Rudy Sarzo's book

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

hey funk,
yep, it sometimes does take time, especially if the attachment is big. If i dont recieve it, ill work out another way through PM with you.
big thanks for making the effort though,
all us fans appreciate it!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Xanadu wrote:I would just like to see the book come out sometime during my lifetime.
Now, wait a minute X, please stay reasonable !!!

Like I said within this century,. :lol: :lol:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Yeah but Dutch.....I'm so damn old now that probably I've only got about another 30 to 40 years left to go!!! So the clock is ticking!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

RockyRhoads wrote:Where is everyone getting the info that Sharon is causing the delay?

I would think the publisher might be having second thoughts because Randy Rhoads isn't a big name and the book will only have a limited audience. Most publishers won't put out a book that isn't going to bring a profit in return.

Not to mention, Delores is usually the one putting the hold on any books about her son.
Mr. DuBrow also said it was Sharon, i.e. he gave the initials SO.
The Flying Dutchman

Xanadu wrote:Yeah but Dutch.....I'm so damn old now that probably I've only got about another 30 to 40 years left to go!!! So the clock is ticking!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe someone can pass this to Rudy? :lol:
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Yeah Dutch.....Maybe I could be the POSTERCHILD :P :P :P for all of the beleaguered Randy fans waiting(.....and waiting) for this book!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Follis wrote:
RockyRhoads wrote:Where is everyone getting the info that Sharon is causing the delay?

I would think the publisher might be having second thoughts because Randy Rhoads isn't a big name and the book will only have a limited audience. Most publishers won't put out a book that isn't going to bring a profit in return.

Not to mention, Delores is usually the one putting the hold on any books about her son.
Mr. DuBrow also said it was Sharon, i.e. he gave the initials SO.
No disrespect, but I don't believe everything Kevin DuBrow says when it comes to the Osbournes... or Rudy for that matter...

Maybe they are stopping the publishing, but maybe not... it doesn't really matter to me, I was not impressed with the excerpts in the Guitar World issue.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Thanks Funk49, here is a sound clip from a radioshow of rudy letting out what happened. All credit goes to funk :).

http://webcreations-uk.com/RR/sarzo.mp3

its 9 meg big so save target as for replaying ;)
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Funk...Thank you for taking the time and for all of your efforts. :wink: You to, Skezza!!! :) Very interesting interview. Again, I can't wait for this book to come out. I'm sure it will be a great read..... 8)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Interesting, that sets me straight, thanks guys...
The Flying Dutchman

Thank guys for the interview! :D

Hey X,
I did hear Rudy telling that the book will be released. :wink: :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

That was a great listen and I think he sounds like a really decent guy. I feel sorry for the way his book has been handled, some of the things I have read on the net about him and the book have made me feel ashamed to be a Randy fan.
I think that it will be a great read and Like Xanadu said I have about 40 years of life left so I hope I get to read it!!!! I don't see how it will be a bad or dishonest read as has been hinted by others.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

I would be interested in reading ANY book written by ANY former bandmember of Randy's. Since NO ONE has stepped up to the plate in almost a QUARTER CENTURY........EXCEPT SARZO..........I feel he should be COMMENDED for making the attempt. The book has been previewed by the Rhoads family and has been given complete support. THAT is strong enough validation for me.
funk49

Post by funk49 »

AMEN X !! I couldn't agree more!
FUNK49
AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

Rudy has had to change publishers. Rudy was having the book published by Cherry Lane publishing, and that is the same publisher that has the rights to all the Ozzy catalog of tab books.

Sharon has told the publisher that if they release Rudy's book, then Sharon will withdrawl publishing rights from Cherry Lane.

So Rudy has sought out a different publisher.

Also, a tiny tidbit why I think Sharon does not want the book to come out is because SHE SLEPT WITH ANOTHER PERSON TOO WHO WAS INVOLVED IN THE BLIZZARD TOUR. ! Another person besides RR. ! LOL ...

:shock:
Randy Rhoads Rules.