Rudy Sarzo's book

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

I think were all beginning to wonder..... :cry:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
damonk

Post by damonk »

The excerpts in the March Guitar World were ok and I wiil of course be buying the book when it appears ,but the ageless Rudy(doesn't seem to change much ,ever) is not a great writer; but the entusiasm he imparts on the page demonstrate how keen he was and how special the shows with Randy were. The hold up is with the publisher? Why I don't fully understand, but the lovely Sharon is not pleased about the book and is doing her best to stifle its release; which is a real shame.
funk49

Post by funk49 »

I wonder what could be in the book that Sharon doesn't want published?? To me it seems most of their (the Osbourmes ) dirty laundry has already been aired in some form or another. The book really must contain something bad or Sharon is that much of a control freak when it pertains to Randy. I don't know?? :?
FUNK49
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

exactly, the affair with Randy and Sharon is already known about, its not like there can be much more that could be bad!
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

My guess is that she undoubtedly has plans for some epic Ozzy memoir in the not so distant future. Anyone connected with Osbourne, past or present, poses a threat.....should they have the utter gall to tell their own version of a story that she obviously must feel belongs to her.........and her alone. Personally...I'd rather hear Sarzo's version. I personally do not dislike Sharon Osbourne...I just think that ANY version of ANY portion of Ozzy's history, approved by her, of course, would be too sanitized and too self serving.
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Where is everyone getting the info that Sharon is causing the delay?

I would think the publisher might be having second thoughts because Randy Rhoads isn't a big name and the book will only have a limited audience. Most publishers won't put out a book that isn't going to bring a profit in return.

Not to mention, Delores is usually the one putting the hold on any books about her son.
funk49

Post by funk49 »

Xanadu I couldn't agree with you more I think Sharon has put the whammy on the book. :x
FUNK49
funk49

Post by funk49 »

I have a radio show where Rudy gets interveiwed and actually says that Sharon has put a halt to his book( forgot I had it). :oops: I would post it here but I don't know how. Maybe somebody could help or post it. It's about 30 minutes long.
FUNK49
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

funk49 wrote:I have a radio show where Rudy gets interveiwed and actually says that Sharon has put a halt to his book( forgot I had it). :oops: I would post it here but I don't know how. Maybe somebody could help or post it. It's about 30 minutes long.
Hey funk,
if you have any instant messaging software, you can send me the audio, ill upload it for you. Thanks for the consideration
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Funk49...That would be an interesting interview to hear, if possible. Thanks.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

I know initially, she did have influence in the book not being published. She had some sort of business connection with the publisher that Sarzo was working with..... threatening to sever those ties($$$$) if the book was allowed to go forward. That was some months ago. If that influence is still happening now, who knows. :roll: I would just like to see the book come out sometime during my lifetime.
funk49

Post by funk49 »

I sent the file to Skeezza for him to post I think :? . I'm kind of a dumb### when it comes to some of this computing stuff. I hope he got the file.
FUNK49
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Hey funk,
no sadly i didnt get it. You can either email it me, or you can send it through PM. Good luck
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Hey Funk......If you think your computing skills leave a bit to be desired, I've got you beat. I'm lucky just to get the damn thing turned on!!! :lol:
funk49

Post by funk49 »

Hey Skezza I sent it to via email 3 times. Have you received any emails from me? I don't know if it takes some time since you are in England and I'm in Indiana. My wife is English and when she emails here parents it seems to take a bit of time before they recieve them.
FUNK49