Fav Randy song you can play, or would like to play.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sumdood2

Fav Randy song you can play, or would like to play.

Post by sumdood2 »

Whats your one randy song that you just couldnt stop playing once you learned it, and still is sweet to play? Mine was def. Dee, i learned it when i first started fingerstyle guitar, and once I finally got it down i was siked. I still play it everyday to warm up.
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

I'd say Crazy Train and Mr. Crowley. I must have played those hundreds of times 8)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

As a drummer I only get a few intros that really define those classic songs (Over the mountain, little dolls) but I did play Mr. Crowley in a band a few years ago.
I never wanted to play in one of those Ozzy tribute bands I feel the real challenge is writing original music. I have fun blasting out covers like Randy did back in the QR days but like him in the Ozzy years original is the way to go. 8) , I still play along to the tracks on a headset when I am practicing alone.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Crazy Train, Mr Crowley and Steal Away were always what I used to play along to, now I play dee and Diary quite a bit as well.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Infact I change my mind, THEY'RE ALL GOOD :D (woooooo, yeeeeeey)
Rob200
Cool Member

Post by Rob200 »

Crazy Train, Over the Mountian, Diary of a Madman, and Dee
"..After a week still I didn't believe it. You know I'm really proud and honored, and..I don't want to stop hear you know.."
Randy Rhoads @ the MTV Best New Talent Award
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Crazy Train when I learned to finger tap
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

I'd like to play the sato solo! not the most melodic of his but still very memorable. it just sounds like he knows the guitar like the back of his hand!
Its always sounded so complicated and difficult. such an impressive sounding solo.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

I've always loved playing the intro to DIARY but, as for as solos it would have to be TONIGHT or REVELATION.
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
sumdood2

Post by sumdood2 »

actually i just realized when i have an acoustic in my hand i play Diary of a Madman just as much as Dee, so i guess they are both my favs haha
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

BrianL wrote:I'd like to play the sato solo! not the most melodic of his but still very memorable. it just sounds like he knows the guitar like the back of his hand!
Its always sounded so complicated and difficult. such an impressive sounding solo.
So would I! That's one of my favourates to listen to. Problem is when I learn a song I find it harder to enjoy listening to the original because I know what they are doing. I prefur if I can just hear the music and enjoy it that way and so I can't choose whether to learn that solo or not because I enjoy listening to it so much! :lol:
dead_ninja

Post by dead_ninja »

my favorite song would have to be Mr. Crowley and my favorite solo i could play would have to be Revelation (Mother Earth)
easter

my fave Rhoads song to play

Post by easter »

I enjoy playing Flying high again and No bone movies
strat2tele1

Post by strat2tele1 »

Diary of a Madman...love the eery feels and the solo is sweet
Charvel65

Post by Charvel65 »

Mine would have to be Diary of a Madman!!
I can only do the begining (up to the part the singing starts), but I just love playing it!!