How I got Rhoads autograph

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Lespauly
Cool Member

How I got Rhoads autograph

Post by Lespauly »

My first post here--I do like this site and just found it-glad to see others still into RR..Anyway I saw the D.O.A.M tour in B-ham AL and was blown away by Randys live sound as I play guitar also and had found a new favorite with Rhoads. After the show the bus is in back of the hall so like Ive done before I walk around and wait for the band to come out. Well Randy and Rudy have already got on the bus. I see Randy in the window drinking a Michelob and watching tv on the drivers side of the bus. I tap on the bus drivers window and ask him to get Randy to sign a Diary backstage pass for me that some roadie had just given me..He gets up and hands it to Randy and he signs it and then hands it back to me..I asked him to get Randy to come talk to me but its cold and raining and RR declines..Later Tommy comes out and some drunk guy is right at the bottom of the stairs and falls down and Tommy walks right over him.. I left after that as it was cold. Yep its the same bus in the crash and I assume the same driver of the plane..A portly guy with a moustache I do recall..Weird I touched hands with the guy that killed RR a few weeks later
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: How I got Rhoads autograph

Post by Tito »

that is so beautiful pauly!!!!you actually saw randy drinkin a michelob kinda like an old pic of him doing the same cant remember which mag i saw it in...and you were so lucky to shake hands with andy and see tommy kick a drunk guy and also watch randy say i aint goin out in that cold...must have sucked for you that day to see so much nastiness and be a part of history...your one lucky guy dude!!!!!WOW!!!
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

I wish I Was there!
The One
Cool Member

Post by The One »

Cool story. Got a photo of the autograph?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/4Stacks.jpg[/img]
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

I got the pic from his roadie..
Attachments
P1010252.JPG
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

:shock: wow amazing story, yea that had to be Andrew Ayecock. Too bad he didn't come out to talk, what happened to me before the show , I ran around to find the bus and they were already inside, I do remember seeing the tour bus.. its' surreal now..Ah, Michelob cool, decent taste in beer :lol:
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Wow! That's amazing! I wish I was around inn the 70's and 80's to get his autograph!
scooterh67

Post by scooterh67 »

Cool story and a awesome autographed backstage pass, very nice!! thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!!! 8)

Scott
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx for sharing that Pauly! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Cool story! Thanks