believe that Kelli had stated who was in the Pictures,mabey it was KGs Myspace that I saw it....dont remember exactly but fairly certin.
The more I think of it.....I hope this is Legitimate,by that I mean..I could make a cover like that on my Computer within minutes.I dont see the "Major" name of the Publisher on this or the "Family Approved" but I hope it is real!!!you said that your Photos were being used...WQhere can I see your other ones???Do you have a site??
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Ummmm...."Como se dice 'awesome'"
Jay Banbury

Post by Jay Banbury »

DMRX wrote:Yeah,that pic has been on theese boards before,Im not sure which one but I believe that Kelli had stated who was in the Pictures,mabey it was KGs Myspace that I saw it....dont remember exactly but fairly certin.
The more I think of it.....I hope this is Legitimate,by that I mean..I could make a cover like that on my Computer within minutes.I dont see the "Major" name of the Publisher on this or the "Family Approved" but I hope it is real!!!you said that your Photos were being used...WQhere can I see your other ones???Do you have a site??
My website is www.banburycrossdesign.com
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

life is getting even better :)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Mozart82

Post by Mozart82 »

Yes indeed that sounds really cool. Maybe it will come out before thanksgiving? just kidding :lol:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Totally 8)

Jay, you shot that pic on the cover?
It's one of the best Randy pics been shot!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Awesome! I can't wait to get a couple of these... I hope its as thick as the first photo & not some 100 page thrown together thing? This looks like it could be the ultimate RR treasure chest filled with never before seen stuff...
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

NICE!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This will be a great read. 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.