Wareagle...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Re: Wareagle...

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

I agree, I think that some stuff will be released for a memorial anniversary maybe! I still stay hopeful!
Anyways, here is Bill's response email to me describing the footage he claims to have when i asked him if he has anything, and if so, what.

"This was a home video with sound, of course, professional quality, but I have no idea whether or not any other copies exist anywhere. I haven't seen or heard of any others, but one never knows for sure these days. Note that this was in the early '80's. I got the footage in the mid '80's on 3/4" tape with a whole bunch of other tapes. I didn't know what I had until I screened. So my ownership was purely accidental. That's why I don't have all of the history of it."
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

It rely sounds like that birthday party.

If it is it will never get released due to the fact that it was a privet event.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Everything gets released eventfully. The kids of these people that have stuff of Randy or other rare footage will not stand still on it like there parents did.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

I was told that they did not play at Don Arden's party. they were just present at the party.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sky wrote:Where does he mention that it was a live gig? There's not a lot of information about this footage other than it was shot at a party. It's all a bit ambiguous.
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Sky wrote:Is he talking about the film shot at Don Arden's birthday party in January '81?
Hey now there's an idea! Do we know if the band played there?

This film was discussed a few years ago when the small piece of film with Randy wishing $haron a happy birthday was seen for the first time.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2442&hilit=Don+Arden+party&start=15
These are a few stills i found from Don Arden's birthday party. I heard that this film is in the hands of the O's and was seen during the research for the Dakota docu.
Attachments
Don Arden's birthday party 4.jpg
Don Arden's birthday party 4.jpg (8.87 KiB) Viewed 7882 times
Don Arden's birthday party 3.jpg
Don Arden's birthday party 3.jpg (7.72 KiB) Viewed 7882 times
Don Arden's birthday party 2.jpg
Don Arden's birthday party 2.jpg (9.48 KiB) Viewed 7882 times
Don Arden's birthday party 1.jpg
Don Arden's birthday party 1.jpg (10.38 KiB) Viewed 7882 times
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:I agree, I think that some stuff will be released for a memorial anniversary maybe! I still stay hopeful!
Anyways, here is Bill's response email to me describing the footage he claims to have when i asked him if he has anything, and if so, what.

"This was a home video with sound, of course, professional quality, but I have no idea whether or not any other copies exist anywhere. I haven't seen or heard of any others, but one never knows for sure these days. Note that this was in the early '80's. I got the footage in the mid '80's on 3/4" tape with a whole bunch of other tapes. I didn't know what I had until I screened. So my ownership was purely accidental. That's why I don't have all of the history of it."
So is it a concert, or is it just footage of all of them chatting and visiting? This is unclear.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Its them jamming at a party.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tito wrote:Its them jamming at a party.
This sounds interesting....Do you have any more info Tito ?
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

I was there!!!!
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

In a later email he mentions that he cannot show it without Sharon's approval because she owns the music being played. So definitely they're jamming. It seems the release of this footage is the most likely in my opinion simply because Bill and Sharon have spoken about it before.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

This is an idea and something I would do.....

Make sure you are hidden behind proxies !!!

1). Fake a break in to your house and make sure you file a report with the police (this is your alibi).
2). Have a friend who can keep quiet about this set up a phony account somewhere like say guitars 101. Next,up the video to a provider that will withstand a ton of downloaders.
3). Set up an email account on a one of those 10 minute mail sites.
4). Spam a few forums with notice of Randy Rhoads footage.
5). Upload and wait a couple of hours.
6). Delete all account traces and put the footage back in a safe place that only you know.
7). Play dumb if questioned and mention police report.

Win - win
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

P C M wrote:This is an idea and something I would do.....

1). Fake a break in to your house and make sure you file a report with the police (this is your alibi).
2). Have a friend who can keep quiet about this set up a phony account somewhere like say guitars 101. Next,up the video to a provider that will withstand a ton of downloaders.
6). Delete all account traces and put the footage back in a safe place that only you know.

Win - win
hahaha i hope you're joking man ! lol
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Sky wrote:Where does he mention that it was a live gig? There's not a lot of information about this footage other than it was shot at a party. It's all a bit ambiguous.
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Sky wrote:Is he talking about the film shot at Don Arden's birthday party in January '81?
Hey now there's an idea! Do we know if the band played there?

This film was discussed a few years ago when the small piece of film with Randy wishing $haron a happy birthday was seen for the first time.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2442&hilit=Don+Arden+party&start=15
These are a few stills i found from Don Arden's birthday party. I heard that this film is in the hands of the O's and was seen during the research for the Dakota docu.
A few people have copies of the film shot at Don Arden's party, it was shot professionally. There was a piano player there who made up songs about the guests. All of the original band were there but they didn't play.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
P C M wrote:This is an idea and something I would do.....

Win - win
hahaha i hope you're joking man ! lol
In all honesty.....it's so stupid,it could work. :lol: :lol: :lol:
(yah,I was just kidding)
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

It just seems every party involved in a potential release wants things that the other won't give so nothing ever gets done. It's a damn shame