Randy Rhoads = LOST

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

estang74

Randy Rhoads = LOST

Post by estang74 »

I am a big fan of the TV show LOST and I have noticed over the past year that Randy Rhoads' afterlife is becoming like the TV show. LOST is a show about questions and answers except the answers don't come right away and sometimes come with more questions. The show is so good and I have invested so much time in the show that I need to finish the show for the answers. Sound familiar???

Questions:

What is the deal with the Documentary? Will it ever be released or is it going to hit the cutting floor? Has PM wore out his welcome with everyone on planet earth yet? Are the Rhoads' family taking over the film? Has the contract run out?

What is the deal with the new footage that Ozzy has seen? When is it going to be released and will all of the footage be released or just a song or two as a bonus thing on his new CD or his Documentary?

What happened to the footage with the Film collector in NY? Is this story even true? I noticed the thread about it has been deleted?

Anymore word from the Texas Soundcheck ordeal?

Romeo Rose? Did he really see footage or did he make everything up?

Kelli Garni? Some people think he is profiting from his friends' legacy others think he is carrying the torch for the new generation of Randy fans

It's crazy to think that there is 28 years since Randy passed and just over the last year or two things have been crazy. I really hope a bunch of stuff comes out this year, especially for the OG's who have been around since Randy's start. I've been a fan since 87' and I know rumors would pop up left and right. Imagine if the internet was going like it is today back then?

Anyway, I was just thinking about that and thinking about how frustrating it can be, being a Randy Rhoads fan and being teased with all these great things(which most don't come through :(

Discuss
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

all your questions have the same answer...we have no clue
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Those are great questions Estang. Would love to hear the answers to even half of them. The concert date for this proshot footage would be enough to keep me happy until it's finally released, whenever that's going to be....
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Very good questions indeed, as a group of fans dedicated to an individual artist we have been been treated poorly. We have not recieved anything new-ish to enjoy since Kevin Dubrow released 'QR the Randy Rhoads years' almost 20 years ago!
All we have managed to get in since his last album is a clutch of live audio and a FEW live videos none of which are very watchable! When we consider what we have byt way of 'Official' release it is very little! 'Tribute' was a reworking of what we already had, only two tracks on it were actually new to us (the fans).
We (the fans) are not worthy of what is available and we know that with randys career with Ozzy the pro recorded 3 shows, 2 of these we have heard and the third we have heard a few tracks of! If we were worth anything (the fans) why cant we hear that third show? At least if we are not 100% sure that video exists (even if the evidence points to it existing) why when we know a 1980 show was recorded and we have yet to hear it, Why are we not targeting that show!?!?!?!
We might even be happy to finally get this real gem! we might even be quiet as a group for a while if we got thrown at least that fish!

What we get after waiting for something of value all these years is 'a statue, a guitar no real fan can afford OR an amp that looks like Randy's and cost more than most of his fans can afford'

Question everything about the fan base because that is what we are here for but then as fans lets question why we have been not allowed to see what we as fans really crave 'Randy playing what we love to hear!'

Most things that have happened are smoke screens that mask the bigger questions and while we 'The fans' are distracted by the doc' or other bickering we get further away from what we as fans have been dedicated to Randy for.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

LOL a good analogy; I am thinking it is more like the Blair witch project and the fans the ones going around in circles.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

Why do people keep calling Kelly Garni the torchbearer of Randy's legacy it's annoying and not true. Look guy's Randy doesn't need a torchbearer his music and image and humble personality speak for themselves. Stop believing the hype.

Randy appreciated the fans. I can still remember him asking me what I thought of the Santa Monica Civic show. He was just an honest guy who cared about people much like his mom.

It's sad that such a positive person could bring in so many wingnuts and over the top fans. I am tired of the drama and seeing fans get duped out of their hard earned cash.

I really don't collect stuff related to Randy the stuff I do have was given to me by Drew and the first two Ozzy albums signed and some cool QR stuff.

I understood Kevin's motives he had a music career to support so he got on TK and interacted with fans as a way to get people to the shows. I assure you he never would've done that at the height of his heyday.

Just pray that things get better for everyones sake.