Over The Mountain

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Livewire8195

Over The Mountain

Post by Livewire8195 »

Does anyone have a good sounding live version of Over The Mountain where Ozzy's voice isn't cracking and he's not messing up the lyrics? It seems like every one I've listened to, he messes up something or his voice sounds terrible. Thanks.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I am not sure a perfect vocal version exists although the version they played on 15th January 1982 is pretty good.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Post by David »

I doubt there is a version where Ozzy doesn't crack up on Over the Mountain
The best sounding ones are 1-15-82,1-22-82, and 2-9-82
12-31-81 sounds pretty decent on the voice, underrated I guess
I never really paid attention much to Ozzy's voice anyhow :P
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

New years eve in my opinion, listened to it a couple weeks ago for the first time in years and the first thoughts to me were that ozzys voice sounded great during otm
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

That song is pretty high (no Pun intended),Which is why they opened w/it (according to Rudys book).
Unfortionatly,Id have to listen to all the boots to confirm a great vocal w/Randy.But IMO The version
on the SPEAK/DIARY Video w/Brad is UNBELIEVEABLE!!.....Of course its Overdubbed,& not Randy,but its live.
I just recently saw/heard a Video of them playing that w/Jake E Lee,which was cool,mostly because until a few weeks
ago I didnt know they played that w/Jake.
matt21

Post by matt21 »

No doubt that version with Brad was one of the best vocals I've heard from Ozzy
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yea I never payed that much attention before when I watched it years ago,but hearing it now that im older & listen.
Ozzys vox are overdubbed and sound FANTASTIC some of his best
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

Ah yes, the song that changed my life (as far as guitar playing goes). Its funny this post should show up as I just posted about Jake's version of this on jakeelee.com, which (jake's version) just floors me given that he doesn't use a tremolo. Amazing song no matter which one of Ozzy's guitar players it is, fabulous testament to the writing and compositional skills of Mr. Rhoads, maybe my all-time favorite Randy Rhoads tune, which is saying alot.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

That video of Jake playiong 'OTM' was the last show that Bob Tommy & Don played with Jake and Ozzy, imho it is also the last time that that song was played right!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

Trigger wrote:That video of Jake playiong 'OTM' was the last show that Bob Tommy & Don played with Jake and Ozzy, imho it is also the last time that that song was played right!
Ian,

I only have an audio version of this, is there really a video of this show? The show I am talking about is from 86 with Randy and Phil (must be different than the one you speak of) and it is in England, the power goes out right as Jake starts his solo on "Mr. Crowley", and when it comes back on they do "OTM", Ozzy forgets part of the second verse, but Jake just nails it. This show also has one of the few performances of "Never" on it. Which show are you talking about, and how can I get the video of it?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have the audio from almost every show on that UK tour, the video I meant was the 'OTM' from rio 85. A video is available from 86 with the band playing 'OTM' but I never got a copy of it because the quality is poor,I don't remember which show it was though.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

The Rock in Rio show is good quality video but I have heard some versions of that show where it sounds like the audio has been speeded up (everything sounds a half-step higher tuning wise than it should), at any rate I love that song with either Randy or Jake playing it.
Solos

Post by Solos »

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Something just sounds off on ozzys voice in the rio show, not sure what it is but it does sound altered