Documentary Update?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Documentary Update?

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I'm not sure why this is finally being reported in the mainstream now. I'm only putting it up here because it's being made official. Facebook is so much quicker. This seems like snail mail to me now that I think of it.

Source: King Hesh

11/05 - Guitarist Randy Rhoads Documentary In Final Stages

Director Peter M. Margolis of Dakota Pictures is rapidly approaching the final stages of editing and post-production on "Randy Rhoads: Last Train Home" (working title), the long-awaited documentary film on the life of celebrated rock guitarist Randy Rhoads (OZZY OSBOURNE, QUIET RIOT). Margolis is reaching out to anyone who may have a candid photo of Rhoads to contribute to the film. He seems to have an abundance of photos of Randy on stage but would love to have some more off-stage photos of Randy, such as Randy in a hotel lobby, at a record signing or backstage at a concert. Anything in focus would be greatly appreciated.

If you have anything similar to what is described above, e-mail Peter at his MySpace Page.

Margolis and his crew started filming on March 19, 2007, when hundreds of fans gathered at Rhoads' grave in San Bernardino, California to commemorate the 25th anniversary of his death. Since then, Margolis has filmed more than 100 interviews, with Rhoads' family and friends and people who worked with him. The list of names includes Kelli Garni, the original bassist in Quiet Riot; Carlos Cavazo, the guitarist in the "Metal Health" line-up of Quiet Riot; Sarzo and his brother Robert, who was considered as a replacement for Rhoads in Ozzy's band; Jodi Raskin, Rhoads' girlfriend at the time of his death; Grover Jackson, whose company made Rhoads' signature guitars; Randy's brother Kelle, who's wearing the silver "RR" ring Rhoads had on when he died; and MOUNTAIN guitarist and '70s legend Leslie West, one of Rhoads' idols.

A number of photos taken at Randy Rhoads's gravesite at the Mountain View Cemetery in San Bernardino, CA on March 19, 2007 have been posted online at this location:

http://themetalden.com/index.php?p=3411
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...