1982 Tour question for March

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

gtmo

1982 Tour question for March

Post by gtmo »

Randy Rhoads on tour 1973 - 1982 SECTION

If Bernie Tormé's first show was April 1st who played these shows and why are they not marked as cancelled.

March 24th - Capitol Center, Largo, MD
March 26th - The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA
March 28th - Nassau Coliseum, Hempstead, NY
March 29th - Brendan Byrne Arena, East Rutherford, NJ
March 30th - Civic Center, Hartford, CT [/youtube]
http://gtmometal.blogspot.com/
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Those dates didn't get played they would of been cancelled or rescheduled. The dates that Bernie Torme played with the band have never really been 100% accounted for how many shows he did actually play. Bernie says that he only played about 7 dates and Rudy Sarzo says that it was more etc. Ozzy said that he was in the band for two weeks ?.
March 30th - Civic Center, Hartford, CT
All of these dates would of been cancelled Bernie's first gig didn't happen until the 1st April 1982. They looked for a new guitarist just days after Randy's death and i think Bernie only had a few days to learn the whole set. He did a fabulous job filling RR's shoes, a very hard job to follow up.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

he played about 10 shows before he was replaced by vrad gilis and i think 6 of them are available on the bot trading scene.
Randy rocked
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I hope this answers any Bernie related questions regarding dates etc! with regard to the chip pan being used that show exists but the quality is so poor you can her little of him, so I am sure the problems he had with it are hidden in all the hiss and boom.
I have taken the dates from Bernies first show up to Brad first and included the days off, (compiled by the great Randy Perry,mod here at UR 8) )

Here is the full list of shows Bernie played with while with Ozzy

April 1st - Stabler Arena, Bethlehem, PA w/Bernie
April 2nd - Boston Garden, Boston, MA w/Bernie
April 3rd - Coliseum, New Haven, CT w/Bernie
April 4th - Off
April 5th - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY w/Bernie
April 6th - Civic Center, Providence, RI w/Bernie
(This show was Scheduled to be broadcast live with Randy)
April 7th - Civic Center, Portland, ME w/Bernie
April 8th - Off
April 9th - Memorial Auditorium, Buffalo, NY w/Bernie
April 10th - War Memorial, Rochester, NY w/Bernie
April 11th - Civic Center, Glens Falls, NY cancelled
April 12th - Off
April 13th - Broome County Arena, Binghampton, NY w/Brad Gillis

These are the shows with Bernie that have made it onto the trading circles.
Bethlehem 1 Apr 1982
Boston 2 Apr 1982
New Haven 3 Apr 1982
New York 5 Apr 1982
Providence 6 Apr 1982
Rochester 10 Apr 1982
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

I went to the Diary show with Bernie, at the Providence Civic Center. It was scheduled for April 6, 1982. I still have the newspaper ad and the backstage pass. I was supposed to meet Randy, but obviously he had passed. I was depressed and couldn't believe they were actually playing. It wasn't long after the accident. My brother worked at the venue and said that Ozzy looked pretty messed up and didn't want to see anyone, so I never went backstage. What many people don't know is that the show had to be rescheduled. There was a pretty bad blizzard (no lie) in April of all months and the snow prevented the trucks from getting in. If I can recall, they played the very next day or two later. Here is a photo from the show.

gtmo

Post by gtmo »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Those dates didn't get played they would of been cancelled or rescheduled. The dates that Bernie Torme played with the band have never really been 100% accounted for how many shows he did actually play. Bernie says that he only played about 7 dates and Rudy Sarzo says that it was more etc. Ozzy said that he was in the band for two weeks ?.
All of these dates would of been cancelled Bernie's first gig didn't happen until the 1st April 1982. They looked for a new guitarist just days after Randy's death and i think Bernie only had a few days to learn the whole set. He did a fabulous job filling RR's shoes, a very hard job to follow up.
Just strange that in the archive section it is not marked as CANCELLED on the side like all the other ones. Just need some clarification as to why it is not marked as CANCELLED. Someone should look into it and perhaps mark CANCELLED on the side of these dates.
http://gtmometal.blogspot.com/
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

gtmo wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Those dates didn't get played they would of been cancelled or rescheduled. The dates that Bernie Torme played with the band have never really been 100% accounted for how many shows he did actually play. Bernie says that he only played about 7 dates and Rudy Sarzo says that it was more etc. Ozzy said that he was in the band for two weeks ?.
Just strange that in the archive section it is not marked as CANCELLED on the side like all the other ones. Just need some clarification as to why it is not marked as CANCELLED. Someone should look into it and perhaps mark CANCELLED on the side of these dates.
I know the March 30th Hartford show was postponed. I went to it. Brad Gillis was playing guitar. They were selling the concert shirts with Randy on them. I bought one and still have it. I do not remember the date the show was on. I have the stub at home somewhere.
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

gtmo wrote:Just strange that in the archive section it is not marked as CANCELLED on the side like all the other ones. Just need some clarification as to why it is not marked as CANCELLED. Someone should look into it and perhaps mark CANCELLED on the side of these dates.
Is fixed now, thnx! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Randy Perry

Post by Randy Perry »

Not putting "cancelled" behind those particular dates was probably just an oversite on my part. Keep in mind that this list is no sort of "official" thing. This is just a list I started compiling years ago and then with the help of all the people that visitied my site, who gave me information and scans of tickets and newspaper reviews - helped make it as detailed it is now. It's actually the work of several people - and thanks to a few of them, it's still being tweeked.

As for Don Airey claiming that Bernie Torme only played 3 shows? Well, Bernie claimied to have played more than 3 shows - so who do you believe? I believe the half dozen audio bootleg tapes when they introduce Bernie as the guitarist.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:o Bernie has said he played seven shows with Ozzy. If I remember correctly, he also said this in Garry Sharpe-Young´s book and in some interviews too...
Mikel
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This is a clipping from the Sounds magazine 1st May 1982.
As we all know that last bit of news is false and John Sykes went onto to join up with Thin Lizzy. I'm not sure if he did audition, i think he did. A great guitarist and carrying on with the Thin Lizzy project still.