Wareagle...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wareagle
Mass Poster

Re: Wareagle...

Post by wareagle »

nope i dont know, i ask him what year, he says its marked as 1981... but honestly i dont know...

@guitaridol: i think everything i said so far has been said before by me... i acctually say everything when i get it...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

wareagle wrote:nope i dont know, i ask him what year, he says its marked as 1981... but honestly i dont know...

@guitaridol: i think everything i said so far has been said before by me... i acctually say everything when i get it...
OK then Elliot do me a favour please and PM me the guys email address i'd like to ask him a few questions of my own Cheers :wink:
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

it would be funny if this is the footage the osbournes mentioned and sharon says its bieng or has to be cleaned up huh!?NEVER KNOW KIDDIES!!!!!!!and if im wrong then im an ASS!!!!!!still got hope though!!!!!
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

idk, possible, hes worked with them in the past. any new footage is new to me... which makes it awesome, so idc if they show the same thing twice, i just wanna see it.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

I know this thread is a bit old but I couldn't find any updates so I got curious and emailed Bill myself. His responses are verbatim, spelling errors included. :P

Just in case anyone is interested here's some info on the possibility of it being shown:

First off, he confirmed that he has footage of Ozzy with Randy.

me: Are there any details you can provide? (Is it in color, pro shot, full concert?)

Bill: Yes, Yes, Don't remember

me: Would there be any possibility of it being shown one day?

Bill: Doubt it, but the Osbournes have first dibbs. I am under agreement with them and the footage is from private sources not public concerts and not originally open to the public, some kind of private events. Therefore even more reason for their being able to decide whether or not to share. They their likeness, image, music, etc. Copyrights, and at a private event have the right not to expect public showcasing.

me: If you still have the film would it be possible to buy it from you?

Bill: No

I initially asked him if he was ever able to show the concert (I didn't see an update from wareagle which is what sparked my curiosity). He stated 'Sorry we never showed any footage of Black Sabbath or their music or Ozzie with Randy Rhoads because I could not secure permission. Bill'
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Bill.... Is this guy from Wolfgang vaults ?
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

If there was a complete, color live show with RR, the O's would want it.....they would want to release it and make a small fortune, if the guy didn't want to sell it then I'd reckon he'd have no hope of Sharon agreeing to anything else he wants to do with it, because that's the sort of person she is......if she couldn't use it, she wouldn't let anyone else use it. If it is a real situation, a one time showing at a cinema is basically pointless, 99% of RR and O fans won't get to see it, so it might as well stay mythical.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I emailed Bill Shelley a few years ago 2010 and i asked him what / if he had any Ozzy RR film did he have in his archives and this was his reply. I honestly think he changes his tune to suit who ever is emailing him they all get different replies. I think the guy is full of shit personally.

"Don't have much information on the tapes but will let you know what we've got here when we find out more.."

Best Wishes,
Bill Shelley
Shelley Archives Inc
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

orion_damage wrote:me: Are there any details you can provide? (Is it in color, pro shot, full concert?)

So that means:
-color: yes
-pro-shot: yes
-full concert: unknown :?

How much effort would it be for him to check whether it's a full concert or not?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
orion_damage wrote:me: Are there any details you can provide? (Is it in color, pro shot, full concert?)

So that means:
-color: yes
-pro-shot: yes
-full concert: unknown :?

How much effort would it be for him to check whether it's a full concert or not?
Sounds to me like this is a way of saying, "I don't want to get sued into next Sunday by the O's".

I understand the reluctance on his part to release it, but it's just frustrating that maybe (and I say MAYBE) that he has stuff that he can't release.

Of course, as people have stated, this could all be a steaming pile of crap, and he has nothing. Who knows? I feel like we're forever held in this holding pattern of "maybe there's footage.....maybe there's not!".

Moral of the story: enjoy what we have already; at least it's seen the light of day!

Good on you guys for going the extra mile to seek this stuff out, though.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

From reading his email did anyone else take it like he was saying the concert was a private event? Maybe he meant the showing would be a private event?
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

orion_damage wrote:From reading his email did anyone else take it like he was saying the concert was a private event? Maybe he meant the showing would be a private event?

