Dave Tangye Interview Updated 24 May 2009

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Dave has asked me to forward this message, this is for everyone at UR.

"Can you please tell all the guys who posted, many thanks for their kind words, It is fantastic to see that Randys memory lives on with such great adoration and respect, god bless you all.

Many thanks once again,
Dave Tangye."
I am doing a pure ladykiller smile for that...and it has been a long time since I did one of them!!!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm doing hysterics at the visual Matt ... I remember the first pic that was posted up of the 'Lady Killer face'. It looked like you had been in a lemon sucking competition and you had the bigger lemons to suck ...LOL!!
Joking aside i like how Dave has the time to answer and give praise when it is due !! Which is cool in my book . :wink: keep up the practice and suck those lemons 'til the pips go dry :twisted:
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

wow this is exciting news, i hope the video surfaces somehow.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've just noticed this photograph and Dave is looking on stage at the right of Randy in the photo. cool Eh! 8)

Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Yeah I noticed it a while ago, I thought it must be Dave.
When we had the Q & A with Dave last year I was going to post the photo for him to look at but never did, musta forgot.
I recently dug the book out again and had another good read through it, it really is good, I'd recomend anyone who visits here to get hold of a copy.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:Yeah I noticed it a while ago, I thought it must be Dave.
When we had the Q & A with Dave last year I was going to post the photo for him to look at but never did, musta forgot.
I recently dug the book out again and had another good read through it, it really is good, I'd recomend anyone who visits here to get hold of a copy.
Gaz i was told from Dave that he may be following the likes of Rudy Sarzo and Bob Daisley with a follow up to his Black Sabbath book. This time he will be covering the Ozzy Blizzard era 1980 - 1981. So that one will be something to look forward too. I think he's helping Bob Daisley with his book which is due out this year some time.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Dave Tangye Interview Updated 24 May 2009

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have just read this interview and i thought i would pull it out of the archives in respect for the late Dave Tangye. Enjoy
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Good one!!! I had completely forgotten this!!!
Mikel
joediesle

Post by joediesle »

I just read this article and it was great reading about Daves time with Ozzie during those times......I was at the Capitol Theater in Passaic, NJ in Apr 81'...I lived in the town next store (Clifton)... I sat in the 3rd row.. right of stage .. in front of Randy... the was a large Camera to the right and left of the stage but I didnt see anyone using them..so I dont know if there is footage from this concert.