Re: Wareagle...

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Tito wrote:I was there!!!!
Well it was your birthday, wasn't it? :D
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Lmao!!!!!!!!i had to or idol would have beat me to the punch!!!!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

You'll get a punch ..... I was there....i bet you were still in your diapers mate.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Lmfao!!!!pretty much i was 9 an just discovered his playing!found a cassette in the street took it home and later stole a tape player from the press box of my little league baseball team cuz we were too poor.i put that tape in and heard lees intro and randys guitar kick in and i was hooked!!!!side 1 over the mountain!!!!!!!i got busted for the hiest too!!back on topic sorry guys!!
WizardOfOzz

Post by WizardOfOzz »

One of the best intros in heavy metal!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Here is Bill's reply to me asking if it were Don Arden's party and if we could get a picture.
It possibly could be a birthday party for Don Arden, but the group and he had been on the outs for some time. So that seems doubtful.

Bottom line is I don't know for sure and the material is not digitalized or transferred. It is only on old standard U-matic 3/4" video tape that requires an archival machine. Mine is currently not working, making me go to a studio to view or process whatever I need to access. So no stills are being made at this time and no viewing, since I have no permissions and meanwhile wish to safeguard the material with as few viewings as possible because with age, video tapes can shrink, shred, or oxide the image off.

I understand the concern of the fans and respect their loyalty. However, they need to know that the Osbournes loved Randy also. Withholding their permission most likely is due to complicated legal obligations beyond their total control. Recording contracts have numerous clauses even for the mega stars. Whenever I try to secure permission to showcase a group, I am amazed at how many people are in the mix that I often didn't predict and never heard of.

Bill
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

I admire this guys mentality..sounds like an old school gentleman..bake the fuckin tape!!!!!JK!!!!!Thanks orion!!!!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Tito wrote:I admire this guys mentality..sounds like an old school gentleman..bake the fuckin tape!!!!!JK!!!!!Thanks orion!!!!
I thought the same thing, seems like a pretty nice guy.

Not a problem!
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

This guy probably gets bombarded with emails about this lol. But at least we seem to have a good indication that this footage exists. I really hope that this video can one day be released! It would be so cool!
I went ahead and rode the white horse
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Well, to resurrect this thread somewhat, with news that does not pertain specifically to Randy, but deals with Mr. Shelley, it seems, sadly, the Eagles are suing him:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20141130

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/n ... -copyright

I fear this doesn't bode well for any potential Randy footage he may have. After dealing with this lawsuit, I think he may not want to screen any further footage of ANY band for a while. This sucks. And also makes me dislike The Eagles. :x
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Why does it make you dislike the Eagles?

The article states:

According to the lawsuit, the Eagles first filed a cease-and-desist order against Shelley to prevent him from screening the bootlegged footage in October. After Shelley "refused," the band's lawyers took the matter to federal court.

How is this any different than any artist claiming copyright infringement in a lawsuit?

Sure it is a setback for footage "supposedly" in his collection of Randy. We were never going to see that anyway. Unless one of us is RICH, we had no shot at ever seeing any Ozzy footage.

Sorry to sound so negative, but that's my take on this particular footage.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

as much as it sucks i dont blame frey and henley.sounds like they didnt even know they were bieng filmed.who knows.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

it's funny though, he would actually do a public screening of a show and doesn't ask for the Eagles permission. But then for a Ozzy show he did ask for permission and we all get screwed again lol...yep, sounds about right
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Why does it make you dislike the Eagles?

The article states:

According to the lawsuit, the Eagles first filed a cease-and-desist order against Shelley to prevent him from screening the bootlegged footage in October. After Shelley "refused," the band's lawyers took the matter to federal court.

How is this any different than any artist claiming copyright infringement in a lawsuit?

Sure it is a setback for footage "supposedly" in his collection of Randy. We were never going to see that anyway. Unless one of us is RICH, we had no shot at ever seeing any Ozzy footage.

Sorry to sound so negative, but that's my take on this particular footage.
I actually like The Eagles' music, but dislike them as people. I should have been more specific here.

What makes me dislike them? They are lawsuit-happy, for one thing. Secondly, they are the epitome of corporate rock, charging fans exorbitant prices for tickets and merch. Lastly, their "reunion" and the years following have not produced any good music (in my opinion). They are a band that is phoning it in for money, plain and simple. Good for them that they can do that, but it makes me as a fan not take them all that seriously. Also, most basically, they are widely regarded as difficult to deal with and they act very entitled, which is unfortunate. It is equally unfortunate that many other artists forget it is the fans that make it possible for the lifestyles they live, and the comfort which said lifestyle affords. I'm not saying ANY artist should give wholly and completely of themselves, but at the very least, be gracious to those who have put you where you are. I don't think that's unreasonable to ask.

I agree that it is no different than any other artist claiming copyright infringement, but The Eagles seem to be making this very personal, threatening to seize his whole collection. Tell me that's not vindictive.

As for Randy footage, perhaps you are right, perhaps you are wrong. None of us knows if we would/will/won't see more Randy footage. My point is that any forward motion on potential footage is most likely (if it was in motion to begin with, to be fair) lost because of this.

I concur that Randy footage is a disappointing affair, but this seems like one more avenue that is now closed to us. I share your disappointment.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:...they are the epitome of corporate rock, charging fans exorbitant prices for tickets and merch. Lastly, their "reunion" and the years following have not produced any good music (in my opinion). They are a band that is phoning it in for money, plain and simple. Good for them that they can do that, but it makes me as a fan not take them all that seriously. Also, most basically, they are widely regarded as difficult to deal with and they act very entitled, which is unfortunate. It is equally unfortunate that many other artists forget it is the fans that make it possible for the lifestyles they live, and the comfort which said lifestyle affords...
:lol: After reading this I had to go back to the Eagles reference to realize you weren't talking about KISS :lol:

I understand your point, thanks for clarifying.