IS THIS THE RANDY DOCUMENTARY AT SUNDANCE!!! HAVE A LOOK!!!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

edvice

IS THIS THE RANDY DOCUMENTARY AT SUNDANCE!!! HAVE A LOOK!!!

Post by edvice »

[Ed Vice!] This is not a definate...but look what I found on the schedule at Sundance 2010...I heard the Doc. could be disguised as a foreign film!!!
Have a look for yourself!!! This might be the Randy Rhoads Doc we've been waiting years for!!!
Last Train Home / Canada (Director: Lixin Fan)—Getting a train ticket in China proves a towering ordeal as a migrant worker family embarks on a journey, along with 200 million other peasants, to reunite with their distant family. U.S. Premiere.

http://festival.sundance.org/2010/press ... em-091203b

Eddie
------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/randyrhoads.society
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

No Ed, this documentary, is what my friend had told me Sundance was sponsoring monetarily awhile back. It is about Chinese immigrants. Same Title, different doc. That's why I was wondering if Randy's film title would be changed. PM shows "Last Train Home", as a working title for his doc. Obviously not entered in time. To bad! Hope everything works out for you though. Take care ! :fish:
edvice

Post by edvice »

Thanks for the info Fish and greatly appreciate the support!!! Best wishes to you as well...Cheers!

Eddie 8)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Why would he disguise his film as a foreign film?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Im in Britain so for me it is a foreign film! :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:Im in Britain so for me it is a foreign film! :lol:
We'll make sure to get it subtitled for you then!
edvice

Post by edvice »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Trigger wrote:Im in Britain so for me it is a foreign film! :lol:
We'll make sure to get it subtitled for you then!
Nice one Ian...hehe :D

Anyway Paul, someone else had mentioned it could be disguised as a foreign film...so I picked up on that. However to be more specific it would not have to be disguised as a foreign film but more likely as any film under an assumed name just to get it entered and the final product being something completely different(Different name/Completed film/Different film). Foreign film would be an educated choice because people would not be looking in the foreign film roster of releases at Sundance for an American Documentary about an American Guitarrist right! Of course this is all hogwash unless one was trying to "Disguise" a film in the first place. So the first reason to do such a thing would be as I said just to get it entered into the festival and the final product being completely different from what was originally entered. This ensures a spot for the film no matter what happens in the interim in terms of editing and the final product.
Another reason is logically to keep everyone guessing, as we know by us often speculating it creates a buzz about the film and is in essence one solid form of publicity for the Doc. If we had a concrete knowledge of all that was going on with the film there would be no speculation...everyone would be on the same page...and things would be peaceful and happy in Randy Rhoads Land...no such luck!
Finally one huge problem that I take note of is that of in our age of rapidfire technology there is the inevitability of and threat of leaks and piracy. Even the biggest of hollywood films...go to crazy lengths to keep newly and unreleased films from being pirated and yet there is always a leak and the film gets out on the internet and poof...millions of dollars lost. So by keeping everything secret, specifically the name of the doc., it's contents, and release and distribution schedule, there is more chance that the final release will be safe at least for a short time and make a dent in the productions cost as well as a possible profit which is inevitable and necessary evil when someone is financing a film, otherwise films would never be made. Obviously this is changing as well because any old Joe can now make a film in their living room as a result of technological advances as you know.