Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ozzy hits the stage 'I Don't Know'
A different view of the crowd...
Attachments
000_0011.jpg
000_0010.jpg
What a PA this gig must of been LOUD..
What a PA this gig must of been LOUD..
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The One
Cool Member

Post by The One »

Cool shots,thanks for posting 'em.

Interesting to see Randy play with rented backline...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/4Stacks.jpg[/img]
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

TAB wrote:cool stuff man! thanks! Gives you a perspective of being there and being back a little ways away from the stage..
Tom do you have many different sets from different photographers from this gig. I know of 5 different photographers, but i'm sure this gig was well photographed.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
TAB wrote:cool stuff man! thanks! Gives you a perspective of being there and being back a little ways away from the stage..
Tom do you have many different sets from different photographers from this gig. I know of 5 different photographers, but i'm sure this gig was well photographed.
...yet, strangely, not video recorded. Well, for all we know it wasn't.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

NoQuattro wrote:...yet, strangely, not video recorded. Well, for all we know it wasn't.
Yeah this has been discussed on many threads etc. Apart from that small snippet of Randy talking to Motorhead backstage. I've asked everyone who i know who went to this gig and they all say that no cameras could be seen. So if it was ? i think it would've been shot on an 8mm hand held camera. But these photos have just seen the light of day for the first time. So we can all live in hope :wink:
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Tried to fix the photos a little. Cool to see these! Thank you for posting them!

Last edited by Silver Rhoads on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Awesome! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

That's a lot of denim. Wow.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:o I would have been great to see that show...HMH all the way!!!!
Mikel
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

TAB wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
No I don't have any others but I thought I had a scan of a magazine that had 1 photo that I didn't see posted but for the life of me I can't find it on any of my photo discs. It was 1 I saved from ebay a long time ago. Can you list the 5 sources you know?
Tom is this the magazine your thinking of ?

I remember a HM fanzine called Aardschock which had some b/w pics which i'd never seen before, but i don't have the mag. The other photographers that i know who photographed this gig are Thomas Bies (above pics) Alan Perry, Rob Ellis, Fin Costello, & Stu Campbell who had photos for sale on ebay.
A few pics which appeared in Kerrang in 1981 from the other bands who played on the same bill. I think one of them was called Paul Slattery he took pics of Motorhead, Riot and Frank Marino. So i assume he would of photographed Ozzy and the other bands.
I bought the pics at the top of the thread from a guy in the USA but i don't know if he took them or bought them from someone in the UK ?. This gig was well photographed by the music press and other non pro photographers in the crowd.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

TAB wrote: Yes I am sure there are a few more people that took pictures, it amazing how many did and still keeping them to themselves still.
Most definately i think over time when people lose interest and do boring shit like a hen pecked husband LOL!!. You start listening to different music etc.. so the photos and all your Rock music goes into the attic, loft or worse out with the garbage. Alot of people will have photographs that they think are very amatuer, as far as photographs go. But these ones ive found are very much that, but interesting to see.

I remember when i first found Alan Perry's web site and his Ozzy pics WOW!! it was the first different set of pics i'd ever seen from the 1980 tour. They are like rocking horse shit and very hard to find..Believe me... i only know of 5 dates from the UK tour that i have seen photos from. If anyone knows of any others please let me know Thanks ...it's good to share :wink: