How should we celebrate Randy on the 25th anniversary?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Charvel65

Post by Charvel65 »

Skezza,
I wish I could help... But when I was in the Corps, there was no internet, and really no way to be able to find this information back in 84-86.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

thats fine. I just DONT and WILL NOT believe that nobody took a picture of the original grave. Someone took a picture of him being buried so im fairly sure on that same film someone will have taken a shot of the headstone. The reason why he was moved was because fans were tampering with the headstone, breaking pieces of and taking the soil saying it was their last memory of a desperate fan. I find it very disrespectful but he now has a wonderful tomb and thats what matters
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

I was at the funeral and can confirm that the site was definitely moved, but do not have a pic of the site. I have not been back to see Randy since then (way to hard for me :cry: ), but I plan to go next year for the anniversary celebration of his life. :D
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

There's a pic at rr.tk. He was placed in a public mausoleum, in a wall grave.
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

He was placed in a public mausoleum
The service was outside, not in the mausoleum - but, yeah he was moved there.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

From what i know, Randy was buried by a normal headstone originally. However, obviously fans decided to take advantage of the small headstone and broke bits of (like you do :roll:...). I think anyone that did that is no real fan. Breaking bits off his headstone in my opinion was the worst thing.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Well, was he outside, then moved into a public mausoleum, then into his own mausoleum?