OZzy and Randy footage on DVD at the end of the year

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

RRfish wrote:If you go to http://today.msnbc.msn.com/ They already have todays video up with Ozzy, my computer speakers are not working for some reason, so I have no idea what he said. But check out the timeline on the "Today show" and you'll be able to watch the interview for yourself. It's not shown here until 8:35 am, so I'll wait until then and watch the tele. Cheers !
I watched it, he said nothing pertaining to the footage. Basically, he just plugged his book and talked about years of excess and drug abuse. The one cool thing was a picture of him, Rudy, Tommy, and Randy. It was on the screen for about...oh, 3 seconds. But hey, Randy was on national TV!
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Solos wrote:Hey guys, not to be a "Buzz Killington" but I'll bet you it is the After Hours stuff. Regardless of the fact that every Randy fan in the world has probably seen it, most versions leave alot to be desired in the audio/video quality department, and the Osbournes have never officially released it in its entirety. I'm sure this "tweet" is just to create a buzz so they make a few more bucks when the product finally does comes out. I have my fingers crossed that it is a whole show of actual tour footage, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If you really think about it, Randy and Ozzy were only just gaining momentum when Randy died, and Blizzard had been out in the states what... a year maybe? That really wasn't alot of time to get the logistics of a pro shot film sorted out, not to mention the costs involved. Ozzy wasn't exactly swimming in dough during that time.
I've always had similar views on this but if Ozzy has been introduced to new video footage from PM's docu. We could be looking at an unseen show. I know if Ozzy did have any good pro shot footage of Randy he would of definately have released this before now. But we have only ever seen 'After Hours' which has been seen in different formats. I don't think Ozzy is that dumb to try and resell something that been flogged to death. The O$bournes are always trying to make a fast buck and when Ozzy isn't touring or in the studio his kids are bringing in the dough. If Dave Tangye is correct he has mentioned a show was filmed and it could be this one. Fingers crossed and positive energy :wink:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

If it turns out to be "After Hours" then it will be the joke of the century! :lol:
Anyways if I remember correctly Dave Tangye was asked specific about "After Hours" and he said it was not that one. So.....

Lets hope Kelly's announcement will enlighten our concerns soon.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
zazafromjohor

Post by zazafromjohor »

It does say... a never SEEN before footage....
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

man i would shit if it was the heavy metal halocaust port valle footage!!!!!!!!!!!just dreaming....MAN IM HYPED UP!!!!!!!!!!!
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Can't wait to see this stuff!
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

So True

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Tito wrote:man i would shit if it was the heavy metal halocaust port valle footage!!!!!!!!!!!just dreaming....MAN IM HYPED UP!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. That show would be the ultimate release. That show (from the pictures I've seen) was really magical. I looked at Ozzy and Sharon on the Today Show and was wondering if Ozzy was still "speechless" from seeing it. Gotta love the anticipation of this release.

For those that think it might simply be After Hours but shot on better quality video/sound I don't think so. Why? Years ago Ozzy had referred to that footage as being the ONLY footage shot of Randy. I really do think (fingers crossed) it's something new and special. (Ozzy don't make me look like a fool.)
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Mr.McTaco

Post by Mr.McTaco »

Hell yes!
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

Ozzy and Sharon will be opie and Anthony (xm radio 202) in 15 mins. Let's try to get through and ask about the footage.
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

ammalato wrote:Ozzy and Sharon will be opie and Anthony (xm radio 202) in 15 mins. Let's try to get through and ask about the footage.
That's amazing because she's on the Today show today. Is it an old broadcast or maybe just Ozzy?
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

It's not unusual that people appear on several media outlets in the same day when in NYC. Most of the buildings (xm, NBC, fox) are all within walking distance
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

He could of gotten the ones from Lintball
1981 May 18th - Indianapolis
1981 May 24th - Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL ( Lintball said there were camera's there while he attended)
1981 July 31th - Montreal
1981 Aug 1th - Port Vale, Heavy Metal Holocaust, UK
1982 Feb 18th - Beaumont, Texas (including soundcheck we've seen)
Could be
Rock Report
2 on the Town
ET

Could be what Dave Tangye said
St. Louis or New Jersey

Could be 4/24/81 show at Passaic, NJ
that venue had an in-house camera setup.

or could be "Day on the Green' July 4th 1981
etc.
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

It has to be good quality otherwise ozzy wouldn't be releasing it on a live DVD
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Interesting

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Here is something interesting about how Ozzy delivered this message on Twitter.

Just watched never before seen footage of Randy and me from 1981. I’m speechless. I will share with you later this year on a live dvd 1:38 PM Jan 22nd from web

So, been in the studio all week tracking the new Ozzy record. Should be done with my parts by Sunday. Sorry for my absence here. 10:18 AM Jan 22nd from Seesmic

He's recording his new record and watching this new footage at the same time. Interesting...Must have been at his house all this time. Isn't that where his recording studio is at?
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...