Any new word yet?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

Any new word yet?

Post by DMRX »

I know I wont get a straight answer but I figure I'll still try,as the deadline is here its been over 3 years & no real update in some time,there was one inJan but that was more or less a cop-out.Whats going on?there were at least semi-regular updates the first 2 years,w
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

well, thanks to Romeo Rose, and other crap that happened over the summer we won't be getting anymore updates.

it could also be that Peter is trying to make it a surprise or something, though even some sort of update would be nice...
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

I wish it was a suprise :lol:

I just read somehere online that PM said Bob Daisely was one of the meanest/worst people he ever met?wonder what all that was about?
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

DMRX wrote:I wish it was a suprise :lol:

I just read somehere online that PM said Bob Daisely was one of the meanest/worst people he ever met?wonder what all that was about?
I can tell you from personal experience that Bob is nothing like what PM might have said .. Bob is a very laid back fella and extremely non-pretentious .. but I could understand someone being mean if they were first treated like that .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

My dealings with Bob have always been pleasent, he seems down to earth and not at all like a rock star.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I can't believe it's been three years, only feels like a year reAlly
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Shockwave wrote:I can't believe it's been three years, only feels like a year reAlly
Yes three short drama filled years!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I don't think the first two years were really drama filled, were they? Peter was on our side telling us what was going on during those first two years i think, then the debacle of the trailer happened and then it all just went to hell on us.

I know the last year has been HEAVY in drama though.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Cryptic Night wrote:I don't think the first two years were really drama filled, were they? Peter was on our side telling us what was going on during those first two years i think, then the debacle of the trailer happened and then it all just went to hell on us.

I know the last year has been HEAVY in drama though.
Well I really don't see that the first 2 years were problem free! from the day it was decided to close the film forum Drama happened! and I don't think that he or anyone else was completely blameless.

I just hope that we have all moved on.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

Alex, not going to get into a bash Kevin fest, but Kevin did an amazing job at erasing himself from Rock history. From 1984 to 86 Frankie Banali and Kevin went through 1.2 million dollars in cocaine and partying. Kevin was his own worst enemy Alex. He was just walking drama.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paiste2002 wrote:Alex, not going to get into a bash Kevin fest, but Kevin did an amazing job at erasing himself from Rock history. From 1984 to 86 Frankie Banali and Kevin went through 1.2 million dollars in cocaine and partying. Kevin was his own worst enemy Alex. He was just walking drama.
all that said though, love Kevin or hate him he was part of Randy's story and not a small part! in Randy's short life Kevin was a major part.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Documentary Drama

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I am never one to get into dramas since they always tend to turn to nastiness. I would like to ask everyone here if there should be a thread that shows a timeline of the "Documentary Drama." I have researched old threads to find out what exactly happened in the past. I don't think I was even a member of UR when a lot of this drama was unfolding. I sort of heard the thunder aftermath. I missed the actual lightning strike. At RR.us they have reopened the film thread. I am a little skiddish to participate since so much harm was done in the past. I know there are always new members who wonder what happened. Rather than point a finger at who started what I would like to give "causes" and "effects". I give no reasons "why" each event occurred. I only know the result.

2005- RandyRhoads.tk
-Kevin Dubrow, Rudy Sarzo, Kelly Garni, Peter Margolis, Trigger, Ian are members

-Rudy Sarzo is writing Off The Rails (2006)

-Rudy and Kevin have disagreement about who knew what about Randy in Rudy's book

-Attempts are made to discredit Rudy

-Peter Margolis gets Rhoads family approval for documentary (2006)

-Due to "feud" between Rudy & Kevin, Peter has trouble getting proper interviews for documentary.

-UltimateRhoads.com is born (Feb. 12, 2006) when Trigger & Ian are banned from RR.tk

-Rudy joins UR to defend his book (Nov. 2, 2006).

-Kelly joins UR (March 24, 2007). Peter also joins UR and begins film thread (May 17, 2007).

-Fans from both RR.tk and UR are caught up in a struggle for creative control over documentary and being the Official Randy Rhoads website. Lines are drawn over Kevin and Rudy "feud." In other words, "Pick a side."

-UR chooses to publish both Kevin's & Rudy's arguements equally.

-Romeo Rose (an entity close to the film) obtains 10 minute documentary trailer and publishes it on youtube (joined UR Feb. 11, 2008). RR.tk and UR (both eager to see the film) put a filmlink on their websites.

-Peter is furious for unauthorized publishing of trailer and threatens legal action. He consequently leaves UR and stops all documentary updates.

-(September 2009) Kelly also leaves UR to begin his own Randy Rhoads fan website.

-Rhoads family view trailer and are upset by documentary direction.

-January 2010 Documentary is partly completed (35 minutes)

-Jan 24, 2010 Ozzy finds unseen footage of Randy and him playing during Blizzard of Ozz tour. Future DVD due in June-July 2010.

That is as much I am aware of so far. There are a whole bunch of details in there that I left out due to time contraints. There is even another description of all of these events over at RR.us with more details included. If I have gotten things out of order or have missed a critical event please let me know. This timeline is meant to help those that know nothing about the drama that has unfolded these last three years.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Joe (Skezza) and I were banned by TK when we oopened UR and made posts letting people know when free audio was becoming available.

Also when Peter removed himself from the film forum he spoke with us and TK about helping him out but we thought it best to remain independant of PM incase it went wrong, that way we remained independant.

You can add those to your timeline.

Also blame was put on UR for letting Steve openly quiery the facts of the film forum and PM, we suggested PM use UR to answer these (like any other member), he wouldn't which is when he became hostile towards us.

Following the trailer we recieved lots of complaints from new members and a few older ones but when they were examined most of these came from one computer, this means the complaints were very few in number (as per individuals)

Within a week of the trailer leaking PM contacted us via another mod from the forums saying he wished us to delete his account!

Kelly did start a his own site but he still visits UR to give up-dates.