New QR date from 1978?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

New QR date from 1978?

Post by Randy Magic »

Hey Gang,
I was looking at some of my old mags and found a QR date that seems to be unlisted on the boards. I'm sure there are plenty of unlisted QR shows, but this one is actually documented.

QR played with Nick Gilder on 7/13/1978 at the Golden West Ballroom in Norwalk, CA. As you all may recall, Nick Gilder was the guy behind "Hot Child in the City," also released in 1978, and had fronted original glam band Sweeny Todd. Seems like it would have been an interesting show.

(sorry for the blurry pic)

Best regards,
Gary
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

the date of the newspaper (july 7th, '78 ) is the same day that one of the 'private lesson' bootlegs was recorded. :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Had Frank not hot footed it away he could have confirmed that because he might have had his memory nudged with this info.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Of course someone could just email Frank and ask...
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Paul

That would have to be the right somebody, because several of my friends have tried to contact him in vain. I have also...

Frank and I fell out over the religious thread, although... I have never known exactly what I did that upset him; 3 emails, pms. facebook and youtube (friendly) messages with genuine apologies if I had accidentally offended him, and still sadly nothing.:(

I wish him well now and am in good spirits myself! Life is way too short (look at Randy!) to waste on getting stuck in these kind of ruts!

I was devastated for a while though as to what the hell had happened!

Life goes on and forgiveness rules

Mattxx
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Of course someone could just email Frank and ask...
Ok, I'll ask him.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Frank told me he remembers a Nick Gilder show that Quiet Riot opened, as well as a Dwight Twilley show...