What Really Happened with www.RandyRhoads.us

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Devil's Advocate

What Really Happened with www.RandyRhoads.us

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Hello everyone!

Ok so I know some of you are probably wondering what the hell do I know about this. Well, I'm the assistant that sent out all the e-mails to the members to notify them that the website was no longer online. I would like to first of all apologize to the members of the site, especially those who paid for their membership. I don't know how the money will be dealt with, but I am talking to Kelly about coming up with a way to refund you the money with free gifts.

Now to the details of the current problem...

First of all Kelly did not own the website, nor did he receive any money that was accrued during the websites run. The only person who had access to that money was the owner. Some of you from the website know that the money we received was to help pay for a charity that Kelly wanted to make in the memory of Randy. However after some thinking and investigation into making a charity, Kelly decided to support The Little Kids Rock Organization. Kelly and with the help of Jackson Guitars donated two Bloodline Guitars that were of the Rhoads body type. The Little Kids Rock Organization has received those guitars that were donated. The reason why I am stating this, is because some people believe that the kid who was to receive the guitar was actually going to be the owner who ran the website. Well I'm here to tell you that's not true. As for the website, we didn't know this was going to happen. To Kelly it is a slap in the face to Randy and I agree. That website was created to keep Randy's memory alive and strong, and a way for Kelly to share his memories of Randy with the fans. To see it be sold/traded like its nothing more than some cheap car is sad and I find it to be appalling. It was not Kelly's decision to charge for the website but the owner. That is why Kelly is going to create his own website like the randyrhoads.us one and have it be free to all Randy fans. I ask that you, the Randy fans, show your support for Kelly. He really does feel like he let you down and he feels like he's going to be slammed hard for this one. Yes, we did receive criticism about the website when we first announced it and I know we're going to receive a lot of "I told you so", but so what. We took that risk because keeping Randy's memory alive is more important. It's important not only to the Rhoads family, Kelly and the fans, but it's also important for the younger generations to know that their is this Guitar Hero named Randy Rhoads, who had a passion and love for music.

When Randy was young he told this to Kelly:
Five years from now I would love to have people know me as a Guitar Hero.

With this website, the randyrhoads.us one, and all the other ones dedicated to Randy, we're fulfilling that dream that Randy had. It doesn't matter which websites are more popular or which ones fade fast. All that matters is that the people who took the time to make their websites help Randy fulfill that dream. I know that to me Randy will always be not only a Guitar God but also an amazing person, because I see it though Kelly's memories of Randy and I see it through you the fans.

Thank you,
Alexis a.k.a. Devil's Advocate
Just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above and make our own destiny...
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

The only fault I can see in Kelly is his wanting to always see the best in people and trusting someone who was slippery. That in many ways is a commendable quality.

When you get slapped in the face, it can be all too easy to lose that optimism, but don't! There are way more good people than bad. The friends I have on here all speak highly of Kelly (online and in private) so I don't think he should feel bad.

Thanks for the update and I am sure it will all work out.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
gtraddict

Post by gtraddict »

As for people who paid the yearly subscription and will not get refunded, they are indeed entitled to a refund - the terms & conditions state that features may be added or deleted without refund, but not that the site can disappear and you are screwed. Affected persons should immediately file a claim with Paypal, and if those people were smart and used a credit card to fund the transaction, they will also have the option to file claim with their credit card company if Paypal does not cooperate. The credit card company will definitely issue a refund, but only within 6 months of the transaction.

I have been involved in the subscription based web site business for 11+ years and know only too well how the system works.

Anyone due a refund that wishes to contact the person responsible should simply follow this link for the public whois data:
http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIsRegData.asp ... id=godaddy
[url=http://www.vintagecharvels.com/][img]http://www.vintagecharvels.com/images/avatars/sig_blk.gif[/img][/url]
Devil's Advocate

Ok so I have to make some changes to the statement that I made up above...
The money went back into the website, all of it and the owner did make sure of that. The owner has in no way shape or form benefited from this website as well and for that I apologize if I have caused anyone to believe otherwise. The person who helped us create the website helped Kelly big time with making this site happen and for that Kelly is grateful. Also I need to recant my statement about the charging issue. The reason for the charging was to help pay for anything that needed to be done with the website and for it to also help pay for the Future Randys of the World Charity that Kelly and this website wanted to start, but when Kelly and the website decided to go with The Little Kids Rock Organization, the money was strictly used for maintenance on the website. I should have read over what I was typing and sadly I didn't and to the owner I apologize for that. I made the mistake by deleting a good portion of the post... Sorry guys.
Just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above and make our own destiny...
edvice

Post by edvice »

I agree with Matt....Word! 8)
Eddie
bebebear

Post by bebebear »

