29 Years ago NY Palladium

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

29 Years ago NY Palladium

Post by DMRX »

On Sunday it will be 29 years that this Groundbreaking Show for Ozzy Career,and the only one for video to surface from in those 29 years.
If this "New Footage" Ozzy has is indeed this show Pro-Shot ,I'll FREAK-OUT!!!!!!! :oops: Watch Ozzy Goofing Off during the Solo & messing w/Randy @ 2;55.
IMAGINE if this is PRO-SHOT!!!& The sound is off the Board
We Are In for ,well....It Would make the 30 year wait Worth While!!!

Watch Randy at about 25 Seconds in,I hope it is this show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS_cKrBP9uQ
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

My video is of much better quality. Speed corrected and the audio is taken from a bootleg of the same concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-6nQjBXheg

Still need to work on it a little, but at least it's speed corrected.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This show is so important for many reasons one of which is that it is this very show that led to the split with Bob and Lee and also that two very good audio's were recorded and one of the only peices of bideo to have surfaced so far!
It is so odd to think that it is almost 30 years old because the music still sounds so fresh and beautiful.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Trigger wrote:This show is so important for many reasons one of which is that it is this very show that led to the split with Bob and Lee and also that two very good audio's were recorded and one of the only peices of bideo to have surfaced so far!
It is so odd to think that it is almost 30 years old because the music still sounds so fresh and beautiful.
Bob and Lee didnt play the palladium show or did they??...have not watched it in years but are we talking about the 81 show or was there one in 80 with bob and lee also??
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

and IMO i would rather have something pro shot of Randy from July 81 to March 82, Randy really opened it up in July and started adding a bunch of new stuff to the songs, The Cleveland time frame sounds great but just so laid back and forgive my saying of the word boring compared to all the shows from July onward. I think for non-diehard Randy fans in general it would be great to show how he progressed after the tribute album and not anything before it.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Right,I agree,But Anything gets me excited!I guess its because I have nly seen film from this show & thats getting me STOKED!!!
Id Like to see the Beumont TX Show,the Soundcheck footage.That was a B-show & they didnt have to compete w/the Stage & its a month before
he died.Mabey we'll get lucky & it will be more than One show.I dont Care I jus want Something .
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Oh stop it, we all know after whatever show is released we will move on to waiting and guessing what the next show that may exist :)
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

your so right shockwave!!!more fights will break out arguing etc!we are going to be like a bunch of addicts at a methadone clinic after the releases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Shockwave wrote:
Trigger wrote:This show is so important for many reasons one of which is that it is this very show that led to the split with Bob and Lee and also that two very good audio's were recorded and one of the only peices of bideo to have surfaced so far!
Bob and Lee didnt play the palladium show or did they??...have not watched it in years but are we talking about the 81 show or was there one in 80 with bob and lee also??
After the UK Blizzard tour ended Bob and Lee discovered that 2 they were being expected to play 2 shows in NY due to demand, they were also expected to plat both show for the same price as playing 1!
THis led to a disagrements and them both being fired.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Trigger wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
After the UK Blizzard tour ended Bob and Lee discovered that 2 they were being expected to play 2 shows in NY due to demand, they were also expected to plat both show for the same price as playing 1!
THis led to a disagrements and them both being fired.
Man, its amazing that even then, Ozzy considered everyone hired guns and that's it. Play the shows for the same price? That was not a band then, Ozzy should never have even toured with Bob and Lee if that's the case.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

I believe the story wasnt that they would get paid for 1 show,Im sure that they got paid for both performances.....
I think it was more they were asking for double PerDiem (Daily expences & other daily perks that come w/the buisiness ends of touring)
And stuff of that like.Bob & Lee had both had of 5 years+ of ARENA touring & they knew the buisiness and were accustomed to Bigger things
that were provided to them in the past & Just IMHO were asking for alot more than Sharon/Don were willing to give.I can go for hours on my Theorys,mabey we can start another thread about that if anyone else wants to hear my theorys....I already have a 3 paragraph text file for when I post it.

And if your right about the Multiple shows,If that Lintball was correct,,Then the wait is on!!!
But I dont see much more coming out from Ozzy or elseware after this doc,if it comes out.

I Just hope OZZY puts out the whole Gig (Warts & ALL) and not just a couple songs to sell the DVD/Boxset.
I hope that isnt the case.IMAGINE THE SPOTLIGHT SOLO 3 CAMERAS DARK SMOKEY STAGE W/SPOTLIGHTS ON OUR MAN RANDY!!!!!!!!!!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

And the Lighting show during Revelation during the BOO tour.Ive heard storys from a few people that were there!!!!!!!

Sharon had TOP NOTCH Lighting Rigs & Tascos Sound Systems.....AWSOME!!!!!
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

I heard once that Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake did go to one of the shows in the USA in 1981 and just stayed in the crowd is this true?
Randy rocked
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

randys roadie wrote:I heard once that Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake did go to one of the shows in the USA in 1981 and just stayed in the crowd is this true?
I don't think that did happen as Bob has been asked at his site if he ever seen Randy after the 1980 UK tour and the answer was No. I don't think he went to the funeral but i may be wrong.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
randys roadie wrote:I heard once that Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake did go to one of the shows in the USA in 1981 and just stayed in the crowd is this true?
I don't think that did happen as Bob has been asked at his site if he ever seen Randy after the 1980 UK tour and the answer was No. I don't think he went to the funeral but i may be wrong.
I never heard that but if I were Bob or Lee I would have gone to the trouble of seeing what the new boys were like? I have even done this myself in the past :wink: :lol: