My 1st trip to Randy's grave

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

FiddlePickr

My 1st trip to Randy's grave

Post by FiddlePickr »

Hello all. I am planning my 1st trip to the west coast to coincide with March 19 so I can be there for the gathering at Mt. View. I am finally taking the cross country train trip I have always wanted to take! Any info from anyone concerning nearby motels/hotels (hopefully inexspensive, within walking distance) time of the gathering, phone number for Musonia(I'd like to take a tour if possible), and vegetarian restaraunts etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm sure some of our American visitors can help you out Frank or Gina who have done the trip should be able to give you some answers. I trust you'll come back and give us your road trip review. I'm sure you'll have a great time and an emotional one at that. It's something i'd love to do but it's an expensive journey for us UK fans. Have any UK or European fans done the trip ?.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

I will try and help you as much as I can. I live in burbank, and am not far away from Musonia. PM me and hopefully I can help you out with some of the details. I'll do me best!
Now if you plan on staying near the cemetery, remember, that is waaaaaaaayyyy far from Musonia. Best time for a tour is a weekday. Definately call ahead and let them know. They are very hospitable and accomodating for out of state vistors.
FiddlePickr

Post by FiddlePickr »

So I bought my train ticket, I'll be leaving Connecticut on Friday March 12th. I will arrive in Cal. on the 15th. I have an appointment to see Musonia on the 16th, then I will find my way to san Bernadino for the gathering on the 19th. I am bringing my camera and hopefully will have access to internet at some point to post the pics.
Anybody else on here going that day? I would love to meet you.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Will you silently send love from Cpt Matt when you are there?
The best of luck to you on your trip. Be safe and have a good time!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
gtraddict

Post by gtraddict »

I'm considering going myself - I live in Phoenix so I can make the drive in 6 or 7 hours. It will depend on my medical scheduling however, as I'm currently having radiation treatments for cancer. Hopefully, my schedule will be cleared and allow a roadtrip.
[url=http://www.vintagecharvels.com/][img]http://www.vintagecharvels.com/images/avatars/sig_blk.gif[/img][/url]
FiddlePickr

Post by FiddlePickr »

Hope to see you there, gtraddict! And hope all is going well with your treatments!
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Hey man, I FINALY got to your email. replied back. I think you're gonna have a memorable trip!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

This was my 1st visit in 2002
FiddlePickr

Post by FiddlePickr »

I have seen this photo so many times...one of us Randy fans in front of his tomb. I can't believe that soon I'll have one of me there too! It's interesting to me how all of the pictures look so alike, with the exception of the person standing in front. I wonder if we could put up a thread of everyone who has a picture of themselves in front of his tomb? Personally, I think that would be cool.
pinto79

Post by pinto79 »

I've been there twice. It's really a must do for any Randy fan.

I didn't cry at my grandmother's funeral, but I had tears for Randy standing there in front of his tomb.
FiddlePickr

Post by FiddlePickr »

Well, I'm almost all packed up and ready to leave. I am leaving this Friday 3/12 by train and will arrive in California on 3/15. I am going to check out Musonia and then go to the Memorial on 3/19. I hope to see some of you there. This will be my last post for a while as I am packing up my computer tonight to prepare to store it with a friend. Long Live Randy Rhoads!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Good luck and take some photographs to show us :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.