Thank You Alexis for everything you've done & all the updates! Kelly once again was taken in by this "person" & if Kelly is guilty of anything, it's being too trusting. He had absolutely NO pre-warning that "the owner" was deciding to sell the site or had even been considering selling the site at ANY time. When he recieved news that the owner was going to sell the site it was sent to him in an e-mail (the "owner" up & until that time had spoken to Kelly on the phone EVERY single day, sometimes twice a day) suddenly the "owner" decided to take the cowards way out & email Kelly & he said, "he was "too busy" to maintain or participate on the site anymore & that Kelly had 24hrs. to either pay $2000 or make a trade with a new Jackson Rhoads series guitar to keep the site up & running. He wanted Kelly to call the Jackson people & said "work your magic, Kelly & get me that guitar". The "owner" was very clear with his "demands". After the"initial" message the "owner" then followed it up by shutting down the site & he sent Kelly probably three more text messages on the phone. Too cowardly to call Kelly after speaking to Kelly almost daily. This occured on the day that Kelly had JUST recieved the news that his friend & fellow Randy fan, Jeff Findley, had passed away. Kelly was in mourning & shock over that news already, so he got double bad news that day.
Kelly has always tried to do his best & been extremely generous & accommodating to his fans & the Randy fans. You are Kelly's friends, that's how Kelly see's you all. This news came as yet another blow to Kelly & he has been not only mentally strained by it but physically sick from it. The "owner" has now decided to "threaten" Alexis, Kelly's assistant, because she has tried to keep everyone updated on the circumstances that have occured. We "did not see this coming", as much as everyone keeps saying in the posts, the "owner" promised Kelly he had "changed his ways" & he wanted to be "trusted & believed "again, & Kelly, being the kind of man he is, had enough passion & trust to believe that. The "owner" spoke not only to Kelly, but to the Rhoads family & Sharon Osbourne, completely assuring everyone that he had been terribly maligned in the past & wanted to clear his name, which Kelly was doing by allowing his reputation & trust to align himself with the "owner".
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I have always believed that anyone can change. Past behavior can be forgiven. So I also gave Steve the benefit of the doubt. I even enjoyed chatting with him on the .us site. It saddens me that he has once again behaved in a manner to piss everyone off. I was hoping those days were behind us.

Steve, if you read this, I'd like to hear your side of the story... PM me and let me know what's going on.

Alexis, thanks for all that you have done, you must be a blessing to Kelly.
Devil's Advocate

Thanks Paul!

As for Steve: Those of you who got to witness all the website had to offer, Steve made that possible. He did a great job with the website and I'll be honest the man deserves some credit for creating a pretty sick website. I was only involved with Steve when it came to helping Kelly understanding the website and I'm going to base my personal opinion on Steve with that interaction that we had.
kevinkyle46542

Post by kevinkyle46542 »

sorry to you devils advocate and everyone who got taken in by "the owner" again.....espcaillay sorry to mr. garni. and to him i say bro not all fans are like that goof. please keep being yourself. and you i know are a good dude you just got duped like alot of people do.. you will recover and move on and i am also very sorry for the recent loss of your friend.
rock on rhoads community
KK
calsin

Post by calsin »

bebebear wrote: suddenly the "owner" decided to take the cowards way out & email Kelly & he said, "he was "too busy" to maintain or participate on the site anymore & that Kelly had 24hrs. to either pay $2000 or make a trade with a new Jackson Rhoads series guitar to keep the site up & running. He wanted Kelly to call the Jackson people & said "work your magic, Kelly & get me that guitar". The "owner" was very clear with his "demands". After the"initial" message the "owner" then followed it up by shutting down the site & he sent Kelly probably three more text messages on the phone. Too cowardly to call Kelly after speaking to Kelly almost daily. This occured on the day that Kelly had JUST recieved the news that his friend & fellow Randy fan, Jeff Findley, had passed away. Kelly was in mourning & shock over that news already, so he got double bad news that day.
Quit making excuses for this guy. Garni specifically went to Tennessee to hook up with this Blevins dude because he was pissed at Margolis. He knew that SAB was also pissed at Margolis from the previous movie web site. Then, to complete his bizarre trip, he goes to WV to do that strange video with Romeo Rose. I know you guys are starstruck, but this Garni's judgement is weird. I can see why he got booted from QR. And you people wonder why Margolis wants nothing to do with these boards and the people associated with them. You all got a few screws loose, Garni included.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bebebear

Post by bebebear »

Kelly NEVER EVER went to see Blevin's PERIOD. That IS an out an out MIS-statement.
Devil's Advocate

Calsin

Kelly has never seen SAB in person. He has only interacted with him through e-mail, phone and text. The reason why Steve collaborated with Kelly on the website is because he wanted try and make things right. I know this because Steve told me himself and so did Kelly.
bebebear

Post by bebebear »

Well, actually Kelly met Steve once, at the gravesite but only one time. Kelly NEVER went to visit Steve. The video Kelly made with Romeo was the ultimate "tongue& cheek" sarcastic folly! Kelly had fun making that with Romeo!!! Romeo has actually redeamed himself quite a bit & he took alot of hard knocks as well as he gave them for sure!
Devil's Advocate

Caslin, on the statement I made about Kelly and SAB's interaction pertains solely to website.