Everyone, please listen to what I have to say RE: Trailer

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Damn!!! I don't check the board for two days and look what I missed!

So, who did see it? Was it 63 kinds of awesome? I'll bet it was pretty damn good. Anything of particular interest?

I can see where the parties involved are a little miffed that it got leaked, but come on, throw us a goddamn bone here. It's gonna be a long wait to September 2010.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Paul Wolfe wrote:So all these charges for posting a video clip that generated interest in a film a lot of people had written off?

Hopefully 'source' you are just another idiot trying to stir shit up. This was a twelve hour event and should be left in the past in my opinion.
Couldn't have said it better myself, Paul.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

I just pray Delores is alive to see the finished product. She is no spring chicken. To me that's what the focus should be on. Get it done for Delores and the family own up to what was agreed upon. Three years is a long frigging time to shoot a movie. They did two parts of the Lord of the rings story in that timeframe. Finish the damn thing already.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

I have prayed about the same thing. Exactly, that has been my biggest concern about this film. Mama deserves to see this completed, no if ,whens , or buts, about it. To me, and I am sure many others, that would be the most horrible outcome. And I think people should ask the hard questions as to why this has taken so freaken long? I know definitely, I will never pay to see the Ozzy Doc. I don't even want to see it. If Delores never gets to see this to fruition, I will never pay to see this either. No Way ! When it floats into obscurity, as it may, if they don't get their acts together, I may download it off of Youtube. It is becoming more and more clear to me, that this is an inexperienced crew putting this together. I am sorry, but this does tick me off. The thought of Delores never seeing this absolutely offends me. Now you've got me going Paiste! Fishychops Out! :fish: :fish: :cry:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Amazing the difference a day can make, nice to see that people seem to be coming to their senses on this one. that is all i have to say on this, i wouldn't no where to start so why bother typing rubbish :D

In other news; a damn pidgeon just flew into my house :o

NO SHIT! the thing scared the crap out of me :shock: :oops: :lol:

Rob
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Take precautions! "The Rise of Lord Pigeon"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObSCX1o6ZBI

:fish:
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

Well Fishy not to bring my real life drama into the board but I lost my mother this past Monday and she was 78. I know Delores is older and isn't doing so well. It just made me think why the hell is this taking three years. It's not like there is a plethora of special effects and CGI stuff going on. I just see it from the Rhoads families point of view finish it for her not the fans.

They need to quit making petty excuses and finish it. It's not like they have a orchestra to record and mix down. They need to edit it and put a music track with it and add in some whistles and bells. I wonder what Kathy and Kelle and thinking about the three year long trek.

Maybe Garni will chime in, it just seems odd and sad. I like you Fishy pray she gets to see the documentary to provide some hope and closure on Randy's life. Maybe then she can be at peace with it.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Paiste2002 wrote:Well Fishy not to bring my real life drama into the board but I lost my mother this past Monday and she was 78.
Craig, I am sorry to hear that! I really am. Words on message boards don't mean much for this huge loss but I sincerely wish you well and send you my best.

How many times must we keep reminding ourselves to live now nd be grateful for what we have. Life is just one chance.

Mattxx
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Paiste2002 wrote:It's not like there is a plethora of special effects and CGI stuff going on.
There's not? Damn! Without the CGI stuff this film just look like a documentary or something :D I'm sure Randy blew some stuff up in his life or was in a high-speed multi-county car chase at the very least... we're gonna need some action!

:D :D :D :D
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

:lol: I do wonder why it's taking so long though...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Having never made a film, I can only speculate, but it seems that the editing process could take a long time. In addition there are often unforeseen setbacks, such as people not returning contracts in a timely manner, having to wait for bank decisions on loans, etc. From the inside it may seem that progress is being made daily, while from the outside, we are simply waiting.

Ever wait for a bus? The waiting seems to go on forever, while in reality the bus is continuously moving towards us the entire time. Does that analogy make sense?
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Oh Craig I'm so sorry for your loss, Mamas are very special people and this hits home for me as well. I lost my sweet Mama in November, and I sometimes think I will never get over it. She was really like a best friend to me and was 83.

I can tell by your posts that you feel passionately about this situation. Delores, I think is 86 ,amazing as it may be, but a very strong women all her life. It does worry me tremendously that this Production team is flying by the seat of their pants, and not getting the job done for the person it will mean the most to. Even as I write this I am starting to cry, at the thought of Delores not seeing this film.

In one of your last post you had written about how long it took to shoot "Lord of the Rings" . My son has worked on major motion pictures which took under a year to shoot. This whole thing is a bunch of B.S. as far as I am concerned. I get angry, and then I think but yes ,the Rhoads did pick Peter to do this. They made a big mistake, but we all make mistakes. Their mistake was that they trusted him to bring this to the public in a manner that would befit Randy.

The other thought I had last night was, when this whole scandal of releasing the trailer happened, it seemed as though people wanted to kiss the big "P's ass. What the heck, The big "P" is going to make money out of this deal, (if he can ever get it together),he is going to bring in the bucks from everyone on this boards, other boards, as well as the general RR fan base. He should be kissing the ass of every RR fan for that, not opposite.

I have to think the Director does not have the experience or fineness, to deal with what the Osbornes' have done legally with Randy's as well as others music. I keep hearing "But Ozzy's music is to be used". Ozzy's music maybe legally, creatively, no way in hell. People have forgotten interviews Ozzy had done saying that Black Sabbath had never aloud him to give any creative input. That working with Randy was the first time he felt he was aloud to be creatively involved. I guess if you call pissing and up-chucking, while trying to blurt out lyrics you never wrote ,creativity, Ozzy could have been right. As much as I dislike Mrs. O, she is a smart and strong women. While smart and strong are admirable qualities in a person, they do not mean, good, nice, or trustworthy.

Like I posted before, If Delores never see's this, it will be before hell freezes over, or Pink Pigs fly, that I would ever put money into that pocket. This is ridiculous, period! I am sorry but this whole situation just makes me want to spit!

I don't know if anyone can have closure, especially a parent losing a child so young. Yes, he was 25, but he was her baby. The pride she felt for him has always shined through out these years, with determination and strength. Just to see her smiling face when this film came out would be enough for me.

I wonder if Randy's "good friends" Ozzy and Sharon feel this way with their new doc coming out ? DON'T THINK SO" !

I don't know Craig, I keep on praying, and then I think, well this really is out of our hands, and maybe something better will come of it. I just pray Delores gets to see that, "something better!"

When something is out of your hands I guess all you can do is hope and pray for the good to come shining through! Delores deserves that much!
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

I have to play devil's advocate and say that this is being done on the director's dime and he has to make an income like you and I in the meantime. If the Lord of The Rings folks had to work a full-time job on top of shooting, directing and editing that film I have to imagine it would have taken a decade for the first one alone.

Or something like that.

I'm as impatient as the next guy but this project needs to be done right. Another few months to a year could make all the difference in this documentary getting the true international audience it deserves.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Not just this film, but I find within the arts people often are shocked you want to be paid LOL...

I remember years ago as a student when trying to get a restaurant owner to raise his pay for an evenings Spanish guitar. I can still hear his broken English saying "you a musician, you do it because you love it"
Bloody cheek my mum said when I told her LMAO

I don't begrudge anyone making money from something they have worked hard to produce.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

How long could it possibly take to write a bunch of mediocre songs, record them and release a record? Ask Guns 'n' Roses.

If it could take that long to make a record, it could take time to make a film.