Which show do you think will appear on the DVD?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Gus
Cool Member

Which show do you think will appear on the DVD?

Post by Gus »

Ok guys, Ozzy via wyldeone told us that it's a previously unreleased gig that's going on the live DVD, and now Kelly Garni has confirmed it.

So, which gig do you think/hope it is?

I'm leaning towards San Francisco, December 1981-1st show on 'Diary' tour...but I wouldn't put money on anything yet :lol:

In light of all the rumors which one do the rest of you reckon it is?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

You know I am not sure or convinced which show/year this will be though I believe it will be a show from 1981 onwards.

I wouldn't rule out something recorded outside the USA from perhaps Britain Nov-Dec 1981 not that these have been suggested or that I think they are more likely for any good reason but the audio from this time is amazing and could have been lifted from a film. Although I still think Passic or St L' are still favorite.

And Gus the Diary tour kicked off in Europe not San Francisco! :wink: the big production shows started in the USA but things like the band jam were first played in Europe with Lyndsey Bridgewater on KB's.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

My bet is that "St. louis' show.
IF a film crew was hired by the O's then I think more shows are filmed. You're not gonna hire a film crew and film only one night.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Mr.McTaco

Post by Mr.McTaco »

Randy was resurrected and its a recent zombie-Randy show.

No but seriously, I hope it is a Diary tour.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Mr.McTaco wrote:Randy was resurrected and its a recent zombie-Randy show.

No but seriously, I hope it is a Diary tour.
Morbid, yet I laughed. Even in that form, I'm sure RR could play circles around everyone out there today.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Last edited by Gus on Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

Hey Gus,
If I remember correctly a lot of gigs were cancelled when doing the European Diary tour, this resulted in just a couple shows in England and Germany. Maybe they were scheduled to play in Belgium and France as well but I never heard they actually played there.

There are some gaps between the gigs they did in november '81, they toured with Saxon then, to check Saxon's touring history in say november '81 for gigs in Belgium or france can be a clue that Ozzy was scheduled for that as well.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Key thing to remember...If it is was a "planned" pro shot show(which i doubt) they are ALWAYS done later on in the tour towards the end as the band is very tight and all the kinks are worked out by then. I doubt it was a planned thing though as it was never seen before.

I think really though someone has been sitting on this footage for years and then finally decided to somehow get in contact with Peter and then from there Ozzy. There must have been some type of deal as to compensation and no legal worries for the person that had the tape.

At this time i think Sharon would care less about "suing" someone for illegally video taping a show of Ozzy from this precious couple years of Randy. I am sure she would wave any legal course against the person providing the show just to actually get it. I think we all forget that no matter how big of fans we are, Sharon and Ozzy were friends with this guy we all love and they would like to see new stuff just as bad as we do. Imagine how they have felt all these years having all this "private" off stage video of Randy but having nothing of him on stage. It really must have been magically for Ozzy to see something like that again and remember just what it was like to play with Randy. Ozzy probably has not listened to anything other than tribute from Randy since tributes release(when he compared montreal and the cleveland shows)

He probably has not listened to any of the live Diary tour boots since before Randy died i would not doubt at all!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Please! Any footage of this magnitude would be holy grail to those who know. I have listened to many boots as well as seen video that enlighten. Don't be a skinch, let us enlighten.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Mr.McTaco wrote:I hope it is a Diary tour.
I agree.
Last edited by P C M on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

It could be the Montreal show also.
According Lintball that one was filmed as well......

Why not releasing a Randy dvd box! 8)
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:It could be the Montreal show also.

Pat, are you thinking like me that this may be the Lintball connection, and that the story really was true? A box set? I'd have to take a week's vacation just to properly watch it!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Explain the lintball story again plz, he was the one who gave us the soundcheck footage and said there was more right?
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Lintball said that there was a Motherlode of footage of several shows:

Chicago: May 1981 - filmed from side of stage.
Indianapolis: May 1981.
Montreal: July 1981
Port Vale: August 1981 - filmed by Motorhead's crew.
Beaumont, TX: Feb 1982 - full show, not just soundcheck.

I think the story was that his uncle Mr. Markus owned this stuff.

Feel free to add on guys if I left anything out.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

cableguyxx wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:It could be the Montreal show also.

Pat, are you thinking like me that this may be the Lintball connection, and that the story really was true? A box set? I'd have to take a week's vacation just to properly watch it!
If its a boxset! me and Patrick will fly out to watch it with you :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.