How should we celebrate Randy on the 25th anniversary?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

How should we celebrate Randy on the 25th anniversary?

Post by Trigger »

How should we celebrate Randy's life on the 25th anniversary of his death in March next year? What would you really like to see? Myself? I would like to see Ozzy, Tommy, Rudy and Don play the Diary set again with guest guitarists playing as a tribute.

I will be playing the last known show, El Paso 1982, to remember him.

Have you guys got any ideas, is there anything you would like us to do as a site to mark his life?

T
Last edited by Trigger on Mon May 22, 2006 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

i'd like some more video footage released ... :D

... if there is any 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Stiltzkin wrote:i'd like some more video footage released ... :D

... if there is any 8)
Of course there is!

I think there is TONS OF FOOTAGE out there. Too bad we have to wait so long because of the mistake one person made only a few days after the crash......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Flying Dutchman wrote:

... if there is any 8)
Of course there is!

I think there is TONS OF FOOTAGE out there. Too bad we have to wait so long because of the mistake one person made only a few days after the crash......
What do you mean?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

a reissue of Randys White LPC would be nice as well :D

with every little aspect the same as the original :)
even the windings of the pickups
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

They could release the full Southampton 1980 show that they used on the Mr Crowley EP and on part of Tribute. That has to be in the vault somewhere. :?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Trigger wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

... if there is any 8)
Of course there is!

What do you mean?
According Bob Daisley $haron changed some things in Randy's contract only a few days after the crash. Mrs. Rhoads had to sue the Osbournes for years to get some money. I think all this made Mrs. Rhoads paranoid forever and not wanting to let the Osbournes make any more bucks out of Randy.

I heard rumors that "After Hours" will be officially released by the Japanese in 2007, above explains maybe why it will not be released by the Osbournes themselves, as everybody would expect. Technically the Osbournes can release whatever they want, but out of respect for Mrs. Rhoads they won't. This whole situation explains why there is so little on Randy Rhoads imo.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I think as a website, we should make some sort of tribute, possibly a poster which every member can say they have had a part of!

Possibly a poster, a set of messages from us that i will send, anything you give the ideas, I would be willing to start a poster for Randy and his family.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

skezza wrote:I think as a website, we should make some sort of tribute, possibly a poster which every member can say they have had a part of!

Possibly a poster, a set of messages from us that i will send, anything you give the ideas, I would be willing to start a poster for Randy and his family.
I like the idea of that, seems real cool. We could have like a picture of Randy in the middle and us lot around him to show who he's influenced or just like him and messages like you said. If anyone goes to California anytime soon then they could place a copy by his grave. I don't know, it's up to the mods I guess.
flying dutchman wrote:According Bob Daisley $haron changed some things in Randy's contract only a few days after the crash. Mrs. Rhoads had to sue the Osbournes for years to get some money. I think all this made Mrs. Rhoads paranoid forever and not wanting to let the Osbournes make any more bucks out of Randy.
Sorry if anyone or Ozzy or anyone else who might read this finds this offensive but I find what Sharon did completely unacceptable. In my mind it kind of enforces the idea that they wouldn't let him leave because he was so good at guitar and stuff instead of letting him do what he wanted.
I find it hard to believe anyone would be that disrespectful and mean to anyone let alone Randy and the rest of his family who were suffering very very badly at the time.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Ell wrote:I find it hard to believe anyone would be that disrespectful and mean to anyone
hey, you're talking about the woman that got alotta people
throw eggs at Iron Maiden 8)
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Ell wrote:I find it hard to believe anyone would be that disrespectful and mean to anyone
hey, you're talking about the woman that got alotta people
throw eggs at Iron Maiden 8)
Yeah I know, that really annoyed me when I heard about that. Except Maiden handled it pretty well and in the end in my school everyone was on Maiden's side.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Ell wrote:in my school everyone was on Maiden's side.
I think most of the metal audience sided with Maiden 8)
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Ell wrote:in my school everyone was on Maiden's side.
I think most of the metal audience sided with Maiden 8)
Awesome 8) . Not the cleverest of Sharon's ideas!
Charvel65

Post by Charvel65 »

What am I going to do personally is go visit his grave site.
I was planning on doing it on the 20th anniversary, but the woman I was married to at the time wanted to take a family vacation to San Antonio.

My new wife knows better than to even try that stuff come March!!

The sad thing is... I was stationed in El Toro, CA. (Orange County) from 1984-1986, and didn't even know that he was buried near by!!
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Hey Charvel, we have been trying to identify where his grave was on the site, i know it was moved from one side of the grave site to the other, the original one. and possibly a picture, perhaps you could give us some details ;)