Wareagle...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Wareagle...

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Shockwave wrote:It comes down to money again I think, Sharon wants no one to make money off Randy's name so they will not pay any large amounts of money for any footage no matter how good it is. It seems there are anywhere 2 to 4 pro-shot shows out(house cams) from all the info that has built up over the years but no one is releasing them!!

Everyone is waiting for their payday, no one is getting or going to get there payday...The 30 years after documentary pretty much cemented that as it was the peak time to collect max value on anything that exist. All these people know what they have and probably came forward with it, then they get a standard response from the Osbourne camp, something along the lines of we will not pay for any illegally shot material.

I always wonder what if Sharon and Ozzy got divorced and he fired her as his manager, could he actually do that at this point? I think if someone actually went up to Ozzy directly and showed him a blurb of pro-shot video from the Rhoads era he would put it in motion to buy it. Sadly, he is at the top of the food chain and has more than likely never heard of anything that was brought to the table over the years. It goes straight to Sharons reps/lawyers with that standard reponse.

Didn't the guy that shot the palladium footage "donate" it?
Regarding Sharon, see my above comment.

And as for Ozzy, Shockwave, even in the very unlikely event these two split, I highly doubt Ozzy would handle any of the legal stuff or even the putting in motion of releasing any footage of Randy and him. The clips they showed of Ozzy "seeing the footage for the first time" or hearing "unreleased music" seemed to me to be nothing more than a glorified photo op, in which Ozzy, in his limited way, acted surprised. Frankly, I would be shocked if Ozzy had any interest in helping more footage of his past get released. The O's seem very interested in constantly bringing Ozzy to the forefront on things with what's "new" for him and his image. I honestly think that we, as fans, probably care more about Ozzy's past, especially his past with Randy, than he does. If it meant that he would move a million more units, then he may feign interest, but otherwise, I don't think so.

I hate to be negative about this, but this is just the feeling I get from seeing what goes on with the O camp. We, as a Randy fan base, seem much more respectful and diligent about wanting to see more Randy material than the O's do, and in the whole scheme of things, we are a niche fanbase, based on one era of Ozzy's career, which he himself seems to have moved past years ago. Sad, but true, unfortunately. :(
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

I'm not sure if I still have the emails or not, but a few months ago I emailed Shelley (I'm assuming this is about Bill Shelley because what is being described is here is so similar to what he described to me). Paraphrasing, he basically told me the same he orion, but he told me the specific private event which he said the band was playing at a birthday party. Does anyone know anything about the band ever playing at a birthday party? from what he said, it sounded like a pretty small event (a close friend or family member of someone in the band..?). if i can find his emails to me i'll be sure and share them on this thread. still drives me crazy to think something like this could be out there, but being suppressed.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:I'm not sure if I still have the emails or not, but a few months ago I emailed Shelley (I'm assuming this is about Bill Shelley because what is being described is here is so similar to what he described to me). Paraphrasing, he basically told me the same he orion, but he told me the specific private event which he said the band was playing at a birthday party. Does anyone know anything about the band ever playing at a birthday party? from what he said, it sounded like a pretty small event (a close friend or family member of someone in the band..?). if i can find his emails to me i'll be sure and share them on this thread. still drives me crazy to think something like this could be out there, but being suppressed.
I've never heard of the band playing a birthday party, but that's not to say they never did. It just seems a bit odd that they would play a birthday party is all. Perhaps an event for record company execs? Who knows?

I still think he isn't referring to a "private event", though.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:
orion_damage wrote:me: Are there any details you can provide? (Is it in color, pro shot, full concert?)

Bill: Yes, Yes, Don't remember
So that means:
-color: yes
-pro-shot: yes
-full concert: unknown :?

How much effort would it be for him to check whether it's a full concert or not?
Sounds to me like this is a way of saying, "I don't want to get sued into next Sunday by the O's".

I understand the reluctance on his part to release it, but it's just frustrating that maybe (and I say MAYBE) that he has stuff that he can't release.

Of course, as people have stated, this could all be a steaming pile of crap, and he has nothing. Who knows?
This... should he fear for the O's just by telling more details about the footage he has?
If not, then why can't he be more specific about what he has....?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Man, someone just ask the guy to please take the footage out, roll it and take a pic of it with his phone at least so we know it exist and of what quality. I think this would hold us over for another 5 years!

He seems very forthcoming a it answering whether or not he has it to multiple people, just doesn't go into detail. To him it's just one of his hundreds or thousands of shows he has.

EDIT: Even better, when you email him, send him a link to this general forum here at UR and point him to thread about the show. He may be willing to join and at least give a statement on it. Or someone pm me his email and I will do it!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote:Man, someone just ask the guy to please take the footage out, roll it and take a pic of it with his phone at least so we know it exist and of what quality. I think this would hold us over for another 5 years!

He seems very forthcoming a it answering whether or not he has it to multiple people, just doesn't go into detail. To him it's just one of his hundreds or thousands of shows he has.

EDIT: Even better, when you email him, send him a link to this general forum here at UR and point him to thread about the show. He may be willing to join and at least give a statement on it. Or someone pm me his email and I will do it!
Shelleyarchives@aol.com

:)
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Well.......
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Is he talking about the film shot at Don Arden's birthday party in January '81?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

I'll respond to the last message between us and ask for a picture. I'll also see if he can provide any details on the event, heck I'll even link him to this thread.

Edit: Just sent the email off, he usually responds within 24 hours.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Sky wrote:Is he talking about the film shot at Don Arden's birthday party in January '81?
Hey now there's an idea! Do we know if the band played there?
I went ahead and rode the white horse
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

No thats just a formal film which was done at the party not a live gig.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Where does he mention that it was a live gig? There's not a lot of information about this footage other than it was shot at a party. It's all a bit ambiguous.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:And as for Ozzy, Shockwave, even in the very unlikely event these two split, I highly doubt Ozzy would handle any of the legal stuff or even the putting in motion of releasing any footage of Randy and him. The clips they showed of Ozzy "seeing the footage for the first time" or hearing "unreleased music" seemed to me to be nothing more than a glorified photo op, in which Ozzy, in his limited way, acted surprised. Frankly, I would be shocked if Ozzy had any interest in helping more footage of his past get released. The O's seem very interested in constantly bringing Ozzy to the forefront on things with what's "new" for him and his image. I honestly think that we, as fans, probably care more about Ozzy's past, especially his past with Randy, than he does. If it meant that he would move a million more units, then he may feign interest, but otherwise, I don't think so.

I hate to be negative about this, but this is just the feeling I get from seeing what goes on with the O camp. We, as a Randy fan base, seem much more respectful and diligent about wanting to see more Randy material than the O's do, and in the whole scheme of things, we are a niche fanbase, based on one era of Ozzy's career, which he himself seems to have moved past years ago. Sad, but true, unfortunately. :(
VEry well said, I couldn't agree more!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I think there is more going on though, I think the O's would love to bring out some Randy stuff.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:I think there is more going on though, I think the O's would love to bring out some Randy stuff.....
I share this sentiment, I don't recall seeing any proof showing Ozzy/Sharon trying to keep the Randy stuff private.

Still haven't heard from Bill but, to be quite honest, I don't expect a reply and if he does reply I don't expect to get a picture or further details. Time shall tell.