( year old plays Randys V on ellen

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wyldeone
Cool Member

( year old plays Randys V on ellen

Post by wyldeone »

On monday on the Ellen show a 9 year old kid Plays a Rhoads Polka Dot V and Ozzy comes out. Should be interesting just wanted to give a heads up..
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Would be nice if someone can record and put it up on youtube for people outside the US! Wonder if Ozzy maybe gonna give some comments on Randy? Thnx for the alert! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

It will be this same kid - guaranteed.

wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Same kid but on the show he has a polka dot.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Here it is guys......

[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Wild, that damn guitar is bigger than he is! Glad he was playing Randy
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
The Flying Dutchman

BIG_P wrote:Here it is guys......
That looks much better! 8)
btw: someone should tell him to keep his mouth shut and only play..... :!: (no offense! :lol: )
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

That kid is great and all, playing a Randy song on a Randy V, but THIS KID is miiiiiiiles more talented on the guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix4TNJvVk8M
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

I thought Ozzy was supposed to come out? I would have like to listen to him sing instead of the kid...
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:That kid is great and all, playing a Randy song on a Randy V, but THIS KID is miiiiiiiles more talented on the guitar.

Oh my God!! He's a kid and he did an excellent job. Guitar playing is NOT a competition to see 'who's better'. So what if someone else is also talented at playing guitar, that does not diminish from what this kid can do.

Randy was great, so is Eddie, and Vai and Sykes and Blackmore and Frehley and Mars and DeVille. Music is about emotion and taste. Millions of players are great at what they do. Is one better than another? Not really, they are all different.

If you ask my son who the 2 greatest guitar players in the world are, he'll tell you Randy Rhoads and Paul Wolfe - Randy is on that list because he's my favorite and my son thinks that's cool. When he sees this video he'll be impressed. If Randy saw this video he'd have been impressed. Ozzy played with Randy and he was impressed.

Please share other wunderkind players, but please don't detract from one kid to praise another, that's just not right.

By the way, though, Quinn Sullivan is excellent and that video is great!
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Paul Wolfe wrote:Music is about emotion and taste.

Please share other wunderkind players, but please don't detract from one kid to praise another, that's just not right.

I believe I said one is "great and all." That's not detraction, in my book. Simply a "qualified great."

He's excellent for 8 (or even 18 or older). Maybe he'll develop some emotion in his playing as he goes along. No way to know at this point.

Quinn has that emotion in his playing, already, as well as the chops.

Saying one is "miles better" (as a player at a similar age) is subjective, sure.

I'm judging one to be "better" in my eyes (at this point in time), but not putting down the other by saying so. They're playing 2 different styles, completely. Apples and oranges. No way to know how well they'd adapt to each other's musical style.

Only time will tell. I hope they both continue developing and stick with it. I'm sure BOTH their examples will further inspire other up-and-coming young musicians to want to do the same. Win/Win.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

The Japanese little guy really is something else. That was a great version in itself disregarding his age.

thanks for sharing

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Both kids are on their way to greatness, that's for sure. 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Paul Wolfe wrote:
RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:That kid is great and all, playing a Randy song on a Randy V, but THIS KID is miiiiiiiles more talented on the guitar.

Oh my God!! He's a kid and he did an excellent job. Guitar playing is NOT a competition to see 'who's better'. So what if someone else is also talented at playing guitar, that does not diminish from what this kid can do.

Randy was great, so is Eddie, and Vai and Sykes and Blackmore and Frehley and Mars and DeVille. Music is about emotion and taste. Millions of players are great at what they do. Is one better than another? Not really, they are all different.

If you ask my son who the 2 greatest guitar players in the world are, he'll tell you Randy Rhoads and Paul Wolfe - Randy is on that list because he's my favorite and my son thinks that's cool. When he sees this video he'll be impressed. If Randy saw this video he'd have been impressed. Ozzy played with Randy and he was impressed.

Everybody can learn typing but writing a book is something different.
Randy wrote a book, that kid just learned to type on a very young age which is an incredible achievement for sure! But if he ever will write a book like Randy did..... :wink: