Which show do you think will appear on the DVD?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Uhm... I wouldn´t be surprised if nothing new comes... Not to be pessimistic, but why wouldn´t there be some new stuff ou there already?
Mikel
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Its a long shot but i want it to be Montreal, That was Randys best show hands down and the rest of the bands also. Ozzy's voice was great, Randy's fills were PERFECT all around, he was right at the tip of where adding more would be to much(kinda like he did during the diary tour) but each fill talked to each other through out the songs. Randy had to have known they were recording that night and put out his best performance. I also think that he knew at some point either the Cleveland show or the Montreal show would be released as a live album. He probably was not happy with the Cleveland show because of those two mistakes in Crazy Train and put all that frustration from that show into the Montreal one to make everything right.

There is just so much power in his playing during that show, 95% of Randy fans have never heard the Montreal show and if it was released Randy would become even a bigger legend 10 fold.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I agree that Montreal was better than Cleveland but Randy was at his peak during July August 1981. I think that you should give a listen to the audience recorded Providence show as well because though not pro-recorded you can just hear how far he had mastered the songs, fills and solo's.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Right on Tigger,If it was Montreal,they would have multi-tracks ,& could be remixed too
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

TAB wrote:
Trigger wrote:I agree that Montreal was better than Cleveland but Randy was at his peak during July August 1981. .
:lol: No way he was at his peak then.
Well its true that he didn't live long enough to reach his natural peak! but mid-late summer 81 he was rolling! 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
P C M
Cool Member

Re: Which show do you think will appear on the DVD?

Post by P C M »

Yah know what (now ,this is a long shot) but.....I remember seeing a clip on the news back in /81 from Maple Leaf Gardens on CityTV. I was suppose to be at that show.....anywho,just wondering (remember in Rudy's book,Sharron talked about the live double album and it being filmed in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens before Randy's passing in /82). Could it be that a trail run of the BOO tour was filmed at MLG? I've been trying for year's to get MuchMusic/CityTV to go through the vault's with no avail. Back then,anything was possible. I'm just guessing here - nothing more. I wish I could get ahold of my buds from schoool that went to that show because the took some close shot's (photo's) on the floor's at MLG and showed them to me.

Interesting to say the least..... :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I would love to see those photo's, one thing is certain the audio from that show is great. Is Toronto one of the shows that was suggested as a show they filmed? I know Montreal is claimed to have been pro shot isn't it so maybe they had a crew with them for a few days.
I always find it odd that all the boot shows from Canada 1981 have amazing audio.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I dont think the Osbourne had any footage until recently. If anything, i think they only may have had pro shot material from 1980 with bob and lee that they could never release for obvious reasons.
Last edited by Shockwave on Fri May 14, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

P C M wrote:Yah know what (now ,this is a long shot) but.....I remember seeing a clip on the news back in /81 from Maple Leaf Gardens on CityTV. I was suppose to be at that show.....anywho,just wondering (remember in Rudy's book,Sharron talked about the live double album and it being filmed in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens before Randy's passing in /82). Could it be that a trail run of the BOO tour was filmed at MLG? I've been trying for year's to get MuchMusic/CityTV to go through the vault's with no avail. Back then,anything was possible. I'm just guessing here - nothing more. I wish I could get ahold of my buds from schoool that went to that show because the took some close shot's (photo's) on the floor's at MLG and showed them to me.

is there a link to the Toronto show anywhere? I don't think i have heard it
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Shockwave wrote:
P C M wrote:Yah know what (now ,this is a long shot) but.....I remember seeing a clip on the news back in /81 from Maple Leaf Gardens on CityTV. I was suppose to be at that show.....anywho,just wondering (remember in Rudy's book,Sharron talked about the live double album and it being filmed in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens before Randy's passing in /82). Could it be that a trail run of the BOO tour was filmed at MLG? I've been trying for year's to get MuchMusic/CityTV to go through the vault's with no avail. Back then,anything was possible. I'm just guessing here - nothing more. I wish I could get ahold of my buds from schoool that went to that show because the took some close shot's (photo's) on the floor's at MLG and showed them to me.

is there a link to the Toronto show anywhere? I don't think i have heard it

27th July 1981Toronto, 'Blizzard of Ozz' Canadian tour
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=687
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Shockwave wrote:I dont think the Osbourne had any footage until recently. If anything, i think they only may have had pro shot material from 1980 with bob and lee that they could never release for obvious reasons.
That has been talked about and the band had no money to do any live filming Ozzy didn't have a pot to piss in during his early touring days. They made the money at the end of the UK 1980 tour and went straight into pre production for the USA BOO tour. Then the money went back into the band. Dave Tangye can only remember a show without Bob & Lee being filmed. Which was in 1981 on the USA tour. Dave didn't tour after the first legg of that tour. So a concert after his time with the band could of been made. It's just weird how non of the other band members i.e Tommy, Don or Rudy have ever mentioned any shows apart from the After Hours show. It would of been the type of thing Randy would of mentioned in a post card to Jodi, Kevin Dubrow or his Mom ?. But if he ever did, it has never been mentioned.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

I recall Rudy saying when asked,Sometimes there were In-House Cameras & Sometimes they would film & sometimes they wouldnt.
I believe that there were a few Venues like Capitol theatre in Passaic NJ & a few others that are known of that would film all of their shows either for the Artist or the promoters own Archive.
Now we know for Certin this is the case for at least one of theese shows!!!!
I was watching again,Peters interview/update from 3-19-09,& he says that he
"Has them in his possesion,but cant legaly say what they or where they were from" or something along those lines. Due to "People Signing off" & whathaveyou?

I assume that this isnt the same footage that Whereagle speaks of,& I really hope that this Does exsist
More than One show!!!
So by Putting Two & Two Together Ozzy obviously had to have gotten that from Peter,and whatever else there is that may exsist will hopefully turn up for the World to See.

Its just CRAZY going over & over wondering what show this is????????I mean of all the dozens of boots & 1000s of pictures ,we still cant find any evidence or Proof,that it even exsists untill Now,So mine & alot of others Hearts were Correct when we KNEW their Just HAD to be some PRO-SHOT Footage of at least one of those Close to 200 Shows ,with all those Pics,its just Strange that all that has surfaced over the better part of 30 years were 2 Bootleg Segments of shows & that Soundcheck Footage that is of UNBELIEVABLE QUALITY Showed up,with claims of a Full Show,AHHHHHHHGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
......Breath...........It'll be here ANYDAY NOW & we'll get over the 30 years we waited

If it is the NY show,I was just reading that Randy didnt do a Spoylight Solo at either of the sets & that is dissapointing,however if there is more than one show then well????? We Can Only Imagine.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Everyone was so optimistic in this thread and now look at our forum...
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Re:

Post by Nick Hughes »

Gus wrote:Lintball said that there was a Motherlode of footage of several shows:

Chicago: May 1981 - filmed from side of stage.
Indianapolis: May 1981.
Montreal: July 1981
Port Vale: August 1981 - filmed by Motorhead's crew.
Beaumont, TX: Feb 1982 - full show, not just soundcheck.

I think the story was that his uncle Mr. Markus owned this stuff.

Feel free to add on guys if I left anything out.

We have this footage now
He was telling the truth about the Moterhead footage

We have a reason to trust him

Does anybody know how to contact him