When me and another member were searching for footage he told me that this guy (close freind of the Osbornes) said That he had a full backyard show for his birthday from oz and the gang I wonder if this show was the one you are talking about.

I wonder where that member went haven't heard from them in a while

NOTE:The show I am talking about is pro according to the person who filmed it. I don't think it will become public do to the fact that the footage may be personal
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Just my point of view.....if this is personal stuff,why tease us if we'll never see it? On top of that,they must know how we've been jonesing for pro shot (any footage for that matter) since day 1. Pretty sad another day goes by and we are limited to any footage of our Superman at work.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

It comes down to money again I think, Sharon wants no one to make money off Randy's name so they will not pay any large amounts of money for any footage no matter how good it is. It seems there are anywhere 2 to 4 pro-shot shows out(house cams) from all the info that has built up over the years but no one is releasing them!!

Everyone is waiting for their payday, no one is getting or going to get there payday...The 30 years after documentary pretty much cemented that as it was the peak time to collect max value on anything that exist. All these people know what they have and probably came forward with it, then they get a standard response from the Osbourne camp, something along the lines of we will not pay for any illegally shot material.

I always wonder what if Sharon and Ozzy got divorced and he fired her as his manager, could he actually do that at this point? I think if someone actually went up to Ozzy directly and showed him a blurb of pro-shot video from the Rhoads era he would put it in motion to buy it. Sadly, he is at the top of the food chain and has more than likely never heard of anything that was brought to the table over the years. It goes straight to Sharons reps/lawyers with that standard reponse.

Didn't the guy that shot the palladium footage "donate" it?
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

orion_damage wrote:From reading his email did anyone else take it like he was saying the concert was a private event? Maybe he meant the showing would be a private event?
Orion, I think what he is referring to is copyright there. He's very vague and sort of unspecific about it, but that's my interpretation of it.

I say this because he talks about and uses the terms "public" and "private" and then mentions contracts. As the footage is not in the public domain, meaning that ANYONE could release it, it would mean that it would, presumably, fall under the Ozzy copyright/trademark, as his likeness, and that of Randy (whose likeness the O's control? I thought I read that somewhere here....I could be wrong, though) are shown in the footage. I'm no expert in copyright law, but that's how I read that. I could be mistaken, though. Just my two cents.

Copyright law really seems to be a matter of the fact that the law is there, and it IS a law, but it really depends on how zealously or enthusiastically the holders of the copyright want to pursue those who have broken the law and have used the copyrighted material in question. As we know, the O's, Sharon and her legal team in particular, go after those who infringe on the Ozzy trademark, HARD. It would seem that even the threat of having the O's legal team let loose on someone is enough for most to shrug their shoulders and say it's not worth it. Sharon seems very old school, and she learned from her Dad Don about playing hardball with people, especially when it comes to properties she owns or has the copyright for. I have no doubt she would go after people with zeal if she felt wronged. The problem is, this type of attitude, and not one of amnesty, hinders any more footage, etc. from seeing the light of day. Many other artists have waived suing bootleggers who have filmed concerts and music in return for being able to access the footage or music. Yes, it is technically breaking copyright law, but if it's the only material available, it kind of puts the artist between a rock and a hard place, doesn't it?

I also think we're living in an age, though, where it's increasingly more difficult for artists to maintain control of their art in a lot of ways. This started with the whole Napster/Metallica lawsuit years ago, IMO. The public began to see how tenuous the grip that artists have on their work is. That's good and bad in many ways, and a whole other conversation, but in 2014, years after, it's a reality. It seems there is, about every six months or so, some sabre rattling about going after people who break copyright law, then it disappears again for a while, until it's dredged up again. These type of warnings, and minimal lawsuits, though, seem more of a deterrent than actually a concerted effort to go after copyright infringers on a large scale basis.

Long story short (haha, after I've written the novel above!), however, I think this guy's hands are tied, figuratively. He most likely has the O's looking over his shoulder ready to pounce if he releases anything. It would also be fairly obvious to guess who leaked the footage if it gets out there as well....so this guy is really stuck.