Which show do you think will appear on the DVD?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Gus wrote:Lintball said that there was a Motherlode of footage of several shows:

Chicago: May 1981 - filmed from side of stage.
Indianapolis: May 1981.
Montreal: July 1981
Port Vale: August 1981 - filmed by Motorhead's crew.
Beaumont, TX: Feb 1982 - full show, not just soundcheck.

I think the story was that his uncle Mr. Markus owned this stuff.

Feel free to add on guys if I left anything out.
The great thing about this list is that half of it are shows we don't have audio of, I really hope what we get is something new so we have at least one more RR performance that we didn't have before. 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

If montreal is availble it will be pretty much gaurunteed that will be the show released. Randy was at his best during that show, his fills were perfect. Ozzys voice was very good on that show if not the best out of all shows. I don't think we will see anything off the diary tour as ozzy sounded like shit. He sounded really hammered on almost all the shows.

It kinda makes sense now though, i think maybe romeorose did find out something and He made that thread up about him selling Montreal footage because he may have found out it existed and ozzy saw it. Not sure how the hell he would be privy to info like this, but a coincedence would be rather far fetched if we find out this is actually one of the shows that exist.

This was the alternate show that would have been used for tribute also as has been discussed by max Norman. This coupled with the fact that there is no way in hell ozzy could re-record the vocals today on any other shows because his voice has no range at all(they have to tune to C for him these days) They need to find a shoe that he sounds good on or they won't release it
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Trigger wrote:
cableguyxx wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:It could be the Montreal show also.
According Lintball that one was filmed as well......

Why not releasing a Randy dvd box! 8)
Pat, are you thinking like me that this may be the Lintball connection, and that the story really was true? A box set? I'd have to take a week's vacation just to properly watch it!
If its a boxset! me and Patrick will fly out to watch it with you :wink:
Having a nice weekend together in NY and watch a couple of Randy shows, I'm all in! 8)
cableguyxx wrote:Pat, are you thinking like me that this may be the Lintball connection, and that the story really was true? A box set? I'd have to take a week's vacation just to properly watch it!
Who knows! But I'm still suspicious about Lintball, not sure about him. Hey said he had a tape that said "Port Vale '81" and asked me if it was in England? :shock: But to me it's hard to believe Port Vale was pro-filmed in a way one would expect how a concert would be filmed usually since there are no trails in any of the existing pics who all together give a good overview of the whole stage area. (but maybe it happened though somehow from distance?)
I asked Ross Halfin once about Port Vale and all I got was: "Nothing was filmed... Ross" . :lol:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Man,I am listining to Day on the Green 7-4-81 & they are on Fire!just unbelieveable to think this was 11:00 a.m. Outside in the California,in front of an OCEAN!(Tens of Thousands of people!!!!)!!

Day on the Green would be a Wet Dream!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

DMRX wrote:Man,I am listining to Day on the Green 7-4-81 & they are on Fire!just unbelieveable to think this was 11:00 a.m. Outside in the California,in front of an OCEAN!(Tens of Thousands of people!!!!)!!

Day on the Green would be a Wet Dream!
I've been playing guitar 20yrs this year and been a randy fan for everyone of those 20yrs and I still have not listened to that show. I just can't bring myself to listen to the really low quality bootlegs. I guess I still have something to look forward to no matter what!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Shock'

I would give this show a listen because one really good thing about this one is that it makes you feel as if you are in the Stadium.
The sound is also quiet nice and you can really hear what Randy was doing.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Trigger wrote:Hi Shock'

I would give this show a listen because one really good thing about this one is that it makes you feel as if you are in the Stadium.
I guess I'll have to give it a listen. The pictures from that show are the best! Is there a flac version anywhere or any versions better than others?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Shockwave wrote:
Trigger wrote:Hi Shock'

I guess I'll have to give it a listen. The pictures from that show are the best! Is there a flac version anywhere or any versions better than others?
not sure about other versions but our version is from my collection and is about as good as it gets. 8)
Mozart82

Post by Mozart82 »

I think Montreal would be awesome, but any of the shows will be cool. I hope its a whole show with bonus stuff. Rudy listed Beaumont, TX 82 in his book, as one of their better shows. probably minus the vocals though on that one.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

There were No Cameras at the Aragon Ballroom show.. I was there There was NONE!! I think lintball is full of it. ( I hope not) just ,my 2 cents.. I still think the vid is the capital theater show..
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

I think that it will be rock report it was towards end of 81 testing their new set by the video it looks multi-camera, its also definately pro-shot, and is multi-color and if ozzy got the originals it would be new to him and would be very good quality and also ozzy vocals seem good from the clips we have
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

TheMrAxeman wrote:I think that it will be rock report it was towards end of 81 testing their new set by the video it looks multi-camera, its also definately pro-shot, and is multi-color and if ozzy got the originals it would be new to him and would be very good quality and also ozzy vocals seem good from the clips we have
rock report was not found, that was mentioned by Peter and his staff already. That along with et are the most obvious to search for. Rock report went off the air or something a couple years later and word was nothing was saved from there archives.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

maybe they did find it but didn't say anything because ozzy would not approve it for them but wanted it for himself?
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Technically I feel after hours is the holy grail, think of it, basically a world famous band just jamming in a room pro shot. It does not get more personal than that. Now holy grail as we all speak of can't be this cause it is found already. But If there Were a few Randy shows around in full , after hours is something that people wouls want but would think that it would never be possible to happen. Basically they were playing for the tv audience since there was not one there and they new that, especially Randy.

We don't realize how lucky we are to have gotten that footage i'm that setting. Give me 3-4 more songs on after hours and that would have been perfection.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

No, they found the ET footage, why would Ozzy have said they couldn't use the Rock Report footage, but could use the ET footage???

That would make no sense whatsoever.